This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modern Phenotypes For Desert-bred Strains
Guest_Debra NowakGuest_*
post Mar 31 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #31

Guests

Hello Friends,

Please accept my apology for the delay in reply. It is breeding and foaling season and I live in the barn. I want to thank Judi Parks for helping me post some photos as I do not know how to scan and post (will need to work on that).
I am delighted to be able to participate as the strains are definately I believe a "part of the art" of breeding horses. I have studied and bred intensly for over 30 years. The value of any breeding system depends upon careful analysis of a breeder's goals. We all breed horses in our own subjective way which is great!! as it gives diversity. WE all blend, manage and educate ourselves differently. The final result is a vision of each ones goals!! For me it has been to build a VERY planned breeding program that includes the Art of Strain Breeding.

My first introduction to strains was in reading Raswan's works. I have a copy of his charts on How to analyze a pedigree through COLOR CODING PEDIGREES and seeing the difference by infusing more Kuhaylan (strength and substance) with Saklawi(beauty, refinement) or Dahman ect...... After studying his works it made alot of sense to COLOR CODE PEDIGREES. I cannot do a mating or any pre-planning without color coding a pedigree first. To study any horse I must have the pedigree COLOR CODED(a very important tool) The PEDIGREE is a vital tool in any breeding program--It is key to genetic and structural identity. Inheritance factors come from a combination of traits passed down from preceding generations.

The learning process of what ingredients to use is a lifelong journey!! As I have stated many times the STRUCTURE CARD and the GENETIC CARD is KEY element to any program. This comes first for me before the STRAIN CARD, although I have made it apart of my journey to seek individuals who are specific strain familes and analyze them. TYPE-FAMILY-STRAIN they all WORK together.
I breed within specific tail female lines (classic Families) and blend accordingly.
I would never breed for the sake of a colored pedigree only!!!! This is where you can get in big trouble. The blend must be for many different parts of the puzzle.

Example: on finding an outcross stallion for us??? I was searching for specific factors I would NOT compromise --HUGE eyes TYPE -harmony and correctness in body type-straight legs and sound round feet with absolutely NO SIDE TAILS-- WE found *HS HERO (Simeon Sadik x Helwa Lancer) , he was a dream come true and the brownie points were his mother was an El Hilal daughter(we linebreed El Hilal exclusively) and his tail family was Kuhaylan and the same family of several of our foundation mares. Our outcross was Simeon Sadik who I felt was the perfect outcross for our program. So far the results have been more than I could have hoped for.

Future Example; To breed Abraxas Bint Abu to HS HERO again breeding Kuhaylan and they are both from the same Kuhaylan FAMILY but the outcross is SADIK.
Strain breeding is a "Part of the art" I feel a very important part of the art!!

My Humble Opinion
Debbie Nowak
Abraxas Arabians
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HLM
post Mar 31 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #32

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

Hi Debra
I like what you are stating. Always regret that we live so far apart and I cant see all your Arabians, except on photos at the EE, which I adore. If you ever are in Florida, please be our guest, see our SE's and we can chat for hours.

Have a nice day
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabin Farms

+Quote Post
Abbasiyah
post Apr 1 2004, 01:48 PM
Post #33

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 110

smile.gif Here is Debra's beautiful HS Hero (Simeon Sadik x Helwa Lancer)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Abbasiyah
post Apr 1 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #34

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 110

rolleyes.gif Here is Hero's first foal Desert HS Hero (HS Hero x Abraxas Habielaa) owned by Desert Straights, Bill & Chris Sirpless in Oregon. (Hero and Desert HS Hero photos by Little)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 1 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #35

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Hi JUdi
thanks for the photo. He is georgeous. I bet you he could win a 100 miler, when ready. Or become a super dressage/3day event horse.

Hansi tongue.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 01:17
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.