This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Mother's Day, Funny Quotes/Sayings
Scott
post May 10 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27701

Happy Mother's Day,

A few quotes for Mom. Add your funnies or favorite sayings/quotes from your Mom.

Aristotle:
Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.

Florida Scott-Maxwell:
No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.

Have a great Mother's Day!! smile.gif

Scott
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil Buddha
post May 10 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31602

Hi Scott:

Sandra Day O'Connor the American Supreme Court Justice (the first woman one too), was born and raised on a ranch called the Lazy B. She wrote a book with her brother, H. Allan Day. What a great book to read and I really recommend it to you. In one part she was talking about her mother and she wrote something her mother had said to her, which was really touching,
"I want to give you laughter and courage, ambition and fulfillment, and in that way, I shall find my own"-Ada Marie Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone smile.gif

+Quote Post
Scott
post May 10 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27701

QUOTE (Lil Buddha @ May 10 2009, 02:28 PM)
What a great book to read and I really recommend it to you. In one part she was talking about her mother and she wrote something her mother had said to her, which was really touching,

Happy Mother's Day everyone  smile.gif

Lil Buddha,

Yes... the first female on The Court. Reagan appointed her because of a campaign promise he had made, she was criticized on both the left and right. She has set herself apart and looks at each and every case on an individual basis as should we all. I will take your advice and read the book.

The quote is so true of my own mother. As she has made similar remarks to me in the past as I was growing up. Thanks for the quote it brought back very good memories.

Scott

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:48
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.