This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salaa El Dine Lines Crossed To Non-straight Mares
Jakes
post Jun 14 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1747

Hello Forum

Can anyone please share with me their views/experience on the crossing of Salaa El Dine bloodlines with non-straight egyptians mares?

What I am interested in, is whether a typey stallion that is linebred to Salaa El Dine, is likely to pass on his exteme type when I cross him to my non-straight egyptian mares, mostly of El Shaklan, Carmarque and some Bey Shah bloodlines?

I am interested to know if the stallion will remain so prepotent when outcrossed to non straight mares, of if he is likely to only breed on his extreme type when linebred to his own line i.e. horses with the Salaa El Dine or Ansata Halim Shah lines?

If there was already a discussion on this, a direction thereto would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Acorn Arabians
post Jun 14 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 138

Hi< I have a double Salaa el dine stallion, who also carries double Ak Kastana, doubleAnsata Halim Shah, 4 lines to Hanan, he produces just as typey foals to non straights as he does to straights. gbfahne.gif Helen

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Jun 14 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Patrick aka ###### in Belgium has a very typey son of Salaa El Dine and he is not straight. I have seen pictures of the non-straight part (mangani) and that mare was very typey too.

The stallion's name escapes me at the moment.

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Jun 14 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

hmmm very strange the name I typed appears as #####. Never happened before.

+Quote Post
Sigrid
post Jun 14 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

You're talking about La Mirage, bred by Dr. Wettke, Germany. He is owned by Patrick Vermuyten of Tres Castillos (formerly A-L-M-A-S-E Management - for one reason or another the A-word seems to act strange), Belgium.

La Mirage is a bit more than 3/4 egyptian, his dam being Bint Mangani (Ansata el Salaam x Mangani (Nuri Schalan x Metelitsa - Aswan). Mangani was the All Nations Cup Champion mare.

Enclosed a picure of him.

I had a splendid looking very kind colf foal of him last year that was sold abroad at 7 days old without even advertising him for sale (he was't supposed to be for sale, but was seen on the forum with newborn foals ! ) :-)

Attached Image

Attached Image

I'm sure there are more quality Salaa el Dine non straight SE sons around !

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_gast_*_*
post Jun 14 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Guests

Nyalah el Absha ( Salaa El Dine x Nyrah -Silver Scenario x Nadeshka )

and Khaliq Nayla ( Khidar x Nyalah el Absha )

+Quote Post
aliaalhussein
post Jun 14 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 21

We were fortunate to own Kamar El Zaman, a Salaa El Dine son given to us by Sheikh AbdElAziz owner of Al Rayyan Stud. We used him on a LARGE variety of mares, most non Straight anything, - Old Jordanian mixed with Crabbet, Courthouse, Polish, un-race French and Tunisian, you name it,and honestly I can,t say he produced one less than good foal for us, and at least 95% were outstanding, MaShaAllah! Hope that answers the Topic query!!! wink.gif .

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Nina c K_*_*
post Jun 14 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #8

Guests

These are our two Salaa el Dine granddaughters, both by Radames II (Salaa el Dine x Ansata Rebecca) and mainly egyptian bred:

If you are interested in their mothers and what they both have in common, I might send you a PM.

Manilah out of Marischka by Plakat out of Malisha Bint Galal

Ilayla out of Inaz el Assuad by Sethos (Kaisoon):

+Quote Post
AbshaArabians
post Jun 14 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 61

Hi Jakes,

here is Djalwa el Absha (Salaa el Dine*Diyaa Quhara) the beauty of my stud smile.gif

Dajidah-Diyaa (Nur ad Dine*Djalwa el Absha)

Adara-Diyaa (Nur ad Dine*Djalwa..)

Badiyah-Diyaa (Teymur B*Djalwa...)

Ahdjar (NK Hafid Jamil * Djalwa...)

regards Miri

+Quote Post
AbshaArabians
post Jun 14 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Diva Majidah (Nur ad Dine(Salaa el Dine*Ayda) * Mirijam (Ibrahim*Mahabba v.Hadban Enzahi)
one of the most beautys I have ever seen rolleyes.gif
Breeder and owner: LaDivaArabians

Miri

+Quote Post
diane
post Jun 14 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 117

Jakes says "What I am interested in, is whether a typey stallion that is linebred to Salaa El Dine, is likely to pass on his exteme type when I cross him to my non-straight egyptian mares, mostly of El Shaklan, Carmarque and some Bey Shah bloodlines? "

huh.gif curious... it will be most intersting to see other photos... so far, of the 14 shown; 10 are head shots, 3 are foals' body shots, only 1 is a full, older than foal body shot (asking if this is the stallion). Does this mean that type really does mean head? Jakes - is this your question? ie is a pretty head retained or obtainable when breeding a linebred Salaa El Dine stallion to mares of El Shaklan, Carmarque, Bey Shah blink.gif
please, don't take this question as offensive - it is a genuine question. How do these foals grow? Are there more individual's of these bloodlines who are mature? (Body shots + head shots??)

Generally - it goes without saying, the majority of foals are gorgeous smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jakes
post Jun 15 2006, 06:27 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 1747

Thank you for the responses so far!

Diane, for me type is not just a pretty head. It's also movement, tail carridge etc....as Iin fact I think you are 'hinting' at in your response. However, my mares are realy strong in the body, have great movement and tail carridge, but not the type of head that I like so much.

What I am therefore hoping for in the linebred Salaa El Dine stallion is that he will ad a pretty head to the foals, while maintaining the other type elements of the mares. It's not that the stallion does not have the other elements of type i.e. movement, tail carridge etc - because he does, but just not as good as those of my mares...

I seem to remember reading somewhere on the forum in one of the older discussions of someboddy raising the issue that certain straight egyptian lines does not pass on their exteme qualities that often if not linebred to a mare with similar ansestors in the pedigree? cool.gif

However, from the pictures posted, I am pretty confident that the nick should work quite well.....

+Quote Post
Sigrid
post Jun 15 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

A bodyshot of El-Jahrousse, by La Mirage (Salaa el Dine) out of Rifala (Crabbet / Russian lines). A filly born 2005

[attachment=25341:attachment]

+Quote Post
Sigrid
post Jun 15 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #14

Gold Member
Group Icon

Bodyshots of the 2005 colt by La Mirage (Salaa el Dine) out of a russian/crabbet bred mare (Plakat, Naplyv, lines)

[attachment=25342:attachment]

[attachment=25343:attachment]

[attachment=25344:attachment]

+Quote Post
AbshaArabians
post Jun 15 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #15

Advanced Senior Member

Djalwa el Absha as a foal

with 3 years

with 5 years

and with 8 years

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 22:01
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.