This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unusual Colours, Blue roan sabino
Anjuli Bai
post Aug 7 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1322

Take a look at my purebred Arabian filly
dna tested black (black parents as well)
Siobhaan (Saba Mashaali x WS Night Silk) biggrin.gif

Have you ever seen such a colour with a purebred Arabian?

Pictures by S. Wind
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl L
post Aug 7 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2799

Striking color. Although, I would not call it blue roan, as she is the perfect example of a Maximum expressed Sabino.

http://sahr.homestead.com/

The above is the Sabino Arabian Horse Registry.

+Quote Post
CenturyOak
post Aug 8 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1019

very pretty! I had to look closer, it looked like she had a Japanese freezemark symbol on her buttcheek laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Seglavi
post Aug 8 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 2910

Very pretty filly. Her mother is rather young ('06) (correct me if I am wrong) to have had two foals already.
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
Anjuli Bai
post Aug 9 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

ZITAT(Seglavi @ Aug 8 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Very pretty filly. Her mother is rather young ('06) (correct me if I am wrong) to have had two foals already.
Pam Studebaker

Yes, her breeder told me that her mother WS Night Silk has had a foal before. She's a very tall and strong mare.

+Quote Post
Sakinah
post Aug 14 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34654

QUOTE (Seglavi @ Aug 8 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Pam Studebaker

Wholly unsurprising as the breeder of this filly also started using one of her stallions for breeding when he was approximately 1.5 years old...... blink.gif
The stallion was foaled 2/2007 and had his first foal on the ground 8/2009.

Breeding babies to get babies seems to be her growing specialty....

I will say, however, Anjuli...this filly is quite striking and nicely built. You got yourself a good one. I like her!

Marie

+Quote Post
vincentlaeven
post Aug 14 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Group: New Member
Member No.: 35574

Lovely horse i like it . thanks for sharing.

+Quote Post
Kathrin K.I.M.
post Aug 14 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3937

Bei aller Ehre für deine Vorliebe zu bunten Pferden... Körperbau wunderbar, Farbe echt nicht meins. Sieht aus, als hätte sie sich in Asche gewälzt und wäre richtig dreckig. Da krieg ich das Bedürfnis, mir eine große Flasche Shampoo zu nehmen und die Kleine mal so richtig durchzuwaschen.

Zum Glück sind Vorlieben verschieden wink.gif

+Quote Post
karin
post Aug 14 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Kathrin, you could get a bit softer on the edges maybe? ohmy.gif

Karin

+Quote Post
Sakinah
post Aug 14 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34654

QUOTE (Kathrin K.I.M. @ Aug 14 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Bei aller Ehre für deine Vorliebe zu bunten Pferden... Körperbau wunderbar, Farbe echt nicht meins. Sieht aus, als hätte sie sich in Asche gewälzt und wäre richtig dreckig. Da krieg ich das Bedürfnis, mir eine große Flasche Shampoo zu nehmen und die Kleine mal so richtig durchzuwaschen.

On he bright side Kathrin, if she naturally looks dirty then it will be harder for observers to know when she really IS dirty smile.gif

As Anjuli well knows, I am not a fan of this filly's breeder by any means NOR do I believe in making any certain colors or patterns the priority in a breeding program. I'm of the mind that if they happen...fine. If they don't....no big deal.
However, I make it my policy to give credit where credit is due and, to that end, color aside, I do like this filly. I'm a butt person and this filly has a nice deep hip and actually has a butt. I see far too many horses with nothing in the hind end - weedy, short hipped, bad angles, no drive because they have no motor. I'd perhaps like to see the tail set on a bit higher but it's not too far off (and could just be the photos). She has a nice little head and the photos above don't really show that. I've seen other photos of this filly that do show her head better and although it looks somewhat blocky above that is actually an illusion created by the white on her muzzle. She has some REALLY cute tippy ears, I LOVE the black rimming around her eyes (she looks like she's wearing eyeliner! Too cute!) and her neck length is in balance with her body and of good shape. Her throatlatch could be a bit cleaner perhaps and it is quite possible that may come with maturity. She has a nice compact body that looks like it ties together nicely. Her legs appear clean and straight with pasterns of proper length. I gave up long ago trying to judge cannon bone length on babies as I discovered I'm just no good at it. I've not seen a good clear shot of her shoulder so I am unable to comment on that.

She has a few glitches that, for me, are minor and would not stop me from giving her serious consideration for purchase. The fact that she is such an interesting color, to me, is simply a nice bonus. But, then again, Lord knows I'm not above being controversial.

Marie

+Quote Post
Anjuli Bai
post Aug 15 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

ZITAT(Kathrin K.I.M. @ Aug 14 2010, 06:21 PM) *

laugh.gif Wenn Shushu hier ankommt, werde ich sie wohl sowieso erstmal baden (bei Pebbles hatte ich auch probiert, ob die weißen Flecken überhaupt echt sind).
Shushu hat noch ziemlich langes Fell, wie sie am Ende mal genau aussieht, wird sie wohl erst nächsten Sommer zeigen.
Die von der UC Davis sagten, dass sie im Sommer silbern und im Winter (bis auf die weißen Sabinoflecken) fast schwarz sein müsste.

+Quote Post
Kathrin K.I.M.
post Aug 16 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3937

ZITAT(karin @ Aug 14 2010, 07:25 PM) *
Kathrin, you could get a bit softer on the edges maybe? ohmy.gif

Karin

Hi Karin,
if i'd be rude you would realise it and I also think Marion can take it wink.gif

Well Marie, as you say, I will always consider a nice exterieur. @Anjuli Bai loves whatever ununsul color so I'm fine with that. I wouldn't buy this filly anyways as I do consider color and definately prefer the bays and chestnuts. I'm in the forunate situation to own some nice riding horses with a motor wink.gif so I wouldn't make it to the States just for that reason.
Btw, I used to own a purebred mare that was referred to as "she's got the prettiest face I've ever seen on a QH" by many trainers and vets... she was one gorgeous WP and LSS horse and a fairly nice Reiner.

Using a yearling colt for breeding bothers my in a way if he is used intensively. One mare wouldn't kill him thought it's not necessary to breed with a yearling. Morals do not matter for some people, as I know many breeders who cover 2yrs old girls - I'd call that child abuse... (maybe THAT was rude now Karin)

+Quote Post
weber
post Sep 2 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #13

Group: New Member
Member No.: 35687

Horse is my favorite animal.
i like horse riding.

+Quote Post
smokygirl
post Sep 17 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 11712

Definetely not a blue roan lol. 1. Roan doesn't exist in pb arabians. 2. the horse has no roan characteristics. Roans are characterized by dark heads and legs from the knew down, and even roaning throughout the body. While white markings can occur, they are usually quite minimal. This filly is a perfect example of a maximum sabino, possibly with rabicano traits.

+Quote Post
Anjuli Bai
post Sep 19 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #15

Advanced Senior Member

ZITAT(smokygirl @ Sep 17 2010, 11:00 AM) *
Definetely not a blue roan lol. 1. Roan doesn't exist in pb arabians. 2. the horse has no roan characteristics. Roans are characterized by dark heads and legs from the knew down, and even roaning throughout the body. While white markings can occur, they are usually quite minimal. This filly is a perfect example of a maximum sabino, possibly with rabicano traits.

Yes, I know. smile.gif
My filly and her parents are member of a new study for the rabicano-gen in purebred Arabians (UC Davis).
She is maximum sabino and extrem rabicano. In winter she'll be nearly black but in summer silver.
Bsw. Shu-Shu is just in quarantine for her new home in Germany *dayscounting*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 01:19
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.