These are questions for my walking encyclopedia... Where is he at? I have not seen a post from my favorite horse trivia friend in months!
For those who like this sort of thing and women who answer the "Dating I.Q."
Quiz while waiting to have their hair done, here is a little Quiz for those who like historical perspectives.
1. In 1937 Vol. IV of the Arabian Stud Book of the Arabian Horse Club of America
was published. Later this volume and the previous ones were reissued with
changes. What were the changes and what were the alleged reasons for
2. Sultan Abdul Hamid II made a gift to the President of the United States in 1879.
What was the gift, and who was the President?
3. In 1926 a group of horses were imported from the Crabbet Stud and went
to Pomona, California. Who was the imported, who was his agent and
name five of the horses in the importation.
4. In 1932, two of the first groups of Straight Egypitan Horses were imported
into the United States. Name the Importers , the Breeders of the Horses and
identify the horses.
5. Which of the above (number 4) horses have Straight Egyptian Descendants
in contemporary breeding?
6. In the 1950's, Alice Payne, suggested to a young man, that he should
consider a breeding program to preserve a group of horses who were
identified by the name of a political cartoonist.
a. Who was the political cartoonist and what political cartoon character is
he most famous for creating?
b. Who was the young man and what was the result of Ms. Paynes
c. What was the name of the stud farm of Alice Payne and name the
famous stallion upon which she founded her farm?
7. Raktha x Serafina produced two colts which were later imported into
the United States and became famous as sires of
outstanding US bred Arabian Horses. Name the breeder of these two
colts, their US importers and give the names of the colts.
8. Sol de Villa Ranch was the home of an imported polish mare, whose
grandson became one of the most famous Arabian Horses in the
United States. Name the owner of the ranch, the imported mare,
and her grandson.
9. In the United States, the Rogers Arabian stud started with five mares
selected in Saudia Arabian. Two came from the Royal Stud, two
came from the Bedouin and one from the ruling family of Bahrein.
What were the names of these mares, do they have living descendants,
and are any of them in present day Straight Egyptian pedigrees?
10. What was Sheykh Obeyd and who was Mutlak el Batal?
11. Austraiia has had a long and admired reputation for producing
outstanding horses of Crabbet lines. Name five of the early Crabbet
bred importations to Australia.
12. Name five contemporay Straight Egyptian horses which do not
have Crabbet bred horses in their Ancestory.
13. Identify the breeder of the "Heavenly Twins", give the name of these
horses, and their sire and dam.
14. Name five contemporary Polish bred horses which do not have
Crabbet bred horses in their Ancestory.
15. Who is Rudolf Valentino, what is he famous for? Name the
horse and the breeding of the horse he rode.
You can cheat all you want.
LMG (aka LMGG)