This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kuhaylan'ajuz Of Ibn Rodan, info
Gabe
post May 17 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4864

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this strain/ wondering what everyone thought of this strain? If anyone has any photos they would like to share please do.
Gabe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HLM
post May 17 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear Gabe

Never heard of "Kuhaylan Ajuz Ibn Rodan". It is used when the line leads into Rodania i.e. "Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Super horses come from this lines, supber athletes and beautiful, up todate.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
2mntn
post May 17 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

Hey Gabe - pull up the Bint Bint Riyala thread and check it out again. She was of the strain you mention - assuming that you do mean Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Happy days! biggrin.gif
Ray

+Quote Post
Gabe
post May 17 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (HLM @ May 17 2007, 05:07 PM)
Dear Gabe

Never heard of "Kuhaylan Ajuz Ibn Rodan". It is used when the line leads into Rodania i.e. "Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

Yes the mare traces to Rodania. The way it was used was "Of Ibn Rodan" I assume it means the same thing. The mare is a supreme athlete and one of the most lovely mares I have had the pleasure of seeing.

+Quote Post
Gabe
post May 17 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (2mntn @ May 17 2007, 05:33 PM)
Hey Gabe - pull up the Bint Bint Riyala thread and check it out again.  She was of the strain you mention - assuming that you do mean Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Happy days!  biggrin.gif
Ray

Will do thanks!
gabe

+Quote Post
Allison of Talar...
post May 17 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1382

QUOTE (HLM @ May 17 2007, 05:07 PM)
Dear Gabe

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

Hansi,

The other day I discovered a VERY interesting fact. We have quite a few Botswana foals going to the Egyptian Event this year, and I always print out (by hand) pedigrees for their stall doors--and add the strain.

You know we at Talaria are very committed to having good movement in our program, and I have searched diligently over the last seven to eight years for mares with excellent movement (more even than beauty).

Well, when I finished the pedigrees I realized that all but two of my Botswana foals were Kuhaylan ajuz (Rodania) plus one of the others was Kuhaylan ajuz (Dajania). And we are talking about over 20 Botswana get here.

Interesting--no? I just chose the mares for their movement,--never looking at their strains until last week when I did the pedigrees. Thus, I would agree most sincerely with your statement about the "super athletes" coming from the Kuhaylan strain lines. cool.gif

Allison of Talaria

+Quote Post
HLM
post May 17 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Der Gabe"

there is no "Ibn rodan" as a horse, and certainly not a breeder. Indeed it refers to "Rodania".

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
Gabe
post May 17 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Hmmm, I wonder how I managed to find that then... Oh Hansi I thought I might add that this mare has some of your breeding. SERENITY SHAHRABI is her great grand dam.
Gabe

+Quote Post
Gabe
post May 18 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Allison of Talaria @ May 17 2007, 06:28 PM)
Hansi,

The other day I discovered a VERY interesting fact.  We have quite a few Botswana foals going to the Egyptian Event this year, and I always print out (by hand) pedigrees for their stall doors--and add the strain.

You know we at Talaria are very committed to having good movement in our program, and I have searched diligently over the last seven to eight years for mares with excellent movement (more even than beauty).

Well, when I finished the pedigrees I realized that all but two of my Botswana foals were Kuhaylan ajuz (Rodania) plus one of the others was Kuhaylan ajuz (Dajania).  And we are talking about over 20 Botswana get here. 

Interesting--no?  I just chose the mares for their movement,--never looking at their strains until last week when I did the pedigrees.  Thus, I would agree most sincerely with your statement about the "super athletes" coming from the Kuhaylan strain lines. cool.gif
Allison of Talaria

I thought I relpied to your post yesterday but I guess something went wrong...
It is extemely intresting about your Botswana foals. First and foremost I want the movement in a horse to be nice. It turns me off if I see a Stunningly beautiful horse that as soon as it trots looks like its about to fall apart. I have always felt that movemnt is a BIG part of a horses beauty. I'd love to see a few pic's of your foals!
Gabe

+Quote Post
Allison of Talar...
post May 18 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Gabe,

Are you coming to the Egyptian Event in Lexington? We will be there all week with a number of Botswana foals.

I've posted below just a few photos of some of his foals...

