This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Items Needed For Open House, native halters and jewels
CarolHMaginn
post Apr 6 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1135

Hi All,

I would like some advice... I am having an "Open House" on April 23rd, and I was thinking it would be nice to use Native Halters and chest decorations on the horses... but I don't want to "break the bank" for just 1 day... Also I have 7 horses who will be partaking in the "Open House" all of different sizes... I have one very large headed mare - who has a Nabiel kind of head, and then I have a yearling colt, and then several smaller headed older mares, and 1 little filly who will be 1.5 months old by then.

So would you say I would need 4 sizes of halters? What about the chest decorations? And I would really like to get the kind of halters with the shells on them. I've seen some that look great, and then I've seen some that look kind of cheesy.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks,

Carol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SHOgrl97
post Apr 6 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2530

I htought your open house was on the 22nd?! How far are you from Mena? We can stop by!
For chest decorations, couldn't you just use turqouise beads? That looks really nice on the smaller or finer arabs. I sometimes think less is more. I agree...some of those halter sar echeesy, but the ones with less tassles on them are a lot nicer and would be a great idea!

+Quote Post
CarolHMaginn
post Apr 6 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1135

Nope - its the 23rd - thanks for the tip! So where do you get those beads? Mena Arkansas is pretty far... I would say - it would take about 6.5 hours to gete from Mena to Austin driving...

Carol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 00:26
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.