This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Time For Israel, Race Horses traveling to USA
deby
post Jun 25 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3168

I know this post is a bit of "Sunshine and Butterflies" from someone in the younger generation, but nevertheless I would love to share our greatest achievment to date in Arabian racing in Israel!
In the next few weeks, myself and my boyfriend will be traveling to Delaware Park race track to race 3 of our racehorses! 2 are SEs and the third is undecided still but between 2 SEs and 1 SE sired. All are sired by our own Bariq Al Amal.
This is the first time in Israel that horses are traveling to the US for racing, ever! And we hope this to be a great learning experience as well as our horses competing well. Here in Israel they are the best, but now we will be moving from a "small pond" to a "big sea" and can not wait! Having never been done, we don't know what to expect, but the great people at Delaware Park have offered us help every step along the way and we hope it will be an easy transition.
Deby
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
An American Bree...
post Jun 25 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 606

There are several of us here in the US that are waiting and going to be watching for them as well! Good Luck

For those who haven't studied the pedigree of their main racing sire he is Ibn El Mareekh on the top (I think an American bred SE) and out of an Akhtal granddaughter, correct?

Who are the two SE's you are bringing? Stallions? Mares?

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 25 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear Deby

I salute you for your courage. Were you able to find accomodation as I advised you?
Can you give us the names of these horses, so that we can follow up and cheer all we can?

Dellaware is no slouch Deby,you will find top competition, but if those SEs are good they might give it a run for their money, eh.

Good luck
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
JMO
post Jun 25 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2658

May I extend my very good wishes as well for a safe trip and I wish you Good Luck. smile.gif You are already a winner just by stepping into the big pond. wink.gif
Please tell us more about your horses and also share with us some more wonderful photos depicting the SE at something they do so well.

+Quote Post
morabene
post Jun 25 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2579

Fantastic, who are you bringing?

Martha

+Quote Post
phanilah
post Jun 25 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 201

Congrats and good luck! DE Park has great competition. I remember back in the 1990's when a group of Russian horseman and their race horses came over - they did quite well....I wish you the same result! smile.gif

Make sure to let us know race dates...and keep us posted.

Beth

+Quote Post
Rik Augustin
post Jun 25 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3881

Deby,

I have a lot of El Mareekh blood, and I owned, until his passing last November at age 26, the El Mareekh son Arrow Mahareekh. So, I am extra happy that you will be bringing some of your SE runners to the US. The very best of luck with all of them. We need more Egyptians racing, and maybe your horses will prompt other Egyptian breeders to race their SE and Egyptian related horses in the US.

I have attached a few photos of my prized Mahareekh son Starmareekh, who I think has an Alaa El Din look and the rare dark chocolate color. Starmareekh is out of a daughter of the multi stakes and 4 time Darley Award winning racehorse Charlie Valentine. The pictures were taken by Martha White who I had the pleasure of meeting recently when she visited my farm in California. Martha (aka: morabene on SE.com) races her Egyptian Arabians in Texas and has some beautiful SE athletes. We had a great day talking bloodlines and horses and also visited with Dennis Founrnier and saw his beautiful alabaster Ibn Al Adeed.

Rik

Starmareekh (Arrow Mahareekh x Charlot Valentine)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
SKM
post Jun 25 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4984

Wishing you great fun and success in this Great Adventure. I seem to remember reading in the latest issue of The Arabian Magazine that Bariq Al Amal won the 2007 WAHO Trophy in Israel, being a very successful show horse, showjumper and then racehorse as well as sire of winners? Have you any photos we can see of him jumping?

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Jun 25 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

Fantastic news!

I hope the AHW, AHT, and Modern Arab feature an article on you!

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jun 25 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Amazing folks, eh, that SEs have to come from tenthousand miles away to here to show the world what SEs under saddle can do.
I truly hope it will put some of the halter producer getting a red face or may be to shame.

Good luck Deby, we all are at your side.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serneity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
deby
post Jun 26 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #11

Sorry- double post!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
deby
post Jun 26 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #12

]We here are at Braz Arabians can not thank everyone enough for the well wishes! We are really nervous and the support means a lot!

