This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maybe A Dumb Question., How do you know if your horse is straight egyptian?
karin
post May 9 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #61

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6138

I think this topic is now really OFF TOPIC.

Karin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HLM
post May 9 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #62

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (karin @ May 9 2012, 07:14 PM) *
I think this topic is now really OFF TOPIC.

Karin

Thank you Karin, you are right. So easy to get carried away, eh.

take care
Hansi

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post May 9 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #63

Micky

Member No.: 1584

This is a bit confusing. According to Hansi, GBE never owned a horse, much less an Arabian horse. Now, if one believes that, how can one attempt to undermine the value of the opinions and postings of someone like Leo, who has owned and ridden Arabians for a lifetime simply because they weren't SE Arabians, and at the same time hold sacred the opinions of GBE???

I don't care who accepts or doesn't accept the teachings/opinions of GBE, Raswan, the Otts etc. Everyone has the right to choose their own path -- and I certainly don't think that their acceptance or non-acceptance, in of itself, has any bearing whatsoever on their personal character or mental capacity. I haven't seen any posts which suggest that either.

Breeders who do value the history and traditions of this ancient equine breed, the progenitor of all light breeds, recognize that regardless of what path they choose in breeding Arabians, it makes sense for some breeders to be maintaining the core genepool. If the argument is that there are pitiful few horses who are Asil and are worthy of preservation as individuals in terms of quality and phenotype then I vehemently disagree.

In any event, why would there be a need to create a "league" based on anti-preservationism? It isn't like domestic bred Arabians, and/or those who breed them, are in danger of being lost. They do, after all, represent the vast majority of the Arabian population, while the Asil Arabians and those who breed them represent a small minority. An Anti-Preservation Arabian Horse League is akin to an Anti Minority League. I'm not seeing any benefit there, other than an opportunity to degrade the hard efforts of those who DO see merit in maintaining a genetic core of exclusive desert descent. Do we really need more divisivenes at this point in the history of our breed, pitting one group of Arabian breeders against the other? I think it makes more sense to work towards mutual respect for all breeding groups and the spirit of inclusion regardless of personal preferences.

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 9 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #64

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 28426

Please let's stay civil, together and yet open to others to come in as everyone is new at some point....and speaking of points and differences it does us all good to respect each other new, old, coming and going.
Who among you will be coming to EE this year? I would like for all of us to sit down over coffee and soda and each tell a good story about SE's, related or Arabian's in general. No opinions and face to face with an appreciation of another on a better level. Maybe, just maybe I won't seem so bad either and all for Karin be nice to each other. We could call it "The Karin Way".
If that is not possible perhaps we could still honor Karin and be civil in the virtual world such as here.
I have a belief in the positive and have from the beginning with SE.com. It is in all of us the desire for a positive route forward, but it is up to each of us to put down our swords and plant a seed of hope for the future.
Thank you all in advance for being who you are and who you can be.
On my recent travels and on the way through a bookstore in a airport I saw a title on a book "The Heart and The Fist" after thumbing through it for a while I decided to buy 2 copies (one for each of my sons).
It takes heart and sometimes it takes a fist, but it is not always one or the other over and over. To me the fist is needed to 'right the wrongs' where innocents have been harmed or harm done. Now, I do not mean literally 'fists' and fighting in this instance.....maybe always argue and argue..... use your heart...think of your legacy in the SE world when in the future old threads are read. Use your heart and soften with a kindness that is within you... it is there ...... use it more and argue less.....it always spirals out of control... Then Karin e mails me to have a 'look'.
Jerel and again I am not special... our horses, family and friends are special....all of you are special... I just wish you all knew that about each other and to some about themselves..... legacy, legacy, legacy......

+Quote Post
Dieter
post May 9 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #65

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1086

QUOTE (jerelkerby @ May 9 2012, 03:22 PM) *
(snipped) Who among you will be coming to EE this year? I would like for all of us to sit down over coffee and soda and each tell a good story about SE's, related or Arabian's in general. No opinions and face to face with an appreciation of another on a better level. Maybe, just maybe I won't seem so bad either and all for Karin be nice to each other. We could call it "The Karin Way". (snipped) Use your heart and soften with a kindness that is within you... it is there ...... use it more and argue less.....it always spirals out of control...
I will be at the Event this year Jerel and will look you up. It will be nice to chit chat over a soda while sitting on an overstuffed sofa. Maybe we can discuss my interest in purchasing this forum.

