This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Day Out For Two Asil Stallions, Two very different boys.
Jenny Lees
post Apr 13 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3389

gbfahne.gif I was invited to take two of my stallions to a "Stallion Parade" here in England and chose to take Asil SE Goudah and Asil Bahraini Shuwaiman Al Bahrain two very different stallions in type but both Asil.

It was an educational day for me. Those interested in ridden Arabians were bowled over by Shuwaiman Al Bahrain and wanted to know all about him whilst those surrounding Goudah and swooning were predominantly showing enthusiasts. I am quite sure if I'd owned Goudah from a very early age he would have been perfectly capable of achieving the same Advanced Endurance Status as Shuwaiman Al Bahrain but as he didn't get to me until he was 11 years old I felt it was a bit late to launch him into the Endurance world. Shuwaiman Al Bahrain is 40 mile fit in this photo and we hope to do a 75 mile race ride with him this summer.

Now I just wonder what is going to happen when these two lots of Asil bloods get together.......will I get a horse that wins shows at the front end and covers hundreds of miles at the back laugh.gif laugh.gif I have covered Shuwaiman Al Bahrains dam with Goudah....I'll let you know what happens. huh.gif huh.gif

Joking apart the two stallions were a credit to both Egyptian and Bahraini breeding as they stood together in the spring sunshine waiting to be called forward for the parade. Their superb gentlmenly behaviour also drew many compliments. I took some photos....we had a super day.
Jenny
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Apr 13 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Jenny Lees @ Apr 13 2008, 05:37 AM)
gbfahne.gif  I was invited to take two of my stallions to a "Stallion Parade" here in England and chose to take Asil SE Goudah and Asil Bahraini Shuwaiman Al Bahrain two very different stallions in type but both Asil.

It was an educational day for me. Those interested in ridden Arabians were bowled over by Shuwaiman Al Bahrain and wanted to know all about him whilst those surrounding Goudah  and swooning were predominantly showing enthusiasts. I am quite sure if I'd owned Goudah from a very early age he would have been perfectly capable of achieving the same Advanced Endurance Status as Shuwaiman Al Bahrain  but as he didn't get to me until he was 11 years old I felt it was a bit late to launch him into the Endurance world. Shuwaiman Al Bahrain is 40 mile fit in this photo and we hope to do a 75 mile race ride with him this summer.

Now I just wonder what is going to happen when these two lots of Asil bloods get together.......will I get a horse that wins shows at the front end and covers hundreds of miles at the back laugh.gif  laugh.gif  I have covered Shuwaiman Al Bahrains dam with Goudah....I'll let you know what happens. huh.gif  huh.gif

Joking apart the two stallions were a credit to both Egyptian and Bahraini breeding as they stood together in the spring sunshine waiting to be called forward for the parade. Their superb gentlmenly behaviour also  drew many compliments. I took some photos....we had a super day.
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Isn't 11 y old still quite young for an Arabian. Go and do it!
Show the world what he can do.

Christine

+Quote Post
fhl_stables
post Apr 13 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3375

I'm partial to greys and he is PURTY !!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_USAMAH ALKAZEMI_*
post Apr 13 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Guests

JENNY YOU MUST BE VERY PROUD OF YOUR TWO STALLIONS,THEY HAVE VERY GOOD CONFORMATION AND BUILT THAT CAN ACHIEVE ALL WHAT THEY ARE BREED FOR biggrin.gif AS WELL THEY LOOK SO MUCH SIMILAR cool.gif
MUST REMARK THAT YOU REALLY TAKE A SUPER CARE OF YOUR BOYS wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jenny Lees
post Apr 13 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

gbfahne.gif Hello Christine...sadly Goudah is now 12 years old and to do top flight endurance you need to start at around 6 years nice and slowly and build up until you can get them up to doing 100miles usually not before the age of 9 or 10 years. Goudah had quite a strenuous early life as a dancing stallion so it would not be fair to ask so much of him now. He is regularly ridden, shows off in his paddock and has a harem of ladies rolleyes.gif waiting now that it is Spring again..... I just feel that this is enough for the boy. He is such a sweet horse and deserves a slower pace of life.
Jenny

+Quote Post
Jenny Lees
post Apr 13 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (fhl_stables @ Apr 13 2008, 05:06 PM)
I'm partial to greys and he is PURTY !!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

gbfahne.gif Hi I am partial to bays but Goudah is my exception he is real "eye candy"!
Jenny.

