This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Handler
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1176

hello
who is the best handler and what are any other handlers faults!!! i would aprecieate it alloty if you would not use any bad language towards other peoples idears just speak your mind and do not comment any other peoples idears even if they maybe wrong anyway i would like to say that eric way very good at paris last year 2003 and there where many other good handlers but i want to see your idears not mine and please speak your mind and tel me where they have minor faults.
thank you loads
electra biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_just 4 arabians_*
post Feb 14 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Guests

I think there is not just 1 best handler. Every handler has his own "thing" were he is better in. What I do think is that not every handler is good with foals... I also think you have to need "feeling" with a horse. Maybe it`s important to have kind of a "relation" with the horse and that the handler not only is thinking about winning.

Greetings from Holland.

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

hello
i agree but may you give me an example?
thank you
electra

+Quote Post
Guest_just 4 arabians_*
post Feb 14 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #4

Guests

You want names?

Well, personally I think that woman better are in handling a foal then a men... Look at the way Mary has a foal in her hands or Scott... Do you ever see Scott with a foal in his hands... (Not so often...) (By the way: I have no bad meanings with it... biggrin.gif )
I think you only can win when you have a "close relation" with the horse. When you are bullying the horse he has no faith in the person who is handling him adn probably he only will be scared...

You have to search for the "bad things" from the horse and then you have to look witch handler is the best to make the bad things correct. Maybe Scott is better on the body and top and Frank on the legs... And maybe Eric is better with the movements... (are just some samples I gave...)

Do you understand what I mean? sad.gif

Greetings from Holland.

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

yes i do understand now and i belive that if a handler is not good with his horse than you will not see what the horse can do yet what it is made to do and if you give it a chance than i think that the horse would do much better in movment (for instace) and i think that you have to be mean only when they are not cooperating dont you think!!
and i dont just think this i know it for a fact!!!
lots of love
electra biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Just4Arabians
post Feb 14 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1017

Yes, But never be to mean `cause when the horse is not trusting you you can`t do anything with him anymore... We saw it at one of our own horses and it`s not funny to hear it`s because of the horse when it`s not his fault!

Love from Holland.

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

hi
i totaly agree but just togh inogh so they know you are the boss and never let them be frightend of you because then at the show every thing will go wrong. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Just4Arabians
post Feb 14 2004, 11:44 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1017

Yes!! Ofcourse... If you do that it`s going wrong too!!

Greetings from Holland.

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

yes and this is a serious problem nowadays and it sould be stopped like always yanking the horses head down if you do it too much then the horse is just going to loose it !!!
there are so many handlers that do that and dont even reolize what they are doing !!! mad.gif it gets me oh soo frustrated for the poor horse .!!
electra smile.gif

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

like there was a handler at the middle east championships (dont want to mension names) the horse was not cooperating so at the end of his turn he pretended to pat the horse and smacked it and in the end it came 3rd and you could see the red mark on its neck where he smacked her it was the worst thing i have ever seen !!!
electra sad.gif

+Quote Post
jamat
post Feb 14 2004, 12:18 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 122

Hi Electra
Here in Australia we have good and bad trainers like anywere.
The good ones you can allways tell because the horse is confident alert and willing to show for the handler. I think one of the best handlers in Australia is Adam king of King Estate International. He is very calm with any horse he shows and gets a great show from them.Cheers Jo

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

yes i agree all countrys have there good handlers and there bad ones!! that is the only way to tell if the handler is good or not i bet that every stables wants to win but some dont care about the feelings of the handler towards there horses and that is the biggest fault you can get out of the owners !! you must care about the feelings of the horse aswell .
lots of love
electra biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
electra
post Feb 14 2004, 12:34 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

sory i twist words arround allot and i meant that they dont care about the feelings of the horse towards the handler (they probbly hate him/her ) (if they are bad that is ) and whenn i said that is the only way to tell i meant what you said about the horse being calm and all !!
electra biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hananfan
post Feb 14 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 908

One of the handlers I like alot in the USA is Steve Dady. He doesn't do alot of the jerking and yanking you see with alot of the other handlers. Plus he has done a great job with my guy!
I have also heard some good things about Mike Neal.

cool.gif

Katrina

+Quote Post
Guest_Stacie_*
post Feb 14 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #15

Guests

I don't have an international scope, nor even a huge american one of the showring.

I do know that the majority of the people at our barn are women (haha), but there are several that are exceedingly rough with our horses. I was helping worm the horses and one particular woman came towards my mare, Skye, with the wormer. She tried yanking her head around, forcing it in her mouth until I got to her. Skye's eyes were just glinting with fight then. Not saying a word, I simply took the wormer and Skye opened her mouth for me after giving me a nuzzle. Oh, aren't I horrible? hehe rolleyes.gif

i find horses really respond when they have both love and respect, stallions especially. The farm stallion can be insolent and very much king of his world, and I respect his 'studliness' but he does know when its time to work and be serious. Speaking of which, he's now a riding horse! biggrin.gif

But from the local class b-A shows I've been to I've seen some very rough women, and some very rough men. But there are some men in our area that when they do do halter, they look so elegant doing it and they are quite kind to the horses. Now I have to get my gears going and start in the halter again...wee... ph34r.gif

Stacie

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 04:43
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.