Hansi- Thanks for you help, I was actually too shy to call Bill! We are working with Bobbie McAlister who seems like a great woman! So far we are definatly bringing Bariq Junior (SE Sired) and Bariq Al Mubayaan (SE) and we are trying to decide between Balance (SE) Barakat Adi (SE) and Bariq Shakir (SE sired) for the third spot. I know your not too close to DE but if you happen to come up that way I would love to be able to meet you!

Amanda- We would love that too! We are so proud of our race horses. Chen and Tziah have already brought the public eye to Israel for the great breeding program here (Which by the way, Bariq Al Amal was bred by Ariela Arabians) and since they have become the "embassadors" for the breeding, we would love to for the racing!

SKM- Its so funny you mention Bariq jumping, we decided yesterday when we come back we will see if he still loves it as much as before since we have a friendly on-farm competition going about show jumping! Another stallion Mawardi, has been being trained dressage and jumping, so now Alik (my boyfriend and Bariq's owner) has decided if Mawardi starts to show, Bariq needs to as well to show him how it is done! We actually do not have any pictures of him jumping, but he was showing 1.20 M and was jumping 1.40 here at the farm. He is also a unique horse bc of his jumping style, his trainer actually needed to stop him in front of the fences continually because of how excited he always got! Bariq never once refused a fence, EVER! Then late in life, (age 6) he began training for racing. He was easily the best racehorse here in Israel, and went to Holland and competed successfully. Now, as a breeding stallion, he has an 80% race winner production rate!

Rik, Thank you for sharing your information about your horse! Do you race your boy? And its funny you mention Martha, I email with her often and find her to be a wealth of knowledge as well as a great penpal!!!!

Beth, we will definatly keep everyone posted and I hope we can do as well as they did!!!

Martha, I am emailing you now! I just tried your mom again, I want her to come visit!!!

Jmo- I will attach some photos, Thank you for the support!

An American Breeder- So far we have 2 stallions definatly coming then we are left to decide between 1 colt, 1 stallion and 1 filly. We have good reasons for bringing and not bringing each of those three, so we have to weigh our options and decide by the end of the week! Thank you for your support!!!!!

Attached are some random photos I just found on the computer, The first was taken by my great friend Shira Yeger and is of a Bariq grand daughter, Barakat Laheeb and she is showing off! The third picture is also of her after a workout outside with me riding her and my saluki close by!
The second picture is Bariq Junior, who is coming with us to DE !
The 4th picture is taken by my friend Deb while she was riding the stallion Mawardi out in the dunes, she also took the picture of me on Barakat Laheeb.
The last picture is of Barakat Ibrahim, a daughter of Bariq Al Amal and a very succesful racehorse herself!

+Quote Post
ck
post Jun 26 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 210

Congratulations Deby, Alik and Braz Arabians on this great accomplishment! All of us here, want to wish you both the best of luck for this "ones in a lifetime" journey. We really appreciate all your hard work to support the Arabian horse inside and outside of Israel. We are proud to be your friends!
Have a great trip and try to take a bit of free time to enjoy yourself! You both deserve it!

Chen, and all your friends here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
morabene
post Jun 26 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2579

Hi, Deby

I hope you can bring Balance. I really like him from the photos. Let me know what the dates are of when you will be in Del. I'm hoping and praying for some cheap plane tickets for me and the camera. I hope you got a hold of my mother while she is over there.

Hi Rik

I had a great time visiting and seeing the horses. Starmar is just lovely. He should have been on the track. His color is truely rare now adays. And Ibn al Adeed was a delight to see. I wish I had all those hills for my horses to run on, they'd be muscle men and women for the race track and showring.

Martha

+Quote Post
phanilah
post Jun 26 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #15

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 201

Beth, we will definatly keep everyone posted and I hope we can do as well as they did!!!

I'll be keeping an eye out. smile.gif

I think you'll really like DE Park...historically the track staff and the horsemen there have been very accommodating to foreign horses and trainers. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country now, otherwise I would be there in person to cheer you on.

Good luck!

Beth

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 04:00
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.