This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Af Cassidy, Where is he now?
PlumCreek
post Apr 22 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5856

I recently bought a mare who is an AF Cassidy daughter. I can't find a lot of information about him. Where is he now? I found that he was the most classic head at the even for several years in a row. Does anyone know anything else about him?

What is your overall opinion of him?

Any pictures of him?

Any help would be appriciated.

I attached a picture of my mare Cassandra WP
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl L
post Apr 22 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2799

JOE AND FRANK DAVINO AND SCOTT GONYAN
1375 RED OAK LN
WAYNESBURG, KY 40489

These are the last recorded owners as of June 2006.

Cheryl

Below is his show record:

Recognized Competition Region Dates
Class Description Place # in Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPINDLETOP SPRING ARAB (6137) Region: 9 24-MAY-02 to 27-MAY-02
Arabian Hunter Pl 2 15 2
Arabian Hunter Pl 2 5 0
Arabian Hunter Pl 5 13 0
MAGNOLIA SPRING CLASSIC (6119) Region: 12 26-APR-02 to 28-APR-02
Arabian Hunter Pl 3 8 0
MAGNOLIA CLASSIC ARABIAN II (6114) Region: 9 29-MAR-02 to 31-MAR-02
Arabian Hunter Pl 6 8 0
Arabian Hunter Pl AO 6 7 0
ALABAMA ALL ARABIAN (6204) Region: 12 22-MAR-02 to 24-MAR-02
Arabian Hunter Pl 2 3 0
ARABS FALL PRO-AM (5866) Region: 9 30-AUG-01 to 02-SEP-01
Arabian Hunter Pl 1 3 .5
Arabian Hunter Pl Champ 4 5 0
Arabian Hunter Pl 5 6 0
Arabian Hunter Pl 2 3 0
GULF COAST CHRISTMAS SHOW (5560) Region: 9 08-DEC-00 to 10-DEC-00
Arabian Stallion Breeding 2 3 0
Arabian Most Classic Head 1 6 1
ARABS FALL PRO-AM (5404) Region: 9 01-SEP-00 to 03-SEP-00
Arabian Stallion Breeding 1 1 0
GULF COAST CHRISTMAS SHOW (5124) Region: 9 03-DEC-99 to 05-DEC-99
Arabian Stallion Breeding 3 6 0
CAROLINA MOUNTAINS ARAB SHOW (4860) Region: 12 15-APR-99 to 18-APR-99
Arabian Stallion Breeding 1 3 .5
Arabian Stallion Breeding Champ 1 2 1
CENTRAL PIEDMONT ARAB HORSE SHOW (4086) Region: 12 22-AUG-97 to 24-AUG-97
Arabian Stallion Breeding 2 5 0
Arabian Stallion Breeding Champ 2 4 1

+Quote Post
Carol Cooper-Hal...
post Apr 22 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2995

Hello PlumCreek
In addition to what Cheryl has provided you above, you can also find out more information about "AF Cassidy" by clicking on this link: http://www.majezticarabians.com/AF_Cassidy.html smile.gif
Cheers,
Carol

+Quote Post
Larry M.
post Apr 22 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 636

AF Cassidy was bred by May Mills, and he is a son of Thee Desperado. He was the Most Classic Head winner at the Event, as you mentioned, three years in a row. The first win, he was still owned by May and was shown by Ted Carson. That year he sold to Wolf Point and the following two years, he won under them. He was not allowed to show again a fourth year and this, to my knowledge is a record # of wins for the Event in Most Classic Head.They owned him for a few years, but made the decision to concentrate on EP horses. They sold him to a lady from WI or MN, and he was placed with Scott as his trainer in KY. I am assuming that he bought him.
The people who own Cali Thee Extreme, who is by Desperado, also had a filly out of Cali's dam. (a Tammen mare) by Cassidy, who was shown at the Event and did quite well, but I do not recall her name.
Cass has a head like a sea horse. Some of the photos show how extreme it actually is? He is out of a Ruminaja Ali mare, Alisaa. He has a full brother, AF Durango who I am told is quite a horse too. We own another full brother who is in our avatar. We have tried to keep track of where Cass was and what has gone on with him.
Pat M.

Edited to add: I just followed that link and most of what I wrote is already mentioned there, but I think that most of these pictures are older when WP still owned him. I have seen more recent pictures that had been taken once he went to Scotts place. I am not sure if I know the name of his farm in KY.

+Quote Post
Tenkenva
post Apr 22 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2725

Paradise Farm

+Quote Post
Bandit
post Apr 23 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4114

Last year I was seriously considering breeding a mare to this horse so I tracked him down in Kentucky. I forget the womans name who owned him but she had him at her house breeding Cassidy to her Gdansk daughters. On one occasion that I called, her trainer was there to pick Cassidy up and take him back to his farm. Im assuming it was scott but I dont remember exacty who it was.
Cassidys owner said that his trainer was just crazy about the the horse.
From what I understood, Cassidy was being shown some in ridden classes at local shows and breeding Gdansk daughters in his spare time.
When I asked how much she wanted for Cassidy she gave the phone to the trainer and I talked to him about the price.
So, If Id of been Cassidys trainer and knew he was for sale I might of bought him too.

