This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Al Khamsa Convention-2008, Education
HLM
post Jun 18 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

Dear Fellow Breeders/Owners

As you all know basically al Asil Arabian horses are "al Khamsa" with the exception of the Tahawis, on which we need to work on. But these are covered by the Asil Club, Germany. At one time I was upset with the issue of a couple of Asils not accepted then, but this has been straightened out.,

All STraight egyptians, SOFI, etc.etc. are covered and we are combined into one great big family. I do not know of any organization in the world who gives so much information, has done so much research and provided our people with bonafide
help.And this work is done on a volunter basis, nobody ever got paid nor will. this is why AK does not have members, but it is called "Supporters" who will donate whatever they can to help pay for cash outlays, be it postage, printing, or whatever

The AK Convention in Calfornia last year was an event none of us can ever forget, nor the excellent Asil horses presented. the speakers were incredibly good and in the midth of the AK supporters are highly respected researchers, breeders and
artists.

It is also the only organization I know off, which caters to all Asil Owners and lovers, and consistently educates all those who want to be.

Therefore, I feel that anyone of you reading this might wish to also join as a supporter, help with what they can and make this non-political organization
continue to firmly stand as a historical entity. Their publictions are absolutely outstanding, highly educational and library issues.

Now let's all work on how we can get the convention away from Tulsa and
help and support, be it financially or otherwise and continue standing on our own merits, our own feet.

We had an auction last year at the convention, and did take in a bit of money.
I will again contribute hoping that the intake will at least double. wont you all please join?

Take care and have a grand day
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post Jun 19 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

Thank you Hansi for this wonderful post and how beautifully you have described the goals of Al Khamsa. I must tell you and others, as I have already in another thread, that while we greatly appreciate the offers to move our convention to Texas, we are obligated through contracts and other commitments, to have the '08 national Al Khamsa Convention in Tulsa. It just won't be at the U.S. Nationals as was previously announced. This doesn't take away from the terrific speakers, Fantasia, chuck wagon dinner party, and our breeders panel at the fabulous Philbrook Museum, who will help us all have a wonderful time with our horses and each other. We have two new projects to roll out, it will be exciting to have you and others join us to find out what they are!
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
dalcrista
post Jun 19 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4330

Greetings all -

I say let them have their Nationals, but let's have an even bigger Convention! What would they think if ALL the small, incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgable breeders of fine Asil bloodstock flooded Tulsa and outshone their elitist little show.
I'm making my plans now to be at the convention and I challange all of you to do the same. Why not show AHA what we are truly interested in, the true Asil Arabian horse - not their high-fallutin' high rollin' saddlebred wanna-bee's. Seems to me this might be an opportunity to give them a reality check. Wouldn't it be nice for the headline to read "Al Khamsa Convention draws TWICE as many attendees as the US Nationals! If there is no one in the stands watching, isn't it kinda like a bear in the woods...

Dale Hunsburger

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Jun 19 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Pam,

I will come. I hope it will be as nice as Paso Robles.
I was never attracted by the Nationals anyway. Bought the new camera bacsue of the indoor arena but I sure don't regret it.

Do you already know who the speakers will be?

Looking forward to meet you and your horses Dale!

Christine

+Quote Post
kay cochran
post Jun 19 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 10644

It sounds like fun. It would be nice to go to an event where people are friendly and there is no stress. I would love to go. It depends on who I've got to take care of all my critters. That particular time of year is a busy time for us. We have a lot of fall calving cows and you never know when you're going to have to pull a calf or call a vet because one of the cows has prolapsed. It seems like every time I leave something happens and then my husband is not a happy camper. Maybe I can attend when you guys have it in Texas.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 19 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Pam

I understand, if contracts are signed, then no changes can or should be made.
I did not realize this.

Yes, regardless it should be fun I am just so concerned that the Nationals get more attention and might take some away from the AK convention.

In any case, lets make the best of it

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Jun 19 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 606

Oregon is going to be great, of that I predict, in 2009 and maybe everyone will have time to plan for 2010 in Texas??? Start marking the calendars!

+Quote Post
starbright
post Jun 19 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3178

Is the AK convention at the same time as Nationals? A friend and I were interested in going last year, but couldn't quite pull it off, but are hopeful for this year. where, and when is it to be held? And does anyone know who is the AK rep for my area? Myself and a few friends are interested in promoting SE and AK horses in our area, and want to know where to start! By the way, I'm in Massachusetts. Dawn

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Jun 19 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

Well, Pam........It sounds like the convention committee had better book a whole hotel for the Oregon convention, instead of just a block of rooms like last time, LOL. I predict the biggest convention in the history of Al Khamsa in Oregon in 09.
Cathy

+Quote Post
phanilah
post Jun 19 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 201

Are the Oregon dates for 2009 set yet? That I can probably swing for attendance...I loved being at Davenport Days in 2006 - so I enjoy horsey jaunts down to OR. smile.gif

Beth

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Jun 19 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

Yep.........set aside the end of August Beth.....28, 29, and 30.....see ya there...
Cathy

+Quote Post
phanilah
post Jun 19 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 201

Thanks, Cathy....and where will it be held?

Beth

P.S. I was planting some petunias the other day and thought of you. wink.gif

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 19 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

Hi Cathy

You are right. I visited the doyle ranch and was truly impressed with their horses, but also that huge beautifully kept ranch, and of course the fun we always have with Rosemary being such a great person to be with.

So, lets do it, lets it be huge.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post Jun 19 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

Wow, you guys make me feel so good! The convention in Tulsa is Oct. 24-27th. There will be a bulletin on the electronic "Inside Al Khamsa" coming out in a few days, I saw the rough draft today and truly the convention is going to be fabulous. Our main speaker will be Peter Harrigan of the Isle of Wight, UK and Saudi Arabia. Those of you in the general area of Tulsa with AK horses you might like to bring can look forward to a warm welcome at a beautiful indoor arena and plenty of chances to show off your horses to a like minded audience at the Fantasia.
Right now as much as I want to, I can't look past Tulsa. Many of us are working very hard, especially Ellen May the chair person, to produce a memorable and fun convention so please if you ever wanted to come and just haven't done it, try it this year! It is one of those watershed experiences that can alter your perceptions and begin a network of life time friends.
Pam

+Quote Post
BaileyArabians
post Jun 20 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3603

I'll be able to make the 2009 one in Oregon. Way too much going on this year with buying a farm and moving and all.

I'll definately bring cookies though the following year. biggrin.gif

someone PLEASE get pictures of this year's (since it's allowed) I'd like to at least be there vicariously smile.gif

Kathy
p.s. I think Texas in the future would be wonderful also. There are so many great horses, great food and great people in Texas!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:17
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.