This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Montebello Mare And Foal, Who are they?
jgardner
post Jan 12 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4356

I'm wondering if anyone can identify this mare and foal. All I know is that they were from Montabello and that the photo would have been given to me before 1991.

I've always wondered who they were...

Jennifer

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bandit
post Jan 12 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4114

Its situations like this when the internet is such a great tool to have.

I sure hope you can get an answer to who they are jgardner. My curiousity is peaked now as well.

+Quote Post
jgardner
post Jan 13 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #3

After posting my question I decided to play around on datasource to see what I could find. I may have figured out who the horses are...I'm basing this on their markings and the approximate year that I'm guessing the foal was born.

So, I THINK the mare may be

AL SACHRA MASHUGA - AHR*352545
(Morhaf x Maleha)

and her foal may be

MB SACHARA - AHR*463409
born 1990; by Norus

Does this make sense to anyone?

It looks like MB Sachara never left Montebello's ownership but the mare was registered to Taranto Arabians in 2007.

+Quote Post
curtislt
post Jan 13 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5867

I think you're on the right path. I thought your picture was, MB Mashiela, dam of my mare when I first saw it. But, upon comparing to MB Mashiela's picture below, I saw the star is different. Your mare doesn't appear to have any socks, either. If you're correct, your picture would be MB Mashiela's dam.

Curt
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Rising Phoenix
post Jan 13 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 9409

Hello Jgardener,
I would really be curious to know if it is Al Sachra Mashuga, if so my mother owns her SE Great grandson, POV SI Alitaz, he is a bay SE stallion & has been a superb sire for her, with two Blk SE foals.
His oldest foal a filly ( POV Mahroussa) has only been shown twice & has a Class A reserve Sporthorse Championship recieved before she was a yearling against mature mares (a large class), plus a Class A halter blue ribbon. His other foal a 2007 blk colt ( full sibling to filly) reg. is pending, my mother was torn about his name rolleyes.gif he has such a babydoll head.
Please keep us posted as to who she is. Thank You, Lisa Piispanen @ Rising Phoenix & Pat @ Point-O-View

+Quote Post
jgardner
post Jan 13 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Al Sachra Mashuga was previously owned by Stonebridge in Ontario (1986), Canadian Arabians Ltd in Ontario (1998) and Dreamweaver Horse Academy LLC in New Jersey (2006). As mentioned she's currently owned by Taranto Arabian USA also in New Jersey.

Her breeder is listed as AL SACHRA BRIGITTENHOF-SIEGFRIED AND BRIGITTE KUBE in Germany.

If anyone knows one of her current or former owners it would be interesting to see if they could identify this horse as her.

Al Sachra Mashuga and MB Sachara are still my best guess.

Thanks for posting the photo of MB Mashiela. You can certainly see a similarity between the two mares. I'd love to see a photo of POV SI Alitaz if you have one as well.

Thanks for helping me solve this puzzle.

Jennifer

+Quote Post
Abbasiyah
post Jan 13 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (jgardner @ Jan 13 2008, 05:23 PM)
Al Sachra Mashuga was previously owned by Stonebridge in Ontario (1986), Canadian Arabians Ltd in Ontario (1998)  and Dreamweaver Horse Academy LLC in New Jersey (2006). As mentioned she's currently owned by Taranto Arabian USA also in New Jersey.

Her breeder is listed as AL SACHRA BRIGITTENHOF-SIEGFRIED AND BRIGITTE KUBE in Germany.

If anyone knows one of her current or former owners it would be interesting to see if they could identify this horse as her.

Al Sachra Mashuga and MB Sachara are still my best guess.

Thanks for posting the photo of MB Mashiela. You can certainly see a similarity between the two mares. I'd love to see a photo of POV SI Alitaz if you have one as well.

Thanks for helping me solve this puzzle.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer smile.gif

This looks like MB Satia who I just happened to meet a week ago here in Texas. The markings are the same and if this mare does not have white on her legs (hard to tell in the photo) then she could quite possibly be MB Satia who is by Imperial Saturn.

Best,

Judi

+Quote Post
jgardner
post Jan 13 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #8

Hi Judi,

I looked up MB Satia and I don't think it can be her. I received this photo sometime before 1991 - probably in 1989 or 1990 I figure. MB Satia was born in 1996.

Interestingly, MB Satia is a daughter of Al Sachra Mashuga so perhaps that explains the similarity.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:33
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.