This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recognition Of The Tahawy Horses
Yasser Ghanim El...
post Sep 27 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39850

The great and historical decision taken by Al Khamsa to recognize all the remaining Tahawy horses renews hope in preserving these asil and rare bloodlines of desert Arabians (see: http://daughterofthewind.org/tahawi-tribel...is-is-historic/ )

Tahawy Arabians were dominating the race in Egypt in the period between the 1880s and 1960s. They were an important source for most of Egypt's famous breeders such as Lady Anne Blunt, the Egyptian Royal family and the members of the Jockey club.

The Tahawy horses descend from some of the finest desert bred horses acquired by the Tahawies from the best strains of the notable Sheikhs of Eneza and Shammar tribes. Original certificates stamped by Eneza and Shammar Shaikhs were issued for the Tahawy horses imported from Arabia and the Syrian Desert. Tahawies also kept detailed records of their breeding.

Tahawies had strong ties to the clans of Sb'aa, Fad'aan and Rwela in addition to the famous family of Al-Brazi of northern Syria. They acquired hundreds of Asil desert bred horses from the best and rarest strains as their certificates show. Tahawies were very meticulous in selecting their imports. Desert breeders, usually through the Brazi family, used to send the Tahawies photos of their best horses offered for sale.

Only three Tahawy mares were listed in the EAO 1975 vol. IV studbook (many Tahawy horses were previously listed in the later on ignored 1968 studbook). These three mares had been acquired by Hamdan Stables of Ahmed Hamza in 1944 from Shaikh Abdul-Hamid Rageh El-Tahawy. These were the declared ones but Tahawies believe there were many more among EAO horses. The other Tahawy mares (an estimate of 600 at 1980 and thousands before 1952) were not accepted by the EAO for unknown reasons (long and sad story!).

To read more and view the original Tahawy horse certificates, documents and photos you may visit the following sites:

http://www.eltahawysaoud.com (the official Tahawy website – in Arabic)

http://daughterofthewind.org (includes many documents and photos taken from the Tahawy website and translated to English by Mr. Edouard El-Dahadah - search for Tahawi)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Sep 27 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Micky

Member No.: 1584

QUOTE (Yasser Ghanim El-Tahawy @ Sep 27 2011, 06:46 PM) *
The great and historical decision taken by Al Khamsa to recognize all the remaining Tahawy horses renews hope in preserving these asil and rare bloodlines of desert Arabians (see: http://daughterofthewind.org/tahawi-tribel...is-is-historic/ )

Tahawy Arabians were dominating the race in Egypt in the period between the 1880s and 1960s. They were an important source for most of Egypt's famous breeders such as Lady Anne Blunt, the Egyptian Royal family and the members of the Jockey club.

The Tahawy horses descend from some of the finest desert bred horses acquired by the Tahawies from the best strains of the notable Sheikhs of Eneza and Shammar tribes. Original certificates stamped by Eneza and Shammar Shaikhs were issued for the Tahawy horses imported from Arabia and the Syrian Desert. Tahawies also kept detailed records of their breeding.

Tahawies had strong ties to the clans of Sb'aa, Fad'aan and Rwela in addition to the famous family of Al-Brazi of northern Syria. They acquired hundreds of Asil desert bred horses from the best and rarest strains as their certificates show. Tahawies were very meticulous in selecting their imports. Desert breeders, usually through the Brazi family, used to send the Tahawies photos of their best horses offered for sale.

Only three Tahawy mares were listed in the EAO 1975 vol. IV studbook (many Tahawy horses were previously listed in the later on ignored 1968 studbook). These three mares had been acquired by Hamdan Stables of Ahmed Hamza in 1944 from Shaikh Abdul-Hamid Rageh El-Tahawy. These were the declared ones but Tahawies believe there were many more among EAO horses. The other Tahawy mares (an estimate of 600 at 1980 and thousands before 1952) were not accepted by the EAO for unknown reasons (long and sad story!).

