This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Ecaho Announces Decision
An American Bree...
post Jul 7 2003, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 606

The ECAHO has announced on its website its decision on Al Aadeeb from the positive drug tests after the Worlds at Paris, December, 2002.

I applaud their courage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jul 7 2003, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 548

I believed, due to the length of time this decision was taking, that Al Aadeed's title was safe and that the ECAHO was going to make the decision that a majority of people were hoping for.

American Breeder, this is really hard. I can't applaud anything. I find it difficult to find happiness or even satisfaction with this decision. Al Aadeed is a spectacular show horse and his breeder spent a fortune to bring this horse to Europe, so the rest of the world could see him and enjoy him. There was much effort and sacrifice invested by many people in getting Al Aadeed ready for Europe. The generosity of Sheikh Hamad overwhelms me, when I consider that he sent this extremely valuable horse to Europe, with all the risks involved.

There are not many Arabian stallions that come along of the proportions of Al Aadeed. For me, he came at a time in my life when I had too many questions and the only answer could be found in a "superstar horse" to remind me why I love the Arabian Horse so much. He is the embodiment for many different peoples of what an Arabian Horse should look like. If there is one thing that Al Aadeed does, is that he unifies many people over his qualities, he brings us together in aggreement. It is hard to unify so many different people on anything these days! I find it miraculous over what a very beautiful horse can accomplish. I recognize that the decision has nothing to do with Al Aadeed's quality and the significance that he is already making, as we see photos of his progeny like Amira Al Shaqab. No one can take that away and he doesn't need a ribbon to underscore that fact in anyone's mind.

I don't envy the ECAHO, they had a very tough job. A job that would not bring them any popularity, no matter what the decision. And like many have said on the ECAHO forum, "rules are rules that apply to everyone." I understand and recognize this fact. However, it does not make accepting this decision any easier. For me, Al Aadeed is the standard, against which all horses will be measured.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 7 2003, 07:05 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Dear American breeder,
no reason for applause. They just did what was necessary.
No one who knows the heads of ECAHO had any doubts that they would come to a solution.
But again, no reason for applause. A great horse had to suffer because of a human failure.
A sad story has come to an end.

+Quote Post
StarVision
post Jul 7 2003, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 439

Oliver~

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Natalie

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 7 2003, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Guests

It says on the ECAHO site that Al Aadeed is suspended from all shows for six months, the suspension ends on the 4th of December...one day before the World Championships start. If you ask me the ECAHO is giving Al Aadeed another chance to win the title, and I'm sure Qatar will make use of the chance, perhaps a crumb of comfort to the Aadeed fans.

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Jul 7 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Dear Oliver:

I really don't see this: "A great horse had to suffer because of a human failure. "

The horse is happy at home, probably in a great environment, munching on his hay, enjoying life. Losing the title means NOTHING to this horse, only to the humans involved. The horse is still the horse, with all his beauty and quality. The horse has had NO HARM done to him. And anyone who would change their mind about breeding to that stallion or buying one of his foals over the loss of this title is too much of an idiot to have such a fine foal from that horse.

Yes, the ECAHO did what they had to do. Had they not taken that action, their would be no integrity or reason for the rules of their organization. But that STILL takes courage and conviction in your beliefs. The loss of that title may indeed help other others down the line in other shows from being drugged. Because it will be a reminder that anyone will be disciplined. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Danny_*
post Jul 7 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Guests

For me he remains the true World Champion Stallion. I saw him win and no horse could rival his beauty and presence in the ring.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jul 7 2003, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 548

My comments removed, they are not necessary, as per Alia's statements.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 7 2003, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Guests

"Because it will be a reminder that anyone will be disciplined." blink.gif
Dear American Breeder,
don't know what is common in the US but in Europe rules are made for everyone. We need no reminder for this because we already know it and we had many cases before where ECAHO showed their objectivity regardless how powerful or rich or influential people involved were. So there really is no reason to be surprsied and certainly no reason for applause. They did their job, no more no less. And they did a good job, as always in the past.

+Quote Post
Guest_Sabine_*
post Jul 7 2003, 09:12 PM
Post #10

Guests

Sorry, forgot to enter my name.
Sabine

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Jul 7 2003, 09:45 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

"But that STILL takes courage and conviction in your beliefs. "

Surely anyone taking the time to read my post would know that is what I applauded.

+Quote Post
Guest_Wilbur,friend to Mr Ed_*
post Jul 7 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #12

Guests

Absolutely right, there are many varied and valid reasons why people compete in all sorts of competitions and in life, to be what you want and can be.

