This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum's Use And Ethics, HOW WE CAN USE FORUMS AND WHAT IT ENTAILS??
usamah ezzain
post May 24 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 748

DEAR FORUM'S FREINDS,
I AM OPENING THIS TOPIC AND ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW DIFFERENT PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT TO MEAN wink.gif SO I HOPE IT CAN BE A STEP ON rolleyes.gif

A FORUM IS A PLACE WHERE MANY PEOPLE WILL ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE INTO TO SPEND HOPEFULLY A HAPPY TIME,GAINING KNOWLEDGE,SHARING HOWEVER SMALL KNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE,GETTING CLOSE TO WORTHY LOVING FREINDS,SHARING THEIR POSITIVE ENERGY,BROADENING THEIR PERSPECTIVES,GOING PLACES THAT THEY CAN NOT,MEETING INTERESTING PEOPLE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE MET NORMALLY,SEEING THINGS THAT WOULD NEVER COME THEIR WAY,.............................AND AND AND.IT SHOULD BE LIKE A JOURNEY INTO A BEAUTIFULL PARK WELL LAID WITH BEAUTIFULL TREES,FLOWERS,GREENERIES,WALKWAYS,PAVEMENTS,ROCKERIES,WATERFALLS AND FOUNTAINS AND MEETING A HAPPY CROWD OF BEAUTIFULL LADIES,GENTLEMEN AND PLAYFULL HAPPY WELLBEHAVED CHILDREN.

SO,IT IS UP TO US TO KEEP SE.COM EXACTLEY THAT WAY OR MAKE IT A CROWDED METROPOLITAN AREA FULL OF NOISE,CARS,BUSSES,TRAINS,POLUTION,DIRT,PEOPLE LOOSING THEIR BRAINS...................AND AND AND

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH OF US TO CHOOSE TO GO TO THE PARK OR THE CITY,SO,PLEASE ALL AND EVERYONE OF US,LETS KEEP IT THE FIRST OPTION AND BE HAPPY THAT IT IS A BEAUTIFULL PARK wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ELAcrisi
post May 24 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 80

Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author)

Christina

+Quote Post
usamah ezzain
post May 24 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

I RESPECT YOUR DESIRE AND LOVE YOUR FRANKNESS AND I OWE YOU TO TELL YOU ENJOY YOUR RIDE DEAR smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mr Prospector
post May 24 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4001

Usamah, I agree that the forum should be a place to come with good friends and be a place for learning new things, meeting new people, sharing our horses and our highs and lows. People who take the the time go give us reports about their horses, reports about shows, new things happening around the world. And I think we should be able to talk about these things without criticism and nasty comments about the author of the thread or people who contribute to the thread. It should be a case of three strikes you are out. Or maybe a suspension. Something like that. Because everyone has something to contribute, and hopefully we can take away good things from each other and give good things. Such as you do when you share your beautiful horses with us over the years and we can see how they are going and how they are producing.

I hope you get some good responses to this thread.

+Quote Post
karin
post May 24 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Good point Usamah,

I think your comparison is well written. It is upon US here to make this site a lovely site or a site where there is a lot of fuss, discussion and criticism.

If somebody asks me to put pictures of my horses over here and I respond to that, it would be quite impolite to make comments on them since it is not asked for. Those pictures were posted to be enjoyed and if somebody does not enjoy hem, skip further then.

I can go on and on but will not be long.

I think we all have to count until ten or maybe more before responding to somebody here in a lesser nice way because WE think their horses or breeding programma or whatever is discussed should be like so and so.

One likes sport horses, the other one old bloodlines, the third one show horses and the fourth one breeds arabians with another breed and likes that...It is not upon us to judge those people and their horses and we are all different persons but please have some respect for each other.

+Quote Post
Erna Kornelis
post May 24 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 81

QUOTE (karin @ May 25 2010, 12:03 AM) *
It is upon US here to make this site a lovely site or a site where there is a lot of fuss, discussion and criticism.

If somebody asks me to put pictures of my horses over here and I respond to that, it would be quite impolite to make comments on them since it is not asked for. Those pictures were posted to be enjoyed and if somebody does not enjoy hem, skip further then.

I copy-paste what I wrote on the other topic:

"I am a student of the humanities at university, and the best classes are those in which two or more people contradict each other. But this does not mean that those two people do not like each other! And even "worse", sometimes they just argue for the sake of arguing, because discussions are what really brings new knowledge and new perspectives, sth. that does not happen when everyone in the room agrees on subject X. Their views expressed on subject X can sometimes even be only an argumentative perspective, which is not necessarily their own view based on taste (often happens when we discuss controversial novels or poetry).
So, my spirit is a discursive one, in every aspect, not an aggressive one, I want you to consider this and not jump on everything and tell me or others they are being not nice."

To me, "discussion" has by no means a negative connotation.

I must admit, I was not aware of the fact that Usamah Ezzain's other topic was a "photo-showing-topic" only - I understand there was an invitation on Facebook (?), but I did not read that and so tried to generate a fruitful discussion.

"Forum" think where the word comes from, the forum romanum!

