This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breeding In 2008? Have You Already Decided?, Match maker Match maker
mckulley1
post Jun 30 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 249

Have you already decided who you are breeding to in 2008 now that your mares are in foal?

If so, SHARE!

If not and you need help, tell us who, with pictures and pedigrees and lets do some Match Making!

FUN! laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sapphire
post Jun 30 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 259

How about this one?
Daaliyah 22 year old
Ruminaja Ali x Doriah
Open again this year, still would love to breed her.
Tried 2 years unsuccessfully with Suhal Al Nasser
Possibly considering ET
what stallion would you suggest for this pedigree?
(dam is a full sister to Dalul)

+Quote Post
JacqueB
post Jun 30 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1601

Brenda,
Taking into account the pedigree is always important, but I think you're going to have to look at your mare & what does she need? more length of leg, or more stretch, or better hocks, or smoother top line, or cleaner out of the chest or more refined type in the face/dryness/dish, or larger eye or more shapely ears, or more heart girth and on and on.
Have you seen any of her foals, is she prepotent/consistent in any areas?
How is she different than what her pedigree suggests?
Having said all that, my own personal bias is toward more even tempered horses & since she is R. Ali I'd be looking for something to tone that down without loosing the good movement/shoulder/elbow that often comes out of his siring.
Old pictures of Shaikh Al Bodi are really straight in the back legs/dropped suspensories(?), so I wouldn't want to be crossing back over into something that was close to Shaikh Al Bodi.
Did you like Richter get at the EE?
Or have you seen any Nabiel sons you liked? I can tell you that Akid Geshan has impeccable legs at 18 years of age & is very good tempered/spent lots of time under saddle in Australia-lots of Babson in his dam side.
Botswana has a great temperament & you've had success going there- Shaikh Al Bodi's influence is quite dilute there.
What about Amiin? not sure I'm spelling that right- he gave Mishaal a run for his money & his legs are still good with and working regularly-good mover, too, with obviously trainable temperament with his several national top tens in working western/cutting.
just some thoughts off the top of my head,
jb

+Quote Post
Avalondales Egyp...
post Jun 30 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3641

We are breeding to our farm stallion.... SA Shaikh AL Sakr...One mare is already in foal and we are comtemplating breeding perhaps another two...

SA Shaikh AL Sakr a tall grey stallion well over 16 hands (Harakka X FA Maronique) Harakka is an Anaza Bay Shahh son out of Hollima. Maronique is a tall grey mare sired by Ramses Maris out of Kastina...
Attached Image

The mare he has been bred to is B B Krystal (PVA Kariim X B B Crystali sired by Rumanaja Ali out of Imperial Bint Negma
Attached Image

The mares we are comtemplating are Sara Al Badeia and Josephin Al Badeia full sisters sired by Sugaa (Sakr X Magidaa) out of Mariam Al Badeia (Hafeed Anter X Noor El Sabbah)
Attached Image

Pictured below is a SA Shaikh Al Sakr daughter out of Bint Ishtar (Prince Ibn Shaikh X Shams El Ishtar) She is his first foal and the nick proved very successful. Ishtar was rebreed for a full sister that has proved to be just as good...
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Stacie_H
post Jun 30 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 530

i have every intention on breeding Skye next year. Niki will be three and ready to get a bit more work on her. Plus Skye loves being a mom. Im just up in the air at the moment. Taking a good long look at several stallions from all walks.

+Quote Post
BaileyArabians
post Jun 30 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3603

Well I was looking at MB Talmaar, He's also Tail Female to Yosreia like my girl (they are both Hadbah Enzahi )and has some really nice looking babies like Saahara KA. He looks pretty stretchy and I like his pedigree.

But so far no response to my email. sad.gif

I'll probably send another email and then try to call them. There's plenty of time. tongue.gif

Kathy
p.s. My mare isn't in foal yet, I just got the preliminary word yesterday that she's clean and should get the final word today, if she is clean then we'll go for it with MB Ibn Sehnab.

+Quote Post
MDK
post Jun 30 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2162

I will be breeding 2 mares to Ecaho in 2008....

I have 1 mare bred to him this year, is now waiting to scanne her in a few weeks - 3rd try untill now sad.gif .
I was going to breed 2 mares to Ecaho this year, but i gave up trying on one of them, send her to a stallion for natural covering and will try again in 2008.

