This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm New To Sea's... Pedigree Info?
fa_saaid_halim
post Oct 16 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36112

Hello, I do not know much about the Straight Egyptian bloodlines... I would like to know more about my horse's pedigree.
Here is a link:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/fa+saaid+halim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karin
post Oct 17 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Lovely pedigree, do you have pictures of her too?

She has Ansata ibn Halima 4 times in her pedigree. This mare is world famous, but many more arabians also in your horses pedigree. Ansata ibn Halima was bred at El Zahraa, and imported to the US and became a real fondation mare for the Forbis, the Ansata Stud. The Forbis started with the importation of three egyptian horses to the US and became a world famous arabian stud afterwards. You will find the Ansata horses in many pedigrees!

You see also Fadl in her bloodlines, and that stallion is Babson since he was used by Mr Babson in the US. Mr Babson also imported arabians in the '30 to the US. Fadl was also very versatile. He was ridden, used in front of a carriage etc.

I once started a topic about Fadl, so you can look that up here.

I will come back to you later with more info.

BTW : Your horse's strain is Dahmah Shahwaniyah. That is the dam line which we always use to see the strain.

+Quote Post
fa_saaid_halim
post Oct 17 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Actually, it's a he (gelding) wink.gif
I'll attach some photos of him...

+Quote Post
JacqueB
post Oct 17 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1601

The pictures remind me of his sire Halim El Mansour, he looks like him. But what I was excited to see that despite having so much Babson breeding, he really demonstrates the influence of Fay El Dine from the tail female line of his sire side and Fabo on the dam side & Daal Aba the doubling of Fay El Dine in that TF mare which gives him such a lovely top line & cleanness, length & curve thru his throat latch.
Being Babson breeding & Ansata Ibn Halima I would be shocked if he wasn't a really mellow, lovely tempered horse who enjoys his work & attention & very level headed in his work.
That pedigree & those pictures suggests to me that you've got a treasure.
I might have time next week to put a few pictures up of horses in that pedigree.

+Quote Post
anitae
post Oct 19 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1964

The woman who bred your boy, Marilyn Lang, is a long-time breeder who would, I am sure, be happy to talk with you about your boy and the horses in his pedigree. Marilyn owns Fantasia Arabians in Texas (if you google Fantasia Arabians, you'll find the website and contact information). Marilyn owned the sire, Halim El Mansour, for the last part of his life; he sired more than a dozen foals for her.

Your boy's pedigree is 50% (through multiple lines) to the imported stallion *Ansata Ibn Halima. Most of the rest of the pedigree (44%) are to a combination of 6 horses brought to the US in 1932 from Egypt by Mr. Henry Babson. The Babson Farm (now closed) was the focal point for breeding Egyptian horses that descended from these imports from 1932 until its closure in the late 1990s. Horses that trace entirely to these 6 imports are often called "Babson Egyptians" or "Straight Babson Egyptians." Most of the horses in the recent part of your boy's pedigree reflect crossing *Ansata Ibn Halima on a "Babson" mare. There is one other line (6%) in the pedigree, to the mare *Bint Nefisaa who came to the US from Egypt.

Both the "Babson" horses and Ansata Ibn Halima are known for being athletic and having great temperaments. I hope you will tell us more about your riding plans.

The Arabian Horse Association (AHA) shows that Marilyn sold this boy to Sharon Covey in 2005. Are you Sharon, or have you recently purchased this boy from her? If you are his new owner, I hope you will transfer his registration with AHA.

Anita Enander

+Quote Post
fa_saaid_halim
post Oct 21 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #6

Yeah, I'm the new owner. I plan on registering him and showing him in western pleasure.

+Quote Post
karin
post Oct 21 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

I just thought, can't you just say thank you for all the replies you have got? I would....

+Quote Post
fa_saaid_halim
post Oct 25 2010, 03:27 AM
Post #8

Well, I had typed a longer reply that had thank you(s) in it, but it didn't post so I just made a shorter version.
Thanks, all!

Though I thought you were all replying to help a new person, not to get glory. Sorry.

+Quote Post
karin
post Oct 25 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

It has nothing to do with glory.

Sometimes to get just a : thank you, is also nice. That is all.

Karin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 10:30
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.