Allison
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Allison of Talar...
post May 18 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

And another
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabe
post May 19 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Allison of Talaria @ May 18 2007, 10:34 PM)
Gabe,

Are you coming to the Egyptian Event in Lexington?  We will be there all week with a number of Botswana foals.

I've posted below just a few photos of some of his foals...

Allison

Beautiful foals!!
No unfortunanly I wont be able to go this year. I'm planning for next year wheither or not I bring a horse.
Gabe

+Quote Post
Gabe
post Jun 22 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #13

I knew I had seen the "Of Ibn Rodan" some where this the were I saw the info and also what it says:
http://www.datadubai.com/about-dubai/wildl...tory-continues/
In 1881 the Blunts imported the Kuhaylan Ajuz of Ibn Rodan mare, RODANIA to England. They had gotten her from the Roala.

and this was on all breed pedigree:
Rodania was a Kohejlan-Adzus of Ibn Rodan, bred by the Ruala about 1869 She was purchased by Wilfrid and Lady Anne ... Died in 1889

I even found it on a how to read a pedigree site:
Our sample horse, Huckleberry Bey, is of the Kehilan Ajuz of Ibn Rodan strain. ...
It is on several farm pages as well
Your thoughts are apperciated smile.gif
Gabe

+Quote Post
SKM
post Jun 22 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4984

Sorry Hansi, must take issue with you on this one. There was most certainly a strain (female spelling) which in full is correctly written as Keheilet Ajuz of Ibn Rodan. And there most certainly was a breeder named Ibn Rodan. This is very well documented. Over the years, as with many strain names, the full strain name has been shortened to Keheileh Rodanieh (male: Keheilan Rodan). The most famous mare of this strain was Rodania (named for her breeder/strain, she was bred by the Bedouin tribesman named Ibn Rodan of the Roala tribe who 'owned' this strain which is named after his family). There are other horses of this strain in other early western stud books (eg French) but I believe Rodania's is the only tail female line that has bred on to modern times. It is a very large family world-wide as Rodania had 3 famous daughters - Rose of Jericho later exported to Australia, Rose of Sharon later exported to USA & Rosemary who stayed in GB- who between them had many daughters and the family has spread all over the world over the centuries.

To quote from Peter Upton: Rodania was born circa 1869, she was bred by Ibn Rodan of the Roala tribe and taken in war from their Sheihk Sotamm Ibn Shaalan, in 1880, by Tais Ibn Sharban of the Gomussa. An old and celebrated mare, formerly the property of Beneyeh Ibn Shaalan, and the cause of a feud between him and his kinsman Sotamm. Purchased by the Blunts from her owner Tais Ibn Sharban on 12 April 1881, in the desert, near the wells of Abu Fayal, for £124. Chestnut, with near hind foot white to above fetlock, blaze to mouth, pink on upper lip, deep jowl, eyes showing white like human eyes, splendid shoulder, extraordinary strength. Wounded on the quarter, belly and chest, probably sustained in a ghazu. A somewhat uncertain temper. 14.2 hh. Imported to GB in 1881. She became sick and was put down in the winter of 1889/90.
To quote from Lady Anne Blunt: 'We had heard of this mare 2 years before we saw her on our journey through Nefud to Nejd beyond Joff in January 1879 at the well of Shaqig, where we met a son of Beneyeh Ibn Shaalan. We were told about the quarrel between Beneyeh and his cousin Sotamm Ibn Shaalan, on account of this chestnut mare which Sotamm insisted on having and managed to take by force, failing to get her by fair means. Beneyeh then had left Sotamm to fight his own battles with the Sebaa, in the course of which, last summer, Sotamm lost the mare for whose possession he had sacrificed a valuable alliance, who was taken from him by Ta'is Ibn Sharban of the Gomussa in 1880. She strikes with her forefeet and kicks too. Her strange temper may possibly be the result of having been knocked about and especially the severe firing she had undergone.'

I hope this clarifies things a little.

+Quote Post
Gabe
post Jun 23 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #15

Thanks
I was wondering how in the world so many sites could have the same info and all be wrong. If anyone else has any imput it is welcome! smile.gif
By the by does anyone know of winning show horses of this strain?
My mares dam and grand dam were awsome show horses.
I'm sure the Botswana get are doing well in the ring... smile.gif
Gabe

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 16:41
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.