This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eid Mubarak::blessed Eid, Congratulations for Eid Al-Adha
Ayman
post Jan 4 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3040

Salam everyone,

January 10th, 2006 will be the first day of Eid. The day when all Muslim celebrate with pilgrims of Mecca the memory of the prophet Abraham’s attempt to sacrifice his son Ishmael before God sent a Ram from heaven to be sacrificed instead.

I wish everyone a happy and blessed Eid.

Ayman biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_guest_*
post Jan 5 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Guests

Salam Ayman & Eid Mubarak
This is an intresting part of history that you bring up
I use to always ask my self (when I read the story in the Quran) why would God in all his Glory and Mercy ask his great (he is an Umah) messenger, Abraham Peace & Blessing of Allah be upon him to do such a thing.
Many years later, I learned the answer to my satisfaction.
Has anyone else wondered or just me?

Best Regards,
Jamal

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 5 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 548

Hi Ayman and Jamal smile.gif When I became a father, the significance of the story became very real to me. And the example that Abraham made for all of us, for all time, in loving and trusting God. If God ever asked this of me, I don't think I would be as courageous as Abraham. Blessed be God forever. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ayman
post Jan 6 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3040

Hi Ralph,

Indeed this might be the case for all of us, that was very difficult for both Abraham and Ishmael but as there were very strong beleivers they have submitted to the call of God without hesitation. Therefore, we as beleivers need to keep in mind that God have given many bounties and we should not loose our faith in Him we He take some of it back. And we need to thank Him during the bad times as well as the good times. These are my thoughts and I just wanted to share with you smile.gif

Ayman wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 6 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 548

Ayman:

I enjoyed what you said, very much. That is, to live a life of thanksgiving... smile.gif always, no matter what happens. God gives and God takes...blessed be the name of God! It's not easy and it's a very conscious decision...one that I have to work hard at maintaining.

Have a blessed Eid.

Ralph

+Quote Post
Guest_guest_*
post Jan 7 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Guests

Hi Ralph,
In addition to what you and Ayman eloquently stated, my understanding is that many people at that time had strayed away from the way of Gods messengers and they use to sacrifice humans to their gods. And they needed a dramatic event to bring them back to Gods messengers' way of life.
I came across the fact that they use to sacrifice humans, by accident while doing some history research.
Best Regards,
Jamal

+Quote Post
Majid
post Jan 10 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 234

Thank you everyone,

It is certainly a time to be thankful for our blessings and for our burdens. Wishing all our friends a Happy Holiday and an Eid Al Adh-ha Mubarak!

And, our thoughts and prayers to those who are having a much more difficult time than us.

Kul Aam wa Antum bi Khair! Majid
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 19:53
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.