This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Historic Photos...
Guest_Schock_*
post Apr 11 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Guests

I was browsing through the OLD FORUM FILES and saw the posting of historic photos. It contained some photos of well-known horses that I had never seen before, probably because some were private/amatuer photos which had been kindly posted by individuals. Then when those individuals added personal comments about the photos it enriched the images that much more! I thought that reintroducing this thread on the new forum would be great fun and very enlightening to us all. To start 'the ball rolling' here are three photos of *Khofo. Hansi do remember these photos? Any comments or memories that you would like to share? Much thanks in advance! rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dennis
post Apr 11 2003, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Oh this is great. The "history" is back. biggrin.gif
This is a photo of Madkour, one of the six *Morafic sons who came to Germany (there were Farag, Shaker El Masri, Maddah, Shawky, Ghalion and Madkour). He is the sire of *Messaoud who was on lease to the States and sired horses like *Imperial Madheen and *Orashan.
Madkour was a tough stallion, described by his owner as a "fighter" with a very independent disposition. The photo was taken at the Asil Cup in 1985 at Dillenburg and Madkour is shown with his then-owner, Heinrich Hagenlocher who later came to the United States with the majority of his horses. Madkour was sold to Switzerland to Nayla Hayek's "Hanaya Arabian Stud" but sadly died shortly after his relocation.
Interesting enough Madkour (*Morafic x Maisa) was a three-quarter brother to the famous mare *Bint Maisa El Saghira (Nazeer x Maisa) who was (to the best of my knowledge, but I'm sure Hansi can help me out here smile.gif ) the first imported mare from Egypt to win at the National level and was noted for her big-moving trot and high tail-carriage. The same with Madkour. Whenever I remember him he had his tail high in the air, ears up and constantly in charge for whatever challenge he may face. He was a fearless horse and especially noteworthy was his gaits, who left nothing to desire. He was a good riding horse and to top it off sired a bunch of extremely successful sons and daughters. *Messaoud is just one of them. His grand-daughter Barasha El Naraah is featured as the champion mare of a show in the UAE at the international area of thsi site.
Oh, the photographer of the picture is Erwin Escher.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Babs
post Apr 11 2003, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 71

Here is a rare body picture of the mare Ansata Samaria by Jamil x Ansata Samantha who is the dam of the celebrated mare Ansata Selket in Qatar. I don't know who made the photo or who provided me with it but i never saw another body shot of her. The photo was taken at Ansata in the nineties. Enjoy.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Babs
post Apr 11 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 71

And this promising young colt is... blink.gif
Photo by van Lent
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 12 2003, 09:17 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I know this colt and I'm sure most of our Forum participants know him, too. smile.gif

Here is another historic picture of a mare seldom photographed.
This is Foze (Nazeer x Fathia by Sid Abouhom), bred at El Zahraa
in 1959 and sold to Hamdan Stables, then imported into Germany in
1971. She is pictured here with her colt foal Mohamed (by Mahomed),
born in 1979 (later he was licensed).
Interesting enough Foze was one of only two Nazeer daughters ever
imported into Germany (the other one was Nadja, imported by Marbach
State Stud). As far as I know Foze and Nadja were the only daughters of Nazeer
who were also bred to non-Egyptian stallions.
Noted for her free way of moving, Foze passed on this trait to all of her children.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 12 2003, 09:30 AM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Here is another historic pic. Do you recognize this horse?
He is Idrees (Adeeb x Bint El Nil by Anter x Sharzada), a stallion born in Egypt in 1981 and imported by Heiner Buschfort to Germany in 1982.
His dam died shortly after his birth, so he had a tough start into the world.
As he arrived he was all skin and bones and Heiner Buschfort gave him
time enough to settle in and get accustomed to the new conditions in Germany. Despite all efforts Idrees was a stallion who never gained weight. All of his life he was trim and slender, a condition I liked very much. Douglas B. Marshall once came to Heiner Buschfort's farm and commented how much Idrees resembled Morafic in type and condition. The same slender body, the same high-set eyes, the long upright neck and last but not least the same disposition – very alert, proud and very dominant. Idrees wasn't a "show" horse, he was a true Arabian horse that showed his essence when running free. No one could help but fall in love with him when he began to move.
Idrees was licensed and got a premium but sadly left just two foal crops before his untimely death in the mid-eighties. His half-brother Kasr El Nile (Tuhotmos x Bint El Nil) had the same exquisite movements and his dam Sharzada was a full-sister to Dalul's dam Dawlat – "flying without wings" runs in the family.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
oli
post Apr 12 2003, 11:28 AM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 59

another historic photo:

HANIA (Tuhotmos x Hodhoda) with colt MALIK EL NIL by Idrees

Photo: Oli

+Quote Post
Guest_Guntram_*
post Apr 12 2003, 02:58 PM
Post #8

Guests

The "promising colt" is Al Adeed Al Shaqab????

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Heidi_*
post Apr 12 2003, 03:25 PM
Post #9

Guests

Photo by ?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Heidi_*
post Apr 12 2003, 03:26 PM
Post #10

Guests

Photo by ?

This is Midas

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Heidi_*
post Apr 12 2003, 03:28 PM
Post #11

Guests

Nekro (Photo by ?)

Rucasja (Photo by ?)

+Quote Post
Guest_Sand*Dollar_*
post Apr 13 2003, 12:14 AM
Post #12

Guests

Babs,

Thank you a million times over for posting this picture of Ansata Samaria. I really love this mare! When I visited the Al Rayyan website and saw the head shot, I went bananas. And now, I get to see the rest of her and I am not disappointed. SHE IS AWESOME!!!!!!! What I wouldn't do, to have a mare like this in my barn. I am drooling!!

+Quote Post
Guest_bart_*
post Apr 13 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #13

Guests

Dear Babs,
Thanks for your picture from Ansata Samaria, I must say right now her being 19 years old she still looks about the same. An Iron mare!
Tough little correction Ansata Samaria is not the dam of Ansata Selket, Selkets mother is Ansata Samarra who's a full sister to Samaria. Samarra I believe was sold to Saudi, made a stop at Ismer on the way and was bred with Salaa El Dine but I don't know what happened after.

All the best, Bart.

+Quote Post
Monika
post Apr 13 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 314

Here are photos of Ansata Shah Zaman and Ansata Ibn Sudan. Both in poor quality because they were scanned from my TV.
They are from the ArabianLegacy Video. First Ansata Shah Zaman (Morafic x Ansata Bint Mabrouka)...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Monika
post Apr 13 2003, 08:04 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 314

Second is Ansata Ibn Sudan (Ansata Ibn Halima x Ansata Bint Mabrouka), a US National Champion Stallion.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 10:18
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.