This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Story, What's your horse been doing lately?
Georgia
post Feb 3 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2334

I am going to "copy and paste" a discussion between myself and a friend that lives in Tennessee. She rides and trains (on the side) gaited horses. She has flat shod American Saddlebred, gaited horses and trains all gaited breeds when she can find the time. She is very active in showing in local shows and trail riding.
She is so good with horses, many ask for her help and she rides others horses to help them out from time to time.

This is a story about one of her friends half Arabians and their trail ride. This is right from the horses mouth, her exact words. SO, here we have a gal that isn't even involved in Arabian, promoting Arabians. What have you and your horse done lately?

We have had many thread on different similiar subjects, Hansi's Hero's has proven that there are not many in today's time, as we just have people who are not riders of horses. People or Horse Hero's not many. I'd like to know how many horses have a + after their name vs many decades ago, but that's another thread.

Please read this conversation and see if you get the same tingle, as I did. The ride took place at BuckSnort trails, in Tennessee, so in the mountains of Tennessee.
No easy trails here.

If you pick up on the KEY sentence : "My God is he for Sale", would solve all our problems breeding Arabian horses.

My friend Dot's of her day on the trail..............Georgia

Can you imagine riding him.
That would be like the Arabian I raced with a Bucksnort last year. My friend has an Arab that is 23 years old. Now he still has some spunk let me tell you. This guy had aggregated me all day to race him on his QH. I kept saying No he isn't mine. The girl that owned him was riding my horse and said Oh shit Dot Blow his doors off. Here I am in a huntseat saddle racing this guy. Shoot that Arb went past him like he wasn't there. I smoked his doors. The guy finally got up to the top of the hill and he said My God is he for sale. We got back to camp and the guys were ragging the heck out of him. HE said Dang I've never been beat in 8 years and worst of all by a dang girl. In front of his friends I said better yet a dang girl on a 23 y/o horse. Oh Lord the laughs went up.
**(I said and a dang girl on a 23 y/o Arabian S.E. bred horse)!!

Oh girl the salt was that he was 23 years old. His horse was 5. lol. The other guys at the table said Do you ever run him in open speed, I said No he's not mine but normally he's a dressage horse. He's trained through 2nd level. OMG the laughs did go up then. I was working him that afternoon and several came out to walk him "dance". Several of the guys said Damn that horse out ran you?! It made for an interesting weekend. They don't know Shiloh though, he is some horse. I saw this guy at an Open Show in Nashville this year. He introduced me to some of his friends. Here I am in saddleseat attire and they said This girl was the one that beat you? He said She has balls of steel under that coat don't let her fool you.
I tell you what though. That horse can run so fast that the wind whistles in your ear. Can you imagine him at 10?

Shiloh isn't registered. He's 3/4 Arb and 1/4 QH. I will ask if she knows who his sire is though.

Well I lied. He is registered as a half Arb. He was raised at Maple Valley Arabians. His name is MVA Shiloh.

The funny part on Shy is he's smart. The first day she brought him out he was acting gimpy. Like he had arthritis or something. Her being a novice owner here she come running to me. OMG Dot he's lame. I checked him over...couldn't find a dang thing wrong with him. I said had me my lounge whip. I started him out and he tried the same crap with me but I noticed the gimp changed legs. Hmmmm. I popped his butt and said Shiloh canter. He picked up that inside lead and away he went. I said you smart ass horse.

Sending picture:

She said ignore his thingy sticking out. She says she didn't catch him at his best. I still think he's pretty!!!

Dot

Sire VP El Rosal
Grand Sire El Hilal
Anasata IBN Halima
Nazeer

Dam La Criolla
Grand Dam Camalot

Danish Fleet
Fleet Deck
Top Deck
Boulder Bars

Reg No. 2a276061
International Arabian Horse Association
IAHA

Not only is he straight Egyptian on the top - he's straight running bred QH on the bottom. Top Deck is the sire of Jet Deck one of the all time great racing QH.

Shiloh is some dude though. I never would have dreamed in a million years that he was 23. He's like riding a 5 y/o QH. I rode him 4 hours one day and he was as full of piss and vinegar when we came back to camp as when we started. Even after I had rode him top speed across a bottom and up a hill (big hill). It was a good quarter mile I raced that guy. And they say the Qh's can't be beat in a quarter mile. NOT.
Need some good pictures of him at Bucksnort this year when we all meet for Memorial Day. I sure wish you guys could come down. Heck I'll bring you a horse just come camp with us. Brenda would gladly let you ride Shiloh and I'll gladly let you ride Duke. The men folk hang out at camp and watch satellite. Please think about it!!!!!!

Anyone, know about his sire? Breeders? Anymore, incredible stories out there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 04:27
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.