As far as being nice to one another, this is a much more difficult task because too often, the simple sharing of an opinion (as I have on this thread) results in an onslaught of personal attacks. My question to you is, is this forum encouraging discussion that offers more than one point of view, which might stimulate growth (be it personal or knowledge based)? Is it able to tolerate opinions that may differ from others (or more popular opinions) while moderating those who personally attack those posters whose opinions differ from their own?

The world watches as Hansi, who is an icon in the breed that has not failed to offer her strong opinion on topics she is well-suited to speak on, be impugned by a few for every little slip. It is clear they take a good amount of pride in chastising her for the words she sometimes misuses or misunderstands. Whatever she could offer of value is minimized and sacrificed for their own personal gratification - instead of holding up her frailty gently and helping her get her point across clearly, thus helping everyone overcome the language barriers that an international forum presents. This is a woman who should be held up in honor for the education she willingly shares for the masses instead of picked apart by a few who use the fact that English is her second language and the fact that she has been on this earth for a very, very long time against her at every opportunity. I'll bet they would hope someone would not treat their aged mother the way they treat her. I am sad to say that until the day comes where due respect is given to all opinions, this forum, like so many others, will be the play yard for those who insist the world only turns their way and chips away at the happy veneer of others who think differently.

Nevertheless, your efforts, Karin's efforts are appreciated. Will see you in June.

Kind Regards,

Liz Dieter
JEVA Farms LLC

+Quote Post
Seglawiyat
post May 9 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 39963

I would be happy to sit down and have a soda Jerel.

Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
Fairfax
post May 9 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34745

Fast points as it should stay on topic

Char Rabdan...no S.E. offspring. Merle died before she was able to fulfil her dream and acquire a straight Egyptian mare.Danny produced purebred and partbred Arabians. Was sold to Hazel Sorenson.

I am looking for the name of the mare from Verna. She acquired the mare from a breeder in Washington State. It was a gift from her husband to her for breeding to her S.E. Serenity stallion.

The economy tanked..last part of the 80's and they moved to Spanway Washington. They were unable to take the horses and I was given the old mare to look after incase they were able to retrieve her. Manka stayed with me until her death. I asked Verna if I could breed her to Luxxor but she said no as she had not finished paying for her. I did not ask any more.

One note on Blue Star..Ms Jane clearly stated, in the catalogue, that just because an Arabian qualified to be a Blue Star via its pedigree it did NOT mean it should reproduce. She firmly believed Ibn Fadl should Never have been bred.

I think S.E.good examples should be preserved and that applies to ALL lines.

The top has moved to another thread and so I will comment no further on this one.

+Quote Post
HLM
post May 9 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #68

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (Fairfax @ May 9 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Fast points as it should stay on topic

Char Rabdan...no S.E. offspring. Merle died before she was able to fulfil her dream and acquire a straight Egyptian mare.Danny produced purebred and partbred Arabians. Was sold to Hazel Sorenson.

I am looking for the name of the mare from Verna. She acquired the mare from a breeder in Washington State. It was a gift from her husband to her for breeding to her S.E. Serenity stallion.

The economy tanked..last part of the 80's and they moved to Spanway Washington. They were unable to take the horses and I was given the old mare to look after incase they were able to retrieve her. Manka stayed with me until her death. I asked Verna if I could breed her to Luxxor but she said no as she had not finished paying for her. I did not ask any more.

One note on Blue Star..Ms Jane clearly stated, in the catalogue, that just because an Arabian qualified to be a Blue Star via its pedigree it did NOT mean it should reproduce. She firmly believed Ibn Fadl should Never have been bred.

I think S.E.good examples should be preserved and that applies to ALL lines.

The top has moved to another thread and so I will comment no further on this one.

Leo, you above post is fair. Yes we moved to anopther topic and may be you will join.

Hansi

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 23:41
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.