To read more and view the original Tahawy horse certificates, documents and photos you may visit the following sites:

http://daughterofthewind.org (includes many documents and photos taken from the Tahawy website and translated to English by Mr. Edouard El-Dahadah - search for Tahawi)

This is a wonderful turn of events, as this decision will contribute to a positive outlook for the future of the authentic Arabian horse of the desesrt. I was honored to be there amongst other Al Khamsa supporters, to cast my vote in favor; and am excited about the prospects of adding this outstanding new source of Asil blood to the genepool. Bravo for Al Khamsa, which took their time to consider this issue very carefully, and much thanks to Joe Ferriss and Edouard Al Dahdah who worked very hard to get this accomplished. Finally, heartfelt congratulations to the Tahawy tribe, who have finally earned the much deserved recognition for their purebred Asil Arabian horses. This truly is a good thing all around.
Caryn Rogosky

+Quote Post
Yasser Ghanim El...
post Sep 27 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Sep 27 2011, 09:26 PM) *
This is a wonderful turn of events, as this decision will contribute to a positive outlook for the future of the authentic Arabian horse of the desesrt. I was honored to be there amongst other Al Khamsa supporters, to cast my vote in favor; and am excited about the prospects of adding this outstanding new source of Asil blood to the genepool. Bravo for Al Khamsa, which took their time to consider this issue very carefully, and much thanks to Joe Ferriss and Edouard Al Dahdah who worked very hard to get this accomplished. Finally, heartfelt congratulations to the Tahawy tribe, who have finally earned the much deserved recognition for their purebred Asil Arabian horses. This truly is a good thing all around.
Caryn Rogosky

Sincere thanks to you and to everyone contributed to this great result.

It was a tremendous loss to the world of Arabians to lose hundreds of Asil desert horses that belonged to some of the rarest strains which were there until some 20 - 30 years ago. It was only very recently that the younger Tahawy generations were able to uncover treasures of documents, certificates and original photos sent from the Bedouin tribes of Syria that proves beyond any doubt the purity and high rank of the Tahawy horses. Al-Khamsa's exceptional recognition of the few remaining horses (as a quick measure before amending their bylaws to include them in the roster) reflects their understanding of the value of these horses and the criticality of their state and of the necessity to preserve them before their lines are lost forever! We really hope the EAO and WAHO will join force with Al-Khamsa in its initiative and take another historical decision to recognize these horses to save them and also allow the world to benefit from their fresh new desert blood.

Yasser

+Quote Post
El Sabu
post Sep 27 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 408

In germany are 2 stallions located - strain shuweymah sabbah about folla, solid and athlethic, with good legs. If anyone are interesset contact me.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Sep 28 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #5

Micky

Member No.: 1584

QUOTE (Yasser Ghanim El-Tahawy @ Sep 27 2011, 10:21 PM) *

It was a tremendous loss to the world of Arabians to lose hundreds of Asil desert horses that belonged to some of the rarest strains which were there until some 20 - 30 years ago. It was only very recently that the younger Tahawy generations were able to uncover treasures of documents, certificates and original photos sent from the Bedouin tribes of Syria that proves beyond any doubt the purity and high rank of the Tahawy horses. Al-Khamsa's exceptional recognition of the few remaining horses (as a quick measure before amending their bylaws to include them in the roster) reflects their understanding of the value of these horses and the criticality of their state and of the necessity to preserve them before their lines are lost forever! We really hope the EAO and WAHO will join force with Al-Khamsa in its initiative and take another historical decision to recognize these horses to save them and also allow the world to benefit from their fresh new desert blood.

Yasser

Yasser -- I hope so too. Based upon the level of enthusiasm and real joy with which those in Al Khamsa took this step, I think it is fair to say that the Tahawys have a large and very passionate group here in the USA cheering for their continued success in having these horses recognized and appreciated worldwide.
Caryn Rogosky

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Sep 28 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (Yasser Ghanim El-Tahawy @ Sep 27 2011, 01:21 PM) *

