This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ak Desert Nouara
Helgrit Hepner
post Jul 8 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1697

My darling Nouara - AK Desert Nouara (Shaikh Al Badi x AK Nouara) lost her long battle with melanoma.

She was foaled July 10/ 1987 at Bentwood Farms and purchased by Stonebridge Arabians as the second highest selling filly at the Bentwood Yearling and TwoYear Old Sale for $37,500.00 and promptly resold to a Doctor and his partner for $175,000.00.
At that sale I had recomended to a client that thisfilly was the cream of the crop , but he was unable to purchase her. At the time I was totally enamoured with her and wished with all my heart that I would be able to buy her.
However sometimes fate steps in and 2 years later I was approached by Mr. Chip Harris whether I would be interested in leasing a Shaikh Al Badi daughter. Unknown to me this was Nouars. I was able to purchase her, and she was
my friend and companion ever since. She was not a cuddly mare, but would come to me and lay her head on my chest and just keep it there to be stroked.
She was bred to an Egyptian Prince son a Moniet El Sharaf son and and an Ibn Shaikh son and the foals were wonderful from every mating. Unfortunately because of the economy she was not bred every year.
For the last 10 years she has been showing signs of melanoma, but she was always vigorous and very bossy with her horse companions.
3 years ago, when she was already full of leasions on her anus and vagina, we inseminated her one time with 48 hour old semen which we had kept back in the fridge and she presented us with a wonderfull filly, her last gift to me.
The last month or so she began to seriously loose weight. On Thursday she ate her lunch, after that however she was breathing so hard it was painful to listen to and about 4 PM I was with her, when she staggered, reared up and died. She did not suffer very long, I am hearbroken, but glad that she did not suffer for very long.
We have 3 Nouara daughters and several Nouara grandkids and they are a great legacy to that wonderful mare. I will always remember and love you, Nouara

Helgrit
Saracen Farms

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Nadj al Nur
post Jul 8 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

It is always so hard when these wonderful old ladies leave us. You have my sympathy, and I am glad you have her kids to carry on her line for you.
Cathy

+Quote Post
coffeene1
post Jul 9 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10055

Nouara was a gift that was treasured and will greatly be missed ..
She is very well represented by her daughters and grandkids . It is in them that she lives on...
My sympathy for your loss.
Kathy

+Quote Post
michele013
post Jul 9 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1308

I didn't had the chance to meet her but by the way you loved her I am sure she was a great mare, you have all our family sympathies.

Michèle

+Quote Post
Sliver
post Jul 14 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 924

Im real sorry for your loss helgrit. I know how special she was to you. I'm glad you were able to be there together in the end.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 01:16
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.