This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Callegari Goes To Europe!
Guest_Candace Callegari_*
post Aug 28 2003, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hello all, my stallion Cale' Thee Xtreme, or X as we call him, flew into Amsterdam yesterday. He is going to Germany. If you run across him ever during your travels please let me know how he is doing? The agents handling his shipping do not seem to beleive in communication even though I have stressed this repeatedly.

X is a chestnut 3 year Arabian stallion. He is like a puppy dog. He was raised in my arms. Hope you can relate. I will not be able to see him till December. Thanks in advance, Candace.Callegari@sap.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris_*
post Aug 28 2003, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Guests

Where is he going to stand at? Is he going to shows here?

+Quote Post
post Aug 28 2003, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Guests

He is en route to Brikhof Stud in Burglenfeld Germany. I am not sure if he will show at Auchen yet. It depends what condition they have arrived in. If not I think they will display there. He will be competing at the World Show though! It will be at that time that I will be able to see him again. It is going to be fun. Paris at Christmas time! If you go to Auchen please let me know how he looks. - Candace

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_guest_*
post Aug 28 2003, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Guests

Who will be showing your boy ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
post Aug 29 2003, 04:01 AM
Post #5

Guests

Eileen Verdic will be showing him. I am not sure if they have amateur classes, but if they do, then I will show too. I do not really enjoy halter that much. I prefer to ride. But I always try and support the amateur riders and amateur classes. So I would give it a go if possible.

Does anyone know the stable were he is going? It was king of a last minute decision to send him and I did not have time to research very much.

Thanks, Candace

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_guest_*
post Aug 29 2003, 04:30 AM
Post #6

Guests

Why don't you sent him to one of the profi-trainer with much success on shows like Frank or Scott or Johanna or Eric?
I think for all the costs and risk for shipping only the very best trainer would be good enough (if it would be my horse)!?

+Quote Post
post Aug 29 2003, 05:32 AM
Post #7

Guests

I didnt know Eileen before the Eevent in Kentucky. It was getting late. Most trainers had colts already booked. And if I was going to pay big money I wanted a 'face' and not someone's junior. Well one of my friends had a horse going with her and we thought it would be fun to show together. So I met Eileen and liked her. Annnnd she needed the clients. Everyone always picks the same faces, and since she was low on clients, I figured I would get a good ROI. And I was right. She worked hard for us. I like to put my money were it is needed, and thus, valued. And as to winning, well, just being able to show at the Eevent was enough for us! If you knew the tragedy in the story of how X and Star came to be you might understand. Eileen understood and thus gave in to my amateur whim to show X myself. This took alot for her to do. I gotta honor her opinion.

Now we are going overseas! This is something I have never even dreamed of. And realistically, we are already so much of an underdog, why worry about it! I am taking an unpromoted stallion, who has never even had a pro-foto taken of him, we have no 'political' affiliations, noone knows us, we are riders and not halter show-ers, we take our show horses on trail rides (god forbid), we are small breeders, we let X go outside of his stall, we are not made of money, we have a woman trainer ..... shall I go on? He is just a good horse. He is a rider's horse. Hopefully the judges will see that. Do I hope we win? Heck yea! Think of the odds!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Anne_*
post Aug 29 2003, 07:22 AM
Post #8

Guests

The Dirnhofers of the BIrkhof Stud are very nice people, I'm sure he will be in good hands there. However, they have their own trainer (a very capable guy from Australia) so why not let him show your horse? Of course its your decision, but why pay horrendous sums of money to have an American trainer come over and show your horse in Europe when there are trainers over here at least as good (if not better)? Your decision, of course, I'm just curious smile.gif

What shows has your boy been to yet? Is he qualified for the European "A" Shows then? (As I dont think the Egyptian Event counts as qualification, as it's not an open show) Can't wait to your colt, I'm sure he's a beauty...