+Quote Post
Gabe
post Jun 30 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4864

My mare Magdalena will be left open next year and my mare Asherah will be bred to one of three differnt stallions. lol Havent decided which yet but all three are good crosses for her. Depending on what she produces from this years breeding to my boy Rah she will possibly be bred back to him next year. The other is a very pretty very nice boy named Desert Shammar. He's is lousiana which is close. He's also an Abbeyan Sharrak so the resulting foal wiill be a pure in strain Abbeyan Sharrak. To my knowledge there is not a living pure in strain Abbeyan Sharrak in the US... though Carrie at honey creek has bred (or is breeding) her stallion Ibn Shallan to a mare (Black Dalia I believe) who is also an Abbeyan Sharrak. Fingers crossed for the resulting foal from that cross!
The other I have in mind is a beautiful colt Abraxas Pharoh. I have only seen in him photos as of yet but he looks promising. smile.gif
Gabe

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Jun 30 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

MDK who are you breeding to *Ecaho?

I have not decided for next year as it will greatly depend on who I have here, who I don't, and who foals successfully.

So I could certainly use the match making help!!!

Possibly BG Backflash could be available for breeding.
Back Street X BNB Natage by EW Natal. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Must be sure to improve the front legs and ear set.
Pardon the fat she had on in this photo, she had just returned from the vet to be bred.
Attached Image

Attached Image

SS Heiress could be available for breeding.
Amurath Baikal X Lainy Shahzana by Ansata Shah Zam. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Must be sure to have a lot of pretty and a good hip....though neither one of these are required, just something I like to keep in mind for this mare.
Attached Image

Last

Miranda El Besson could be available for breeding. I had thought about taking her to *Ecaho with my last breeding. *Besson Carol X *Mirrel Carol by *Ali Jamaal. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Must be sure to add substance, good legs, and would like to try to compact her a little - she is very stretchy!
Attached Image

+Quote Post
MDK
post Jul 1 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2162

Mckulley1:

I have bred Krystinah (Monogramm x Kryza/Enrilo)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/krystinah

And in 2008 the planne is to breed:
Emblem Lyrica (Protektor/Bomarc x Lödder/Alladdin)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/emblem+lyrica

MB Kadars Eklypsa (Padrons Kadar/Padron x Anyshia us/Muscat)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mb+kadars+eklypsa

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Jul 1 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

FANTASTIC CHOICES!!!!!

+Quote Post
fhl_stables
post Jul 1 2007, 03:17 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 3375

Next year is going to be SO exciting!

My Anaza will have her The Aposotolos foal and then will be bred to Ali Ajiba in 2008. My Maysa will be bred to El Gamill. Our other mare will most likely be bred to a cremello for a palomino or buckskin performance horse. My friend's horse is coming and she'll be bred to an Alada Baskin son she hopes.

So 2008 and 2009 will be quit busy!
~ Charity

+Quote Post
fhl_stables
post Jul 1 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Gabe @ Jun 30 2007, 07:43 PM)
My mare Magdalena will be left open next year and my mare Asherah will be bred to one of three differnt stallions. lol Havent decided which yet but all three are good crosses for her. Depending on what she produces from this years breeding to my boy Rah she will possibly be bred back to him next year. The other is a very pretty very nice boy named Desert Shammar. He's is lousiana which is close. He's also an Abbeyan Sharrak so the resulting foal wiill be a pure in strain Abbeyan Sharrak. To my knowledge there is not a living pure in strain Abbeyan Sharrak in the US... though Carrie at honey creek has bred (or is breeding) her stallion Ibn Shallan to a mare (Black Dalia I believe) who is also an Abbeyan Sharrak. Fingers crossed for the resulting foal from that cross!
The other I have in mind is a beautiful colt Abraxas Pharoh. I have only seen in him photos as of yet but he looks promising. smile.gif
Gabe

*blinks*

Hmmmmmm smile.gif

I say Abayyan Sharrak for next year but that's strictly for my own selfish reasons. LOL Hay you havent' sent me pics of Desert Shammar.. I'll shoot ya an email.

Hugs ~ Charity

+Quote Post
Gabe
post Jul 1 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4864

I'm leaning that way myself... Rah's not going anywhere so I have time to wait!
Sorry things have been CRAZY around here! I've got several nice ones of him. I'll send em ASAP!
Let me know what you think of him. I think he'll go wonderfully with Asherah. smile.gif
Gabe biggrin.gif
oh ps I want pic's of the Lost foal when he/she gets here! lol (she hopefully!)

+Quote Post
fhl_stables
post Jul 2 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Gabe @ Jul 1 2007, 03:27 PM)
I'm leaning that way myself... Rah's not going anywhere so I have time to wait!
Sorry things have been CRAZY around here! I've got several nice ones of him. I'll send em ASAP!
Let me know what you think of him. I think he'll go wonderfully with Asherah. smile.gif
Gabe biggrin.gif
oh ps I want pic's of the Lost foal when he/she gets here! lol (she hopefully!)

OH I'll be sharing those pics with EVERYONE!!! I'd definately say a SHE. wink.gif wink.gif

I got the pics and I think Desert might be a nice choice for Asherah. I think it's so awesome you have Rah b/c he's very special indeed.

Later! ~ Charity

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 06:38
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.