This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photo's Of Se Dark Liver Chestnut's With Flaxen, Any SE"s with this coat color?
hayspetnut
post Dec 10 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 7292

crfarm - I have a 3 year old filly out of the same sire. We love her and she's a carbon copy of her sire - which I believe is still for sale. Here's the most recent photo that I have of him.

Kathy
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shakti
post Dec 10 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 4983

Our stallion was a light chestnut with flaxen as a yearling, and is progressively getting darker with age. THe last photos Ive posted are from last summer, and he is darker now (he turned 4 this year). I will have new photos of him this spring.

His coloring comes from 27 Ibn Galal V through Simeon Safanad as well, as most the horses in his pedigree are grey.

As a yearling:
Attached Image

And as a 2 & 3 yr old:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
jillerisman
post Dec 10 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 4689

QUOTE (BaileyArabians @ Dec 10 2008, 04:04 PM)
If this is the mare we saw at David's she's another lovely typy mare with a nice full body. Very beautiful in person.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Illa Bint Serag is a different mare, but
you did see her at our place.

The mare at David's is Bint Serag
(*Serag x Hialeah by El Hilal).
Attached is a picture of Bint Serag taken at David's:

I like Bint Serag very much also -- an excellent mare!

Jill
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
crfarm
post Dec 10 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 7234

QUOTE (hayspetnut @ Dec 10 2008, 11:24 AM)
crfarm - I have a 3 year old filly out of the same sire.  We love her and she's a carbon copy of her sire - which I believe is still for sale.  Here's the most recent photo that I have of him.

Kathy

Beautiful pic Kathy! I have been wanting other pics and photos and have wanted this stallion too. I have just seen the pics I posted and one when he was much younger. Which filly do you have?
Stephanie

+Quote Post
Ladypurr
post Dec 10 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #50

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 118

Oh, my these pictures sure make my day! I LOVE CHESTNUTS, every shade, but liver is my favorite. I, too, love the beautiful Phara horses, descendents of the most classic Crabbet stallion, Lewisfield Sun God. My favorite of the stallions (living) is Majestic Sun but I also got to see Eclipse of the Sun and he was one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen. Burgundy Sun is the most unusual chesnut--he is actually burgundy (like burgundy wine) in color.

One of our forum members--Jodi Tuft--has three incredible chesnut stallions. I tried to paste the photo but it only picks up the text so here's a link. My favorite (and only because I love his dam) is Messaoud's Amir. http://www.extendinc.com/valleyhorsecenter/stallions.htm

Those who mentioned Prince Charmming--Dr. Clemminger of Oasis Arabians in Arizona has a splendid Prince son--VooDooo. He was not only a halter winner, but was trained in dressage. A beautiful and sweet boy, too!

--Susan

+Quote Post
Tous crins
post Dec 10 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #51

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (calicoarab @ Dec 10 2008, 07:14 AM)
Hello all! Thanks to everyone for their photos, and for the kind response to Chrisitnes' pics' of Espresso!  "Bennie' (as he is known here at home) is quite the show off, he really loves an audiesnce, as did his dad. They are really 'people horses'. For the most part the liver does seem to follow the Ibn Rabdan lines, it is also fairly prevelent in the Babson horses. Khebir was just awsome! I will try to put up a photo of EH Bahretta. Her dark color is forever changing, so from year to year I always have a new horse! And I'm pleased to see someone else remembers the Phara Farm horses. They were also nice riding horses, so more than just pretty faces. And Primce Charmming is a beauty too!

Wow Sandy,

I had not seen that one. It is amazing how they change color!

Tzviah Idan has lots of dark liver chestnuts too.

Christine

+Quote Post
Lysette
post Dec 10 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 402

QUOTE (Ladypurr @ Dec 10 2008, 09:25 PM)
Those who mentioned Prince Charmming--Dr. Clemminger of Oasis Arabians in Arizona has a splendid Prince son--VooDooo.  He was not only a halter winner, but was trained in dressage.  A beautiful and sweet boy, too!

--Susan

VooDooo!!! At my very first Event I had the great honor of meeting Dr. Clemminger and VooDoo. I was just a star-stuck kid, and I will never forget Dr. Clemminger opening up the stall door so I could go in and see "the wild stallion" smile.gif That pair really gave me a wonderful impression on what Egyptians (and their owners!) are like.

I am so enjoying everyone's pictures.

+Quote Post
hayspetnut
post Dec 10 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 7292

We have Grace, his first filly. My 10 year old daughter just loves her. She'll be shown in '09 in some performance classes. Here's a yearling photo of her. He sure does throw pretty babies with lots of personality.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post Dec 10 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #54

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

You guys are killing me with those beautiful pictures! Please name the horses that you are posting, it is a bit frustrating to have to back up and try to figure out who they are. I was born with a genetic weakness for chestnuts and must say that having Illa Bint Serag at our farm is like a dream come true for me, she is exciting and gorgeous, what a mover and what a personality!
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
crfarm
post Dec 11 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 7234

QUOTE (hayspetnut @ Dec 10 2008, 04:35 PM)
We have Grace, his first filly.  My 10 year old daughter just loves her.  She'll be shown in '09 in some performance classes.  Here's a yearling photo of her.  He sure does throw pretty babies with lots of personality.

Kathy
she is very pretty. I had just seen the one pic that Ellen had on her site.
Here is her half brother out of MCF Nicole. He's a yearling.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Nicole produced a grey filly this year and is back in foal for a full sibling to this year's filly.

+Quote Post
Rettke Arabians
post Dec 11 2008, 02:31 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 17862

Hi All,
I was reading all your Chestnut threads and looking at the great horses. I had a lady call me yesterday about a 2 year old colt she is trying to sell. She says he is Chestnut with a Flaxen mane and tail. I have not seen him and they are not internet people so you would have to call her. The horse is a 2 year old SE, AK Stallion DRA Nasr Moniet Malik sired by SS Tequilla Sun out of Jai Tashinas Tear who is by Fa Durra Halim. If you are interested you can email me privately and I can put you in touch with her. She can get you pictures that way. I think they are selling because they have to many horses. He has been handled since birth and is gentle. Just thought I would throw it out there. They told they would take $1500 or best offer. He is located in SE Missouri I believe.

Lisa

+Quote Post
Rising Phoenix
post Dec 11 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #57

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 9409

Hi Lisa,
See if you can get a photo of him & then post it here, maybe someone will bite. the price is great. SO?

+Quote Post
Rettke Arabians
post Dec 11 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 17862

I will see what I can do to get a photo even if it isn't recent. They do not believe in internet as far as having it in their home. Maybe she has one from this past summer. He is not SO. Only AK and SE. Atleast that is what Data Source says and we know how accurate they are. However, the owner said that too.

Lisa

+Quote Post
Rising Phoenix
post Dec 11 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #59

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 9409

Ok, hope this works. I found a yearling photo of him. Also I hope no one minds me posting it, I found it on the web.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ladypurr
post Dec 11 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #60

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 118

Pam--I'm with you! There are a couple photos of stallions that just make my jaw drop and I can't figure out who they are!!! Agh!

Hey Mike! Where are you? Post a photo of your beautiful liver chesnut boy--Mon Amir!

--Susan

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:37
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.