This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> License For Handlers, Released by ECAHO
Oliver
post Dec 28 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

On the way to more professionalism: Licenses for handlers

Executive Committee has approved a Show Commission proposal to implement a compulsory license to be held by our handlers, showing horses in B, A and Title Shows. The document will be the same throughout the handler’s career and will be in the form of pocket format passport to be presented to the Disciplinary Committee at each show. Handlers’ licenses will be issued by the ECAHO office, application to the Executive Secretary against a 10 € participation to the cost. The licenses will obligatory for B-, A and Title Shows from the May 1st 2008. DCs will also carry the same sort of license together with a distinctive badge, similar to that of FEI officials. DC licenses and badges will be issued by the ECAHO office, application to the Executive Secretary. This licensing system aims at promoting a more professional approach to our Arab horse shows and will be linked to an ECAHO database following the careers of our handlers, judges and DCs with more accuracy. All three are major actors with whom ECAHO hopes to develop still closer cooperation for the technical and ethical improvement in the conduct of our shows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heidip
post Dec 28 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1615

smile.gif I like this

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Dec 28 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I think this is great. So an abusive handler could lose his license—what an innovative thought ! I could think of a few that should lose a license if it was implemented in the US.

+Quote Post
Echo1
post Dec 28 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 394

Good deal.

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Dec 28 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 606

I do not, sorry don't agree. Whatever happened to individual responsibility? Both of the trainer and of the owners? The best government is the one where there are the least rules and the most emphasis on the individual.

+Quote Post
Carol Cooper-Hal...
post Dec 28 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2995

GREAT idea!! smile.gif
Cheers,
Carol

+Quote Post
Georgia
post Dec 28 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2334

QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Dec 28 2007, 09:26 AM)
I think this is great. So an abusive handler could lose his license—what an innovative thought ! I could think of a few that should lose a license if it was implemented in the US.

I know a few that should never receive a license in the first place, so we will see how it goes. ph34r.gif

What are the requirements of receiving a license?
Paying money is for a license, the only requirement?

In the racing industry it is stringent.
I was an owner trainer for 5 years in the Standardbred racing. Similar to Amateur
in showing.
Which meant I could train & race horses owned by me. With the fee paid for the license.
Once I decided to get a "trainers" licences, (to train others horses)
the following was required.
That I have the accepted signatures of 8 licenced trainers.
I had to take and pass a written and physical tests, (which I actually trained with a lic trainer).
to be evaluated on skill and safety.
It is very hard just to walk of the street and say I'm going to train race horses.
You have to start someplace else and work your way to it.

Will be interested in hearing more on this subject.

Georgia

+Quote Post
HLM
post Dec 28 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear Oliver

thank you kindly for this wonderful information. Its about time.

Now, if we could only get implemented that Judges can only judge performance classes, if they themselves are experienced and proven riders in the divisions they will judge. May be this already exists in Europe? May be this can eventually even be stretched over halter judges also, meaning they are exprienced riders.

Take care
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Dec 28 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Hi Georgia

You are correct, I hold a Florida race trainers licence since 1985..Made my test with a "100percent score". ha. Was even able to put on a spider bandage, which I never had to use..

In the judging system we have here and in Canada,as you might know, two divisions.
1) Big "R" Judge. Allowed to judge either A or B shows,depending
on qualifications. I dont know if this has changed.

2) Little "r" judge. Not allowed to judge shows, but is only an
assistant to the big "R" judge and takes notes. Can judge
unrecognized shows, I think

These are listed and recorded with the Canadian and American Show comittees.
I was told that one has to qualify as a big "R" judge. Liz Salmon might be able to tell us more..

I think it is wonderful if licences are issued. Exceptions of course are
amateur trainers/riders. Too many a one time winner hung out its shingles "I am now a qualified trainer". It will also now be easier to go after abusive trainers.
Or those taking in horses for training which have no chance at all, just to make the training fees.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
Anjuli Bai
post Dec 28 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1322

QUOTE (Oliver @ Dec 28 2007, 02:55 PM)
...ECAHO database following the careers of our handlers, judges and DCs with more accuracy.

WHO is interested in the "careers" of handlers???
ONLY the horses are important!

For me this is another try for the ECAHO to make money.
I believe NO handler will loose any licence.
It sounds more like an idea of these handlers: private competitions impossible.
The industry walks on.

Do you remember the ECAHO-starlist?
A lot of work, no profit for the ECAHO.
And really NO answer if you ask them abbout the list.

"The show is over, say goodbye."
Only my 2 cents.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
PGD
post Dec 28 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3102

If implemented correctly, I think this is a marvelous plan. Of course, it depends on whether the qualifications/responsibilities are strictly adhered to.

Liz K., I understand and appreciate your thoughts regarding personal responsibility - and I agree that such should definitely ALSO be innvolved; however, if you think of it, sending a horse off to a halter trainer is very much like sending a child off to school. Parents should still be ultimately responsible for their children, but just as school teachers are required to be appropriately trained and licensed, so should those who take our horses into their care and training be licensed. Such licensing would not keep anyone from their underlying personal responsibilities, but it would make it possible to sanction or eliminate handlers, in much the same way a poor or irresponsible school teacher may be sanctioned or eliminated. As it is now, when someone has a bad experience with a trainer (ie., abuse), the news usually eventually trickles out to the masses, but often not before MANY other people have unwittingly placed their horses in that trainer's care.

That said, any agency is only as good or as effective as the people who run it.

Best regards,

Nancy

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Dec 28 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #12

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Hansi—little 'r' judges can judge any class A show on their own. Big R judges can judge Regionals and Nationals provided they have passed the ethics test. They can also have trainee judges with them during judging of class A shows. I got my R status, but gave up my card in 2002, as I hated what was going on in the ring.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Dec 28 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

thanks Liz (Salmon) At my time little "r" judges in Canada were not allowed to judge recognized shows. they were allowed to be in the ring with a big "R" judge to record, and such records than examined.

when did this change? I still have some of the old International Year books where judges are listed with either big or little "r,R", and explanation thereof.
Please advise

thanks
hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
heidip
post Dec 28 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1615

hansi, you can find the aha judges info on the aha site
https://secure.arabianhorses.org/perl/AHA/j....cgi?func=start

+Quote Post
KHA`LILAH
post Dec 30 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9708

Ecaho COMPULSORY license.
This is just my opinion but is it possible that this could be a very important movement.
Is this for handlers and exhibitors (ridden)?
Compulsory License for handlers. Question Why?
Linked to an ECAHO database following the careers of handlers/exhibitors seems practical but, What is this license for?
The ECAHO commission will have produce an official mandate laying out the proposition of this Compulsory Licence. What does it propose?
Is it that it looks nice if every one has the same team member badge on?
Is it so we can recognised that the handler when not on the other end of a rope?
Or is it that the person wearing this badge is recognised as an ECAHO exhibitor?
For me one or two seem a little string like …..
But the implication of three!!!! Does anyone have the mandate set out by the Ecaho commission?
“So CAN an abusive handle lose his licence”?
I’m not jumping yet. Is this situation taking the puppet here, for a ride? Or is this a genuine move by the Ecaho commission to recognise the responsibility they do, and will have regarding the handles/ exhibitors, enforced under the licensing. That could create great changes, and free Judges from the one to one personal responsibility of reprimanding exhibitors!
Honourable Judges may stay in the ring, as the rules have to be recognised. Nothing personal!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 02:08
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.