This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thread Format, Is it just me?
Saazar
post Jan 30 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 245

I have a most likely dumb question? When I open a thread the main topic is there and then below I have to click on each reply to read it. I don't like this format at all, is there anyway to change the format like it used to be?? When you open a thread all the replies are listed below and don't require clicking on each reply?

thanks,
Amy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EvenEnt
post Jan 30 2011, 04:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34165

The thread below will explain how to change the way threads are viewed.

http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/in...st&p=371093

Click the "options" button in the upper right corner of the thread and select "standard".

+Quote Post
Guest_Mollie_*
post Jan 31 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #3

Guests

I have another concern. Those moving flash pictures are not only extremely annoying, they can do some damage to a person. I don't mind still pictures at all. But is it possible to turn off this insane constant moving?
Mollie

+Quote Post
cmaginn
post Jan 31 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 34318

You can disable flash and then you won't see them. I'm using my iPad which is not flash enabled so this is how I discovered this.

QUOTE (Mollie @ Jan 31 2011, 03:03 AM) *
I have another concern. Those moving flash pictures are not only extremely annoying, they can do some damage to a person. I don't mind still pictures at all. But is it possible to turn off this insane constant moving?
Mollie

+Quote Post
Cheryl L
post Jan 31 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2799

Mollie....when you log into the discussion area, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left you will see an area with a drop down menu. Yours probably says Bait Al Arab, click on that and change it to StraightEgyptians Standard.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mollie_*
post Jan 31 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Guests

Wondierful !!! Thank you so much. No more eye hurting movies, this is so great.
Mollie

QUOTE (Cheryl L @ Jan 31 2011, 02:31 AM) *
Mollie....when you log into the discussion area, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left you will see an area with a drop down menu. Yours probably says Bait Al Arab, click on that and change it to StraightEgyptians Standard.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mollie_*
post Jan 31 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #7

Guests

Hi Carol and thanks. There are some addons to Firefox to turn off flash, but that might be the one that makes my mouse cursor suddenly disappear. I tried disabling flash too, but that always doesn't work on the right side of SE here. I am so glad of the tip to change at left bottom preference. I will never understand why a web site would choose to use this horrible flash when it is so disruptive to people.
Mollie

QUOTE (cmaginn @ Jan 31 2011, 02:09 AM) *
You can disable flash and then you won't see them. I'm using my iPad which is not flash enabled so this is how I discovered this.

+Quote Post
Saazar
post Feb 5 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 245

THANK YOU EvenEt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had stopped reading here because I couldn't stand the format, so glad to know how to change it back!

+Quote Post
EvenEnt
post Feb 5 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34165

You're welcome. Have a good evening.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 01:38
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.