+Quote Post
PlumCreek
post Apr 23 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Thanks for all your replies and information. So far the trail has stopped at Paradise Farms. The website there seems to have been taken down. Have they gone out of business?

Is he "more then just a pretty face"?

I know another of his daughters Tamera, she may be the mare mentioned above. She is with Carolyn Busch. That is were I got Cassandra. I also met his son Cassanova.

Cassandra has wonderful confirmation but only a nice head, not extreme. Tamera has a great head but not quite as correct as Cassandra in conformation, though still well made. Does anyone know of the existence of a conformation shot of Cassidy?

+Quote Post
Larry M.
post Apr 24 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I saw Cass one time at the Event when WP had him there. I know that May had several photos done of him when he was young that also showed his full body. Last I knew, Scott was still in KY. Might try giving him a call if he is listed?
I may be mistaken, but I think in addition to his Most Classic Head wins, he placed in his halter classes at the Event, Top Ten.
He was built totally different that my stallion, who is tall and lengthy built. Cass was more compact. My stallion has an attractive, masculine head and large eye, but he is not dished as much.

+Quote Post
Bandit
post Apr 24 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4114

I have a pretty good conformation photo of him but I dont have a scanner. I cannot see his legs too well in the photo though.
What I was most interested in, other than his legs was how his neck came into his chest. I cannot tell for sure if I is low set or not.

Show photos are a fine thing for glossy ads but when you really want to see a good conformation photo of a horse and you get angle shots, it very frustrating.

One things for sure, if he is being ridden and shown under saddle, which last I heard he was, he must have at least descent conformation and a good mind.

I dont think too many rational trainers would get on a crooked legged, straight stallion with a bad attitude. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
southwindarabian
post Apr 24 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 14

I met Cassidy before the Stangers ( Wolf Point) got to see him at home. Their halter trainer at the time Andy hedge brought Cassidy homeand we ran over to look at him. In addition to trowing extreme type Cassidy had a wonderful sensitivetemperment. Was a doll to be around. We have had 2 Cassidy foals The 1st a filly-out of an Ali Zaar daughter and dthe 2nd a colt we currently own and love to death.
The filly is pictured 1st-then our guy.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Larry M.
post Apr 26 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

As I mentioned earlier, I think the biggest reason he was sold from WP was the fact that they wanted to do the EP thing and that was not Cass's *thing*. I could have seen him easily as a Hunter or WP horse? Of course this is just my opinion.
I really wanted to see Durango, the other full brother. I missed the Event last year, but my husband went. May called, just before he left and said that the decison to not show him at the Event last year after all had been made, but perhaps this year?
I am thinking that it helps to see the foals and get, but that if you can take into consideration what is coming out of the siblings, the cousins, etc. considering the granparents, you have a really good idea of what to expect out of your own horse.
Are you riding your mare? Who is her dam? How was she bred?
Pat M.

+Quote Post
PlumCreek
post Apr 27 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Thanks again for all the responses!

No I am not riding this mare. She has a hock injury that keeps her pasture sound. If I exercise her very hard she will start to show a little stiffness and hesitation in her movement. She is breeding sound or could be ridden by a child as a trail horse but no more then that.

Her sire is obviously AF Cassidy biggrin.gif and her mother is a Minstril daughter named MINMONIET. The "Moniet" in Minmoniet comes from the dam side that goes back to *IBN MONIET EL NEFOUS

Here is a link to her pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cassandra+wp
Comments are appriciated!

Do you think that Scott would be ok with being contacted? Also, does anyone know why the Paradise website is down? It looks like they used to have asever pictures of Cassidy on the site that I can't get to now. Did anybody save them?

Bandit, if you ever do get that photo scanned I would love to see it! Even better, I would love to see him! I hope someone eventually sees this post that took pictures of him on their own camera at The Event . I bet someone out there has private pictures of him. Those are usually the most honest anyway!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
southwindarabian
post Apr 27 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #13

Pat,
Here are some pic's from Cassidy-3rd generation-by my cassidy son
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PlumCreek
post Apr 29 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Those are some very pretty babies. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I like the little guy in the middle! What are the bloodlines of the dams? Are they all grey?

+Quote Post
southwindarabian
post Apr 29 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (PlumCreek @ Apr 29 2007, 09:42 PM)
Those are some very pretty babies.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  I like the little guy in the middle!  What are the bloodlines of the dams?  Are they all grey?

Ist filly is out of our grey ali zaar daughter,2nd filly is out ofour besson carol daughter, 3rd is a black bay/black colt-out of a grey egyptian bred mare. He had one more black bay filly in 06 out of a grey domestic bred mare-waiting on pic's.
Interesting thing-we believe frankie ( our cassidy son) could be homozegous black, The grey filly was born the mousy color of a true black but had stinkin grey hairs around the eyes, urg I was extremely excited when I saw her from the back then she turned and looked at me and nope grey,lol.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 01:36
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.