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Aug 29 2003, 08:03 AM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Mr X:

Photo by Erwin Escher

Candace,
you made the BEST possible choice to send him to Achim Dirnhofer.
Achim is a man who lives for the well-being of his horses. A horse
who lives at his place has heaven on earth.

I can't wait to see your boy in the flesh as so many people raved about
his extreme beauty and wonderful disposition after his success at the
Egyptian Event. Many a breeder said, "Wow, this is a horse for Europe!"
And presto - here he comes!!!! smile.gif

To the best of my knowledge he will be the only sE stallion in Europe
that features Patrick Swayze's athletic stallion Tammen close-up in
his pedigree.

Will definetely pay him a visit as soon as he has arrived.

+Quote Post
paola marinangel...
post Aug 29 2003, 08:26 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 119

Dear Candance,

congratulations for this very beautiful stallion, I will look for him in Paris for the World
Show, where, I understood he will compete. I agree with Oliver, this horse has a
look that for sure, appeal the ''European'' taste. So my best wishes for him
and....see you in Paris.

Paola

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 29 2003, 09:15 AM
Post #11

Guests

If I find him in Aachen, I will take pictures of him and post them for you. I actually can't wait to see him in the flesh. Heard many stories of him, now I'll be able to see with my own 2 eyes.

Ciao,
Stephanie

+Quote Post
Dennis
post Aug 29 2003, 10:03 AM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 74

Urggh, wrong decision. Eileen Verdieck isn't a a good choice for a horse to be shown in Europe. She may can stand up a horse but isn't able to show it to its full potential when it comes to movement - and movement is essential to win at Aachen. Eileen can't run fast enough and isn't fit enough to stand the pace of a goood-moving horse and can't bring out the best movement out of a horse. She may be a good choice for some of the smaller American shows but not at Aachen or Paris. Most American horses that win at Aachen or Paris had Europen handlers at their site and if not, they won not because of their handlers but despite them. Fingers crossed all goes well with X'treme, he deserves it because he is every inch a classic, good looking, typey, extremely balanced, big-eyed, wonderful straight Egyptian horse that can and will make an impact.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 29 2003, 10:59 AM
Post #13

Guests

I think dennis is right. The european show scene ist a very different one to the american. In America, a horse has to be promoted well, stand like a statue and have a very big shot trainer on the end of the lead to win the big shows. Movement doesnt seem to count for much though. Very different over here, it is not enough to have a well trained horse and a well-known trainer. A horse has to be shown perfectly in movement too, and I think there is an advantage for trainers who know what the judges are looking for over here. Also, neither European judges nor spectators tend to be very impressed with the American fashion of standing a horse up with its legs miles out the back, head above vertical and the trainer standing far meters away at the very end of the lead.

+Quote Post
Guest_Birthe R. Høgh_*
post Aug 29 2003, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Guests

Hello Candace rolleyes.gif

Mr. X looks beautiful to me! biggrin.gif tongue.gif Hope to see him in Aachen!
I have been at Birkhof and it is a paradise for horses. Achim is a very kind person who take very good care of the horses.

biggrin.gif Birthe R. Høgh

+Quote Post
Guest_Ulf_*
post Aug 29 2003, 12:22 PM
Post #15

Guests

There could be a reason why EV has so few clients.
I saw her the very first time at a show in France where she showed poor Imperial Im Tarib, a colourful beautiful animal which she treated in the worst possible way. They were no DCs at shows at this time period but many people stood there and made "buuuh" and shouted at her. Though he was very calm (perhaps that's was his fault?) she whipped him so badly that it was a shame to see it. In Paris she showed him (against Imperial Imdal who was shown by Steve Dady much nicer) and people were not impressed by her way of showing. she stood him up like a statue with the head high up in the sky and the neck almost vertical, it looked so rediculous. When it came to movement - zero! Not the horse, he would have trotted with another trainer at his side but she wasn't able to catch with his speed. And this was in the eighties!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:00
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.