But animals have a slightly different view or approach, some are naturally competitive, race horses I am locally informed like to see which one can go faster, what ever the contribution of the jockeys. Maybe not all but some. But they dont actually set out themselves looking for race meetings, sure they might race in the fields with pals but its not the same as being asked to compete by a human.

I imagine that as far as Al Adeed is personally concerned , he did his bit had a good day out, everyone showed him love and affection he had a lot of nice fuss and attention and has a good memory of getting a prize and being called the World Champion.. That I imagine wont have changed, he will still be getting lots of love and attention and people will remember what thay want what ever changed after that moment.

I dont imagine unless someone has told him and he had his prizes in his stall which have now suddenly gone that he gives a hoot, what people have done or said on the internet.

He may not bother reading and is unlikely to be on line in his stall.

In the future humans, people who walk on two legs will drop this subject.

Don't get too upset about what is already history. Remember the great day the horse had in december and makes sure no one ever tells him. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Aliaalhussein_*
post Jul 7 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Guests

I have been trying not to get involved in any of the repartee on this subject for months now, but I REALLY FEEL THAT THERE ARE SOME COMMENTS THAT MUST BE MADE. First and foremost I repeat what I have said to all those who tried to get a quote from me over the past few months: gaining a title by default is not my idea of a happy situation nor I am sure is it most peoples`. However, I must say that things are getting out of all proportion in these arguments. The horse is I am sure as was pointed out above much happier at home than on the show circuit where he was distressed in travelling and let`s face it also on the showgrounds. He has been applauded and appreciated by masses and has every possibilty to return to Paris this year,anmd aas the decisions have taken so long he also already entered and won the Qatari International Show this spring. So much for that. As for the dangers of travel and the generosity of Sheikh Hamad, I would like to stress that as any of us who have horses know, the dangers and risks are there for everyone who goes to shows, and the costs of entering are evaluated as worthwhile or not by those who send their horses. OF course I was happy for the Qataris to do well,and have expressed frequently my pride in Middle Eastern countries sending horses they have bred to Europe and regaining credibility as breeders of the ARAB horse! They have entered from the Usa and Australia too in the past... Olympic athletes HAVE frequently been banned and lost their titles for exactly such `technicalities`. I realise that I sound unsympathetic and in fact that is not the case. I have done everything in my power to encourage shows and all Arab horse events in the Middle East and AAdeed won his first International Title at the Show in Jordan. I am sentimental about such things, and I know very well what goes into breeding and loving a horse, not to mention all the joys and woes of showing. I just think that everyone needs to be a little more objective ,and get things in proportion. It is a sad situation,it became extremely ugly and unfair for a while when inaccuracies and accusations started flying around on this very site,from third parties moreover! While everyone feels with Sheikh Hamad , he is not in need of apologists, and the Emir of Qatar is the first to uphold rules as he demonstrated at one of their early shows when the Championship was removed will his full concurrence. Sheikh Hamad himself proudly told us of the Emir`s belief in clarrity, transparency and conforming to the rules.He just saidthat if there were findings of forbidden substances then that was that ,and withdrew his horse from the title himself. we have to also acknowledge that ECAHO has had a difficult time over this, There simply cannot be different sets NOR different applications of rules, To misquote,Shakespeare and begging his pardon, `That way madness lies`.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jul 8 2003, 01:29 AM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Good evening Princess Alia

I totally agree with you. I feel that ECAHO did what they preached. I also feel that any of the renowned breeding farms owners, going through the same thing, would feel honored to withdraw. they simply dont want anything which is against the rules.they also dont wont sympathy or
whatever.

rules are rules, they are there for all. And this removal from first place can not possibly alter the horse. we all know this. an honest mistake occured, and a hefty price was paid. But this will also give a serious warning to those who dont make "honest mistakes", and I feel there are some out there.

I am very happy that ECAHO inforced rules and
send out a warning singnal to all. their crediabitlity was at stake, and it now stands unblemished.

that does not mean that I am not deeply sorry this incident happened, due to a human error or neglect. I fully understand the issue.

Hansi

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 8 2003, 08:57 AM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

It is a sad situation,it became extremely ugly and unfair for a while when inaccuracies and accusations started flying around on this very site,from third parties moreover!

Just a short correction. On THIS site nothing "extremely ugly" was published.
No accusations, no harm. This was solely on the ECAHO website.
Here some serious discussion about drugs and abuse of show horses was to read -
and of course several different opinions about how the ECAHO should deal with this
situation. But it was far away from being "unfair".

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 07:23
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.