This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Middle East Championships, invitation to all arabian horse lovers
An American Bree...
post Jul 7 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #16

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 606

Oh Carol !!! How Wonderful! Please, photos and photos and photos from everywhere! It will be like watching over your shoulder and seeing along with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Jul 8 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #17

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 913

Oh my gosh Liz - you can count on it... I will bring my video camera as well..

Thanks,

Carol

QUOTE (An American Breeder @ Jul 7 2008, 06:29 PM)
Oh Carol !!!  How Wonderful!  Please, photos and photos and photos from everywhere!  It will be like watching over your shoulder and seeing along with you.

+Quote Post
Zajaddi
post Jul 8 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 1737

Attached Image

Hey Carol -
That was so generous of Princess Alia to extend an invitation and I'm so glad Reilly supported you on this trip. If the chance presents itself, I certainly will video you riding a camel and I'll make up a new song just for you!! ha ha
It will be a very fun time and I guess I'd better go ahead and ask Duane for a new padded camera bag for the trip for my birthday. I need one that will tote all the gear - all those BIG lenses!!

D

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Jul 8 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #19

Gold Member
Group Icon

Ah ha! So the secret is out - when is your Big day? We will have to celebrate in style. I am still so excited and now Reilly has me planning on what to do on this trip. We are planning all the exciting things to do (or that I am supposed to do). You know Di, if you and Liz were not going - I don't think I'd be able to go either so thanks for that. I had so wanted to go with Marilyn Lang to Egypt last year and couldn't make it. I never would have dreamed that I'd have another chance to go to the ME so soon!

Carol

QUOTE (Zajaddi @ Jul 7 2008, 09:27 PM)

Attached Image

Hey Carol -
That was so generous of Princess Alia to extend an invitation and I'm so glad Reilly supported you on this trip.  If the chance presents itself, I certainly will video you riding a camel and I'll make up a new song just for you!!  ha ha
It will be a very fun time and I guess I'd better go ahead and ask Duane for a new padded camera bag for the trip for my birthday.  I need one that will tote all the gear - all those BIG lenses!! 

D

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jul 8 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #20

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Phil has never forgiven me for putting him on camel for 2 hours riding round the Pyramids in Egypt !! I had fun and got mine into a trot going up the sand dunes, because our guide let me off the lead !! They have a rocking motion at the walk which is why they are called ships of the desert.

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Jul 8 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #21

Gold Member
Group Icon

Liz,

I am working on my "Bucket List" - meaning all the things that I'd like to do before I "kick the bucket". And riding a camel in the ME is absolutely on my list. I love camels - they are very kissable. Reilly would love to have a few camel's but I think we might need some better fence. Can you imagine breeding a camel and having an new little baby camel... Now that would be really neat.

Carol

+Quote Post
Zajaddi
post Jul 8 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1737

Hey Carol,

If Liz hadn't been so generous to extend an offer to accompany her, I don't think I'd be going either! Thanks Liz!

AU and NZ are on my future travel agenda as is Scotland. I think, if it is affordable, the family will go on those trips. The kids are very excited about travelling abroad. They are much more "travelled" than most kids around here. We've got a trip to NYC planned for them this summer where they will see ballgames in Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium. This is the last year for those stadiums as new ones are being built. Sad end to those historic stadiums! They love NYC and the culture there. Maybe Zach will find an opportunity to work on Wallstreet or for one of the big Financial companies there after he graduates.

Let's see - July 16 is the big day. Looks like plans are underway for a nice famiy dinner at one of our local Cajun Restaurants.

Liz - what kind of foods did you eat while in Jordan?

D

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jul 8 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #23

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Carol, I don't think that you would want to kiss a camel as they spit !!

As for food, it was all great, chicken and lamb kababs, rice, great salads, tabouleh (a salad of parsley, cracked wheat and tomatoes) humous (chickpeas), meat and vegetable stews, and the desserts were wonderful, I'm adventurous abroad, so I like to try most things. I suggest that you each buy The Lonely Planet Guide to Jordan, it gives a lot of information and with photos too.

+Quote Post
aliaalhussein
post Jul 8 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #24

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 21

Carol, thats great, please thank your husband for me, and I hope all goes well and all of you have a lovely time! All the best,Alia

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Jul 8 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #25

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 606

Since several of us are living this adventure/trip through your eyes, so to speak, what are those desserts like? Describe those dishes, please. As for one who loves to make stews, there too! Ummmm sounds good already!

+Quote Post
A. Halim
post Jul 13 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 7059

My dear friends ,

im sorry i didnt get back to u on the forum thou i started the topic but i 've had some hectic days and got stuck for the past weeks... but as i saw princess alia as usuall was supporting and welcoming all of you... my dear princess we r all proud of ur hospetality, effort and persistency to come up with a great show for every one. we r all waiting 15th of october cos im sure this years's show will be better than last year's impressive show smile.gif and by the way the royal stables has been blessed this year with some gorgeous -mashallah- new borns sired by monarcos. most of the other horses look great and getting ready to compete ferociously for the titles and i wish the best will win.

regards,
halim

+Quote Post
Lydia
post Oct 18 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #27

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2114

Does anyone have the results of the Middle East Championships?

Best regards,
Lidia

+Quote Post
morafic al lahab
post Oct 19 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #28

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 5494

I will leave the pleasure of posting the results of The Middle East Championships to Carol & Liz smile.gif Would just let you know that we have interesting winners this year...

Stay tuned and take care...

Cheers
Ehab

+Quote Post
Lydia
post Oct 19 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #29

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2114

Thanks, Ehab! smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 05:32
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.