This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Syria/waho Travel, question for Hansi and others
anitae
post Jun 21 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1964

Hansi,
It seems you are planning to attend the WAHO conference in Syria in September. Have you applied already for your visa and how long does it take to get the visa? I am seriously considering going, but don't know if I've waited too long. Traveling on a USA passport, I am expecting more delays.

Who else is planning to go?

Anita
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_-gw-_*
post Jun 21 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Guests

I was in Syria in May and can only warmly recommend to go there - great people, lovely horses and true Bedouin hospitality, not only in the capital, but also in the Al Jazirah. As for visa, I don't know about the US, but in Germany it took only about 2 weeks.

Gudrun Waiditschka

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jun 21 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Anita, I have just faxed our travel plans to the organiser in Syria on the forms that come with the WAHO Conference details. They will arrange your visa if you book and send them the travel details before July 15th. You also have to fax or airmail a copy of the page in your passport that shows your photo etc. We're coming from the US via London on American Airlines and then connecting on British Airways. You have plenty of time to get this organised. I think it will be an incredible trip. I hope to see you there. We're also doing the six day tour after the conference.

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jun 21 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Sorry, clicked twice !

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jun 21 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

I have just faxed our travel plans to the organiser in Syria. They will arrange your visa if you book and send them the travel details before July 15th. You also have to fax or airmail a copy of the page in your passport that shows your photo etc. We're coming from the US via London

+Quote Post
Guest_WAHO_*
post Jun 21 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #6

Guests

Dear Anita

If you contact me direct at the WAHO Office I'd be glad to send you all the information you need. As Liz said, you have until 15th July to register and have the organizers fix your visa to be ready on arrival in Damascus. Yuo can register after that date but would have to arrange your own visa in USA. The fact you have a USA passport will not make any difference smile.gif

Kind regards
Katrina

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jun 21 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Other US visitors I know who are going are Lorry Wagner, Ed Davidson and the Hatfields. Anita we are booked on British Airways Fl. # 6555 on Sunday Sept. 10th. to Damascus. It leaves from Heathrow at 9.15 pm. We fly from Dallas on Sept. 9th on American Airlines into Gatwick, then have to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. Where are you coming from ?

+Quote Post
almoussami
post Jun 21 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3472

Liz
It was nice seing you at the EE..Can you tell me what is the WAHO site address ,I need
to contact Katrina for some Info...Anita can apply for a visa at the Syrian embassy in
Washington it will take less than two weeks,specially if she mention that she is travelling with a group that was invited by the Syrian Government...She can call them and inquire about the time to obtain a Visa..They are very nice and eager to help..
I predict that your trip is going to be one of the best to remember..I know first hand about our Syrian Hospitality..Allah youkoun ma3koum..
Regards
Bachir

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Jeff_*_*
post Jun 21 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Guests

www.waho.org smile.gif

+Quote Post
anitae
post Jun 21 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1964

Thanks to all. I will contact the WAHO office.
Liz, I'm coming from San Francisco. I may be going through Germany, as I sold a colt there last year and the owner is anxious for me to visit. Otherwise, I'll try to catch up with you in London. In checking flights, either way it looks like BA is the best way to go.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 21 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Anita

yes I am going and travel on a Canadian PaSSPORT.

YOU NEED TO SEND ALL YOUR DETAILS VIA FAX TO kINA AT waho, they look after things, including visa, to have it available on your arrival in Damascus.
And dont worry, "American People, you know the common ones, not the WH" are still loved the world over." Wherever I travel I elaborate on the wonderful American people by enlarge, and I am telling the truth, I am known well enough in many foreign circles and my word is taken, because it is always the truth as I see it. I intend to take that tour too, which is so important to me.
Wilma talsma will also go and we usually share a room so that she can help me a bit, if you know what I mean. Even if I have to be on crutches, which I doubt, I be goeing!!!

SO SEE YOU THERE AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 21 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Thanks Kina,. I misunderstood, thought all goes to you. wilma Talsma said she had trouble getting through by fax to Syria. I will now follow what you stated. I must be getting old, eh? Will be faxing my papers to you today.

Have a wonderful day and cant wait to see you in Damascus

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity arabian Farms

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 21 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

Anita

I will fly directly from Gainesville,Fl via Atlanta- KLM- to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam Syrian Airlines directly into Damascus. the same -the way back-
Wilma Talsma flies from Dallas to Amsterdam and meets me in Amsterdam- same flight- to Damascus and same on return. I got an under $1400.- fare plus $ 133.- insurance and I think Wilma got the same. We arrive evening Sept.10th in Damascus. If you need further assistance, advise.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
aliaalhussein
post Jun 21 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 21

In case this is of any interest, the Middle East Championships in AMMAN are RIGHT AFTER THE waho CONFERENCE. WE WENT BY THE INITIAL PROGRAMME WHICH HAD THE TOURS ARRANGED BEFORE IT which is a bore as the latest blurb puts the tours as POST conference, but in case anyone likes to look in, they are most welcome. Amman is about 2 hours' drive from Damascus , less by plane, so do bear it in mind, and let me know if we can be of any help. Best wishes, Alia

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Jun 21 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

How much does the rest of the trip cost, besides airfare?
Is everybody staying in the same hotels?

Christine

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 14:26
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.