This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arabian Visions, Information needed
Imke79
post May 20 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5351

Can anyone tell me when this magazine has been published?

Thank you... biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ladypurr
post May 20 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 118

Dear Imke,

I'm not sure the exact year that publishing commenced for Arabian Visions, but I do know that it was published throughout the 1980's and into the early 1990's. It was a superb magazine unlike anything that is available today.

Fortunately, I was able to obtain many back issues before Robert Cadranell, the most recent editor and publisher, stopped publishing the magazine. If you have an opportunity to obtain back issues, you should get them.

Occasionally they are available on e-Bay.

Good luck!

Susan wink.gif

+Quote Post
Imke79
post May 20 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Thank you very much for your reply, Susan!
I am still trying to get some issues but it seems like no one wants to sell them biggrin.gif

It would be interesting though to get an exact publication date.
Could you have a look at your issues and see if there are any volumes given?

Best wishes,

Imke

P. S.:
I found an online magazine database which gives 1983 as the year of the first publication and 1996 as the year of the last volume. Is this right??

This post has been edited by Imke79: May 20 2008, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
jillerisman
post May 20 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4689

Imke
P. S.:
I found an online magazine database which gives 1983 as the year of the first publication and 1996 as the year of the last volume. Is this right??

[/quote]

Imke,

These dates sound right to me.

Jill

+Quote Post
Ladypurr
post May 20 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Imke:

If ever I decide to sell them (I'm actually going to be selling several sought-after books), I will let you know so that you can bid on them. I'll probably offer the books on e-Bay.

I have a brand new copy of Asil Arabians IV that I am going to sell. I also have an excellent book written by Karen Obenland regarding showing Arabians. This one you can't find, period!

--Susan wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ladypurr
post May 20 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Imke:

There are currently five (5) issues of Arabian Visions being offered on e-Bay for a "buy it now" price of only $19.95.

If you're interested, you better go there and bid right now before someone else buys them first.

Here's the direct link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ARABIAN-VISIONS-horse-...Q2em118Q2el1247

-Susan wink.gif

+Quote Post
Imke79
post May 21 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Ladypurr @ May 20 2008, 07:47 PM)
Dear Imke:

If ever I decide to sell them (I'm actually going to be selling several sought-after books), I will let you know so that you can bid on them.  I'll probably offer the books on e-Bay.

--Susan wink.gif

QUOTE (Ladypurr @ May 20 2008, 10:48 PM)
Dear Imke:

There are currently five (5) issues of Arabian Visions being offered on e-Bay for a "buy it now" price of only $19.95.
If you're interested, you better go there and bid right now before someone else buys them first.

Dear Susan,

if you ever decide to sell them I'll be the first who's interested! Unfortunately the other ones have been sold in the meantime - that's bad luck!!! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

*imke

+Quote Post
FaancyME
post May 21 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12228

I have some old magazines, will see what months/years I could part with.....

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post May 21 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

Hi all,
We have a fairly extensive collection of Visions, it was truly a wonderful magazine and I couldn't wait for each issue to arrive to see what R.J. Cadranell had found and was publishing. I had these out during the winter, searching for the excellent article on *Simeon Shai, perhaps the most thorough one ever written. During the search, I spent a lot of time reading the other issues and boy were they great.
Good luck with your search for these old copies, they are well worth the expense. There is nothing being published at this time that can come up to the editorial knees of Visions.
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
Imke79
post May 21 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (FaancyME @ May 21 2008, 10:34 PM)
I have some old magazines, will see what months/years I could part with.....

Yes, pleeeaaaase... biggrin.gif

@ Pam: Have you also got the article on Tuhotmos (I guess it was published in the April issue of 1992). I am desperatly searching for a copy or a scan of it!!!

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post May 22 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

Dear Imke,
I will be at our farm this weekend where the magazines are stored. Also my daughter Jill will be there, so we will have a little search.
Also I feel sure Caryn Rogosky would have that article and I can check with her for you.
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
FaancyME
post May 22 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 12228

QUOTE (Imke79 @ May 22 2008, 12:11 AM)
Yes, pleeeaaaase...  biggrin.gif

@ Pam: Have you also got the article on Tuhotmos (I guess it was published in the April issue of 1992). I am desperatly searching for a copy or a scan of it!!!

Sorry to get you excited, but I wasn't able to find any Arabian Visions in the boxes of old mags I have. I did find though The Arabian Horse Express (is more like a newspaper than a magazine) and a mag called Arabians.

Are you looking for certain topic in the issues, like eqypitan or a particular horse, , or only specifically Arabain Visions?

+Quote Post
Imke79
post May 22 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (FaancyME @ May 22 2008, 05:36 AM)
Sorry to get you excited, but I wasn't able to find any Arabian Visions in the boxes of old mags I have.  I did find though The Arabian Horse Express (is more like a newspaper than a magazine) and a mag called Arabians.

Are you looking for certain topic in the issues, like eqypitan or a particular horse, , or only specifically Arabain Visions?

Nevertheless that's good news! wink.gif
I am also very interested in "Arabians" and I do have a few "Arabian Horse Express" copies aswell.

I am especially interested in Egyptian issues or features - so if you find anything about Egyptian Arabian horse breeding, farms or particular SE horses, I'd love to get these mags!

Thank you so much!

*imke

+Quote Post
Imke79
post May 22 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Seglavi @ May 22 2008, 02:20 AM)
Dear Imke,
I will be at our  farm this weekend where the magazines are stored. Also my daughter Jill will be there, so we will have a little search.
Also I feel sure Caryn Rogosky would have that article and I can check with her for you.
Pam Studebaker

Pam, that's great! Thank you so much!
It is nearly impossible to get these mags here in Germany so I am really looking forward to the result of your search!!

Have a nice day,

*imke

+Quote Post
DJS
post May 22 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2313

Imke

I have in my hand right now the April 1992 issue of Arabian Visions. I can scan the *Tuhotmos articles and e-mail them to you. Will that work?

DJ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 03:44
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.