This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Bought A New Horse, Potato chips theory :D
smokygirl
post Apr 16 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11712

I swore i would not buy any more horses that were not arabian mares that I felt would compliment Matiz. Absolutely insisted i would not. I apparently have no self control biggrin.gif

I purchased an in utero foal (and possibly two or three).

But if they are girls.. I will be able to breed them to Matiz eventually.

The one I have for sure purchased is going to be grey (sire is homozygous) by Zla Korazon x Zla Caricia Seda. Straight Spanish lines. I am so excited to add some of the lines of the Szed breeding program to my herd, especially through Szed Hermosa. I have admired her trot (so floaty and powerful at the same time) for a few years. Zla Korazon is Sasaki x Washoe De Makkora. WD Makkora is a full sister to Sample, Example, Choyce, Chozen, and Qualified (all 6 by Barich De Washoe). Example is the dam of El Perfecto, Qualified is a broodmare in Europe (i think Germany), Choyce was a foundation mare for Herder Arabians, and Chozen is one of Ok Arabias mares (owners of Granizar, Zaon, Sasaki, and the late La Saguro). I'm still tracking down info on Sample. Caricia Seda is a chestnut Kar Pepet x Szed hermosa (Szed Payaso) daughter. I expect a Sh type foal. I would love a filly, but I wouldn't mind a colt either. either way, I expect a nice foal.

The other two I am looking into are Zla Korazon x Asia HA (Cimero d/ Aram gd). Asia and Kory's oldest is a colt in Australia, and there daughter is now residing at a new farm in the U.S. to grow up a little (she's a yearling) before being shown and then becoming her owner's foundation mare. I really am hoping for a filly in this one.
And last but not least is Zla Gaetan x RV Marissa. Zla Gaetan is a rare Respingo (Zangano) son out of the aforementioned Szed Hermosa. Really great SH type. Respingo has had few foals but of the two of showing age are Rosalind B (champion cutting horse) and Adal Zurita, SH extrodinaire. Both are also proven producers. RV Marissa is by Kar Pepet and out of a mare of Pepete and An Malik lines. RV Marissa has 2x to Pepete and Zla Gaetan has 1.. so the foal will be triple Pepete.

All will be 2009 foals. Now I am freezing my check book and credit cards. This is becoming a compulsion (or sickness) and if I purchase more, I fear family and friends will stage an intervention!! I may need to go into hiding ph34r.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr Prospector
post Apr 17 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4001

You can always post me you r credit card, I would look after it really well for you. biggrin.gif

Your babies sound so really wonderful, I hope they work out for you.
congratulations

Karen

+Quote Post
smokygirl
post Apr 17 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11712

QUOTE (Mr Prospector @ Apr 17 2008, 01:11 AM)
You can always post me  you r credit card, I would look after it really well for you. biggrin.gif

Your babies sound so really wonderful, I hope they work out for you.
congratulations

Karen

I'm sure you could.. lol.. Somehow, I think the freezer is safe enough (besides it will still be accesible if I ever find a tf rodania Camargue daughter.. lol.. okay, my limit probably isn't high enough for that anyway, but one can dream biggrin.gif).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 13:05
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.