This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Cute Horsy Story, please take time to read it
Bakr
post Feb 15 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1818

Dear friends
While i was exploring the new website of the EASHA (featured on the pinned threads) i found on the junior member area this very cute story written by a 7 years old girl, Sophia the writter of the story loves horse so much and definitely loves Mrs Toner her preschool teacher who promised her that she will give Sophia all her horses whenever she feels she doesn't need them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

and this is Sophia's impression about Mrs Toner's horses biggrin.gif i was wondering which one might be Maggie ?? : huh.gif unsure.gif biggrin.gif

Bakr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Majid
post Feb 15 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 234

Dear Bakr,

Sophia's letter was great! And, her artwork is very well done! She should have a passion for Arabian horses for life now!

Of course, most of us who know Mrs. Toner understand why her students are so fond of her!

Great story!

Majid

+Quote Post
Georgia
post Feb 15 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2334

Sounds like a lot of us as little girls.. there is always someone you come in contact with in your life that sparks that existing love of horses. She's a lucky little girl to have Mrs Toner
and visa versa. This is what horse owners are made from.

Her drawing is very good for a 7 year old, as my daughter, maybe she will grow up and not only own Arabians, but paint or draw our beautiful horses portraits.

Very nice, thanks for sharing..

Girl after my own heart..
Georgia

+Quote Post
Guest_Sabs_*
post Feb 15 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Guests

very cute. Thnks for sharing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Al Moussami_*_*
post Feb 15 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Guests

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Dear Bakr
Shoukran for sharing this story with us ...I have a weekness for beautiful stories ..I
think that there is a little of Mrs.Toner in all of us Horse Lovers ..
Regards
Al Moussami

+Quote Post
Bakr
post Feb 15 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Dear friends
i'm not always used to post stories .. actually i hardly post a new topic but the feelings i had after reading this story encouraged me to share it with you all .. unfortuantley i had no horsy childhood hero but i think this is good chance for everyone to thank his own Mrs Toner

God bless
Bakr

+Quote Post
Anne-Louise
post Feb 16 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 52

Dear Bakr,

I am the Mrs. Toner in question, and "Maggie" (I call her Maddie, but Sofia prefers Maggie) is actually Medallela, an Imperial al Kamar daughter who is also a kind and patient pony ride horse. Sofia is a very proud EASHA member, in spite of not being a horse owner, and she and her brother and sisters are going to share Medallela with me at some EASHA functions this summer. Here is a photo of Sofia's horse hero for you, taken in the paddock last summer. I think her artistic rendition is most accurate and the original artwork is framed near my desk.

Anne-Louise (a.k.a. Mrs. Toner - most fortunate to be so dearly loved by Sofia)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Betina
post Feb 16 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1718

What a lovely storry from a little girl, as I wrote the storry, more and more goosbumbs grow on my arms. biggrin.gif

What a lovely little girl. And so lucky to have Mrs. Toner.

+Quote Post
Bakr
post Feb 16 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Hello Anne
What a wonderful surprise to know that you are among us here. i don't know why but when i posted this little story it never crossed my mind that one day i will be able to write to the real Mrs Toner.
i have read sofi's story many times and everytime it end up with a big smile biggrin.gif and her drawing is just so brilliant.
Thanks alot for sharing the pic of the beautiful Maggie , now i knew why Sofia loves you and her this much ... you both are Angels wink.gif

Please pass my greetings to Sofia and tell her that me and i'm sure everyone here wish her good luck and to thank her for giving us this lovely story.

Regards
Bakr

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Sven_*_*
post Feb 16 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #10

Guests

Salaam Bakr, to make it even more interesting, Anne-Louise Toner is the owner of Simeon Sachi, very closely related to Dr. Nasr's Simeon Sharav! She is a great lady and I'm proud to call her a very good friend of mine, and am missing our field trips!
Best wishes, Sven

+Quote Post
Bakr
post Feb 16 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

Hello Sven
Thanks alot for your contribution ... . Sofia mentioned a nameless stallion in her letter.. i'm wondering if it's Sachi that she ment biggrin.gif

regards
bakr

+Quote Post
Anne-Louise
post Feb 16 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 52

Dear Bakr,

I will tell Sofia that another horse lover in Egypt sends her his best wishes.

She is well and truly "bitten by the horse bug" - on the last visit to the farm she was hugging Maddie, with her face buried in her mane, and she looked up at me and said very softly "She just smells SO GOOD!". I remember being a little person who loved horses and wishing as much as she does now for a horse of my own (and maybe you remember, too!). I am a very, very lucky woman to have these beautiful Arabians, and, Sven and Majid, to have such wonderful friends I might not have met without them. The children from my class who are like Sofia (this year it is a little boy named Ian who is crazy about horses) remind me of how fortunate I am - particularly nice to remember on days when I am mucking stalls in the snow!

Best wishes,

Anne-Louise

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Sumerlan_*_*
post Feb 17 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #13

Guests

Anne-Louise:

What a sweet story to read this morning! There is notice of an auction on the webpage this morning that caught my eye ... putting two and two together ... perhaps the dream could come true for your Arabian fans ... it's in South Carolina.

Sumerlan

+Quote Post
sarri
post Feb 18 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 3195

QUOTE (Anne-Louise @ Feb 16 2006, 01:14 AM)
Dear Bakr,

I am the Mrs. Toner in question, and  "Maggie"  (I call her Maddie, but Sofia prefers Maggie) is actually Medallela, an Imperial al Kamar daughter who is also a kind and patient pony ride horse.  Sofia is a very proud EASHA member, in spite of not being a horse owner, and she and her brother and sisters are going to share Medallela with me at some EASHA functions this summer. Here is a photo of Sofia's horse hero for you, taken in the paddock last summer.  I think her artistic rendition is most accurate and the original artwork is framed near my desk.

Anne-Louise (a.k.a. Mrs. Toner - most fortunate to be so dearly loved by Sofia)

Oh Ann Louise that is such a sweet story.... thanx so much for making a lil girls dreams come true and flaming the flames of passion for the horse, in general and specifically for the arabians.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 17:52
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.