I am so sad that I am indirectly being called impolite although I never intended to be sad.gif

It is really difficult in this forum not to step on someone's toes... I post more often (and since 8 years!) on a German forum, the atmosphere there is more open to discussing, maybe I am just the odd one out, probably together with Al Acrisi biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lil Buddha
post May 24 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31602

QUOTE (usamah ezzain @ May 24 2010, 04:29 PM) *
A FORUM IS A PLACE WHERE MANY PEOPLE WILL ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE INTO:
1) TO SPEND HOPEFULLY A HAPPY TIME,
2) GAINING KNOWLEDGE,
3) SHARING HOWEVER SMALL KNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE,
4) GETTING CLOSE TO WORTHY LOVING FRIENDS,
5) SHARING THEIR POSITIVE ENERGY,
6) BROADENING THEIR PERSPECTIVES,
7) GOING PLACES THAT THEY CAN NOT,
8) MEETING INTERESTING PEOPLE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE MET NORMALLY,
9) SEEING THINGS THAT WOULD NEVER COME THEIR WAY

Once, I saw a bulletin board with a message that said, "be the good person your dog believes you are". smile.gif There are only 2 beings in this world who love me, no matter how ugly I can be. One is my dog, one is my Mom. I love my dog and I love my Mom. I hope that I live my life, so neither would be saddened by me. If more people love me than just my dog and my Mom, then I will be a rich man, blessed beyond my wildest dreams. When we love someone, we want to respect them. When we respect them, we want to put ourselves last and put this person we love first. Everything this person thinks or feels or says, is more important than how we feel, how we think and what we may have to say. Maybe if we think of each other in this manner, then the forum will become a kinder and safer place and we will all benefit, because no one will fear the wrath of another.

Have a great day everyone, where ever you are. smile.gif

+Quote Post
karin
post May 24 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Erna, I was speaking in general terms. This could be about whatever topic there is here. So it is not personal to you and not ment to be. I thought your postings were frank and interested if you wish to know.

I just wish that we could be a bit more kind to each other and also not judge horses from pictures. I always learned that it is not wise to do that. And this is also in general terms.

I have to admit that being a moderator is not an easy job and this weekend I did open my pc not with joy..Frankly.

Indeed I have invited Usamah to post his pictures here and I feel sad that it went this way.. What started nice ended up in discussions but ofcourse there were also nice replies. It doesn't always have to be sweet and soft but a bit more apprehension for other breeders by eveybody would be nice.

A forum should be frank and open but I see sometimes a lot of negative things also being said which is not always necessarily.

THIS IS IN GENERAL SPEAKING.

+Quote Post
Erna Kornelis
post May 24 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 81

Okay Karin, I understand.
I didn't even realize you are a moderator now - as I know that now I can see that you must speak in general terms at any time.

Hm, sorry for being stubborn, but what exactly went wrong in the other topic with the lovely pictures? I really don't see it. If you prefer, PM me.
I am sure this must take lots of your time, so if you don't write me, it is okay too. It is really a minor issue.

Have a nice evening smile.gif
Erna.

+Quote Post
usamah ezzain
post May 26 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #10

Gold Member
Group Icon

DEAR ERNA KORNELIS,
I WANT TO SAY THAT I NEVER THOUGHT YOU MEANT BAD FOR A SINGLE MOMENT,BUT RATHER THOUGHT YOU ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTIONS IN A PROPER MANNER smile.gif AND I RESPONDED,HOPEFULLY,IN A VERY APPRECIATIVE MANNERS.WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND US EVEN FURTHER AND TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER TOBE IN PEACE HAPPILY AS WELL AS BENEFICIALLY.WE SHOULD NEVER ACT IN SUSPICION TOWARDS EACH OTHER,OTHERWIZE IT IS A ROMAN WRESTLING ARENA RATHER THAN A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE RESPECTING EACH OTHER MEET TO SHARE AND LEARN wink.gif

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS AND YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO MY TOPICS DEAR FREIND wub.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post May 27 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Usamah, I agree with you very much. There is no excuse for rudeness and differences of opinion can be discussed with good manners and courtesy. The very worst thing is when someone is not only rude, but downright cowardly when posting very nasty comments of people and horses under an assumed name. These people can be traced quite easily and be sued as well.

+Quote Post
Lulu
post May 27 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 4052

QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ May 27 2010, 04:30 AM) *
These people can be traced quite easily and be sued as well.

This definately depends on where the person is from. I know in the USA people like to sue everyone, but where I am from you wouldnt get anything out of suing someone for a comment made on the internet (other than a huge bill), unless it downright destroyed the person's life, and even then you would probably loose.

+Quote Post
waheed
post May 27 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3206

SUED????? Who is talking about sueing , this is a thread about ethics , this is way beyond sueing or even fighting this is about avoiding hearting somebodys feelings or even more to refrain from saying anything that will not improve your relation with the other side leave alone hearting them. And this makes sense as why would I put the effort without any benefit? The benefit here is the better relation with the other party

Waheed

+Quote Post
usamah ezzain
post May 27 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #14

Gold Member
Group Icon

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif MY DEAR FREIND WAHEED,THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE AND AS ALLWAYS YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE BLESSINGS,SSA7 LISSANIK smile.gif

MANY FORUM MEMBERS,THANKS GOD,CONTRIBUTE POSITIVE ENERGY BUT THOSE VERY LITTLE FEWS IF THEY CAN HOLD ON THEIR NEGATIVE ATTITUDES AND GAIN FROM THE ABUNDANT POSITIVE ENERGIES THAT SHINES OUT OF THOSE HORSE LOVERS,THEN SE.COM WILL BE A ONE HELL OF PLACE TO BE wink.gif

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post May 27 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I couldn't agree more, we don't sue in the UK either but sometimes it the US people tend to sue very quickly and it has happened that's all I was trying to say. Life is much too short. I'm glad I'm a positive optimist !!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 00:01
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.