+Quote Post
Jenny Lees
post Apr 13 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

gbfahne.gif Good Evening Usamah,
Thank you for your kind words. I have to say when I was shown my first Bahraini stallion it was his conformation that knocked me off my feet blink.gif blink.gif Then I was given a leg up and taken out into the desert for a ride 'bare back'...! I had never ridden a stallion in my life before ohmy.gif ohmy.gif But I was told just sit back relax and you will be fine and to this day I have never forgotten that ride it was like being carried on a cloud rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif I was seventeen and I fell completely in love..... I can appreciate the beauty in many different types of Arabian horses but for me there can only be my first true love.

Thank you for the compliments about the care of my stallions this too is a labour of love. Before we went to the Stallion Parade I was in my old clothes with a hose pipe and shampoo and I think there was more soap and water on me than on the horses. I always want them to be perfect so I do them myself with my daughter in laws help and pray that no important visitors turn up unexpectedly biggrin.gif If Goudahs owner knocked my door I would have to hide behind the wall wink.gif

Thank you again for your kind words.
Jenny.

+Quote Post
rhoni
post Apr 13 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1347

Hello Jenny,
While I can absolutely understand why the ridden Arab afficionados were swarming around Shuwaiman, I can't for the life of me understand why they weren't also swarming around Goudah!! That's a riding horse if ever I saw one biggrin.gif - lovely boy! So nice that he is happy with you.

+Quote Post
fhl_stables
post Apr 13 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 3375

Goudah is definately eye candy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mr Prospector
post Apr 13 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4001

Dear Jenni

Both your stallions are very beautiful horses. I can see why Shuwaiman would get alot of interest as a riding horse, he just has that build that a true horseman would want to swing a leg over. However, with Goudah, what I see first of all is that hindquarter and for me everything stops there. He could be as ugly as sin, and I would still want to ride him. lol. Luckily he is beautiful as well. I am just blown away by both of them.

They are both very different stallions and yet, you would never think either was not Arabian. The pedants among us understand about Asil, but most people just think Arabian and both epitomise their breed.

Congratulations on them.
cheers
Karen

+Quote Post
Zahra Bint Kraya...
post Apr 14 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 2761

gutted i couldn't make it, they are looking wonderful, as they usually do biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Do you have any more pics you can share with us.

Hey Jenny, i've been watching Zaqrah's belly, i think she has a dancing horse in there, as her belly has been BOUNCING laugh.gif
Nikkix

+Quote Post
Jenny Lees
post Apr 14 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

gbfahne.gif Well Nikki as soon as it dances out let me know biggrin.gif then I can give Goudah a celebratory bag of Dates rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif He is such a clever boy four ladies to cover and all four straight into foal on the first service blink.gif blink.gif
dangerous sort of boyfriend to have laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jenny

+Quote Post
Guest_USAMAH ALKAZEMI_*
post Apr 14 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (Jenny Lees @ Apr 14 2008, 06:06 PM)
gbfahne.gif  Well Nikki as soon as it dances out let me know  biggrin.gif  then I can give Goudah a celebratory bag of Dates rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  He is such a clever boy four ladies to cover and all four straight into foal on the first service blink.gif  blink.gif
dangerous sort of boyfriend to have  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Jenny

THANK YOU JENNY,YOU MADE ME LAUGH ON THAT MY WIFE DECIDED I SHOULD DO LIKE YOU,WASH THE.................HOUSE BACK YARD INSTEAD laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Marilee
post Apr 14 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #14

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4377

I love this education. That is what I used to do with my 2 stallions too. Was this an all breed parade? We got so many converted people when we took ours out to the public as you are doing. Could you send them both here to the Vegas show this week for a couple days so they could see 2 REAL horses (masculine, full bodied, correct, with type, and excellent in behavior) who don't need fake equipment to stand still or to move out?

They both look spectacular.......happy in face, and superb in body.

+Quote Post
T M Banks
post Apr 15 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13493

I do like the depth of flank and strong sculptured hocks on the Bahreini stallion. The Egyptian stallion is also magnificent.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 02:16
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.