Yasser

There was a great deal of happiness around that board table (and I think, a small tear in many eyes) when the vote was unanimous both to include the three original mares AND to approve the standing rule to accept the 20 + remaining horses as horses of interest to Al Khamsa. This decision was taken very seriously, and with much hope that it will make a difference to the preservation of these lines which are important historically, as well as adding female lines which otherwise will be lost.
The Tahawi tribe, Berndt Radke, Edouard El Dahdah and Joe Ferris (and others) have worked very hard for a long time to document all of this and deserve HUGE kudos.
It is my personal hope that this is will be a new beginning for these horses. Congratulations to all involved.
Cathy Rochon.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Sep 28 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Sorry......double post.
C

+Quote Post
Yasser Ghanim El...
post Sep 29 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Sep 28 2011, 07:54 PM) *
There was a great deal of happiness around that board table (and I think, a small tear in many eyes)

Thanks dear Cathy .. yes, there were tears in many eyes. A few years ago we thought this great heritage was lost forever. We were only hoping for documenting this history for the future generations to know about it. But then we found sincere horse lovers like you all who encouraged us to continue working until we reached this great result. We still have a lot to do until these horses get what they deserve.

Yasser

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Sep 29 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Yasser Ghanim El-Tahawy @ Sep 29 2011, 03:45 AM) *
Thanks dear Cathy .. yes, there were tears in many eyes. A few years ago we thought this great heritage was lost forever. We were only hoping for documenting this history for the future generations to know about it. But then we found sincere horse lovers like you all who encouraged us to continue working until we reached this great result. We still have a lot to do until these horses get what they deserve.

Yasser

Dear Yasser.......Peter Harrigan told us all about the book which is coming out soon that contains all of the information collected by Mr. Berndt Radke.. I think this will also help people who are interested to understand these horses better. I am really looking forward to recieving my copy. (orfered already, LOL )
Cathy

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Sep 29 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Sep 29 2011, 05:09 PM) *
Dear Yasser.......Peter Harrigan told us all about the book which is coming out soon that contains all of the information collected by Mr. Berndt Radke.. I think this will also help people who are interested to understand these horses better. I am really looking forward to recieving my copy. (orfered already, LOL )
Cathy

Wait a minute. There is a book which can be ordered ? Could you elaborate further ? I would like to order this book.
Besides. The Tahawy need a Logo on their studbook. Had a few of intros on my mind since the 1980's. But I guess they do have their own ideas already.
Plse. let me ask for you to publish distributing seller openly, if you may ?

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Sep 29 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (M.D. @ Sep 29 2011, 10:26 AM) *
Wait a minute. There is a book which can be ordered ? Could you elaborate further ? I would like to order this book.
Besides. The Tahawy need a Logo on their studbook. Had a few of intros on my mind since the 1980's. But I guess they do have their own ideas already.
Plse. let me ask for you to publish distributing seller openly, if you may ?

The book will be called "The World of the Tahawi Bedouin and their Pure Bred Arabian Horses" by Kirsten and Bernd Ratke. It will be coming out in November of this year, and will be available from Medina Publishing. in the UK. It can be ordered now for a pre publication price. I am not sure if I am allowed to put a contact email here or not, but if it is a problem, the moderators can remove it.
For further info, contact kittycarruthers@blueyonder.co.uk
Cathy

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Sep 29 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Sep 29 2011, 07:36 PM) *
The book will be called "The World of the Tahawi Bedouin and their Pure Bred Arabian Horses" by Kirsten and Bernd Ratke. It will be coming out in November of this year, and will be available from Medina Publishing. in the UK. It can be ordered now for a pre publication price. I am not sure if I am allowed to put a contact email here or not, but if it is a problem, the moderators can remove it.
For further info, contact kittycarruthers@blueyonder.co.uk
Cathy

Thank you for surprising me with your answer. I have anticipated this portal to open, since I was young, and finally reveal what seems to be missing in some of even todays most famous pedigrees, that are still sporting white blank spaces. Maybe, we recieve the missing links and answer to all the questions , now. It is a gift.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Sep 30 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

[tried to load a scan of the brochure for this book but it wouldn't post. I could email it to you if you PM me your email adress.....
Cathy
Edited to add.......I have just been told that the date for the release of this book has been pushed back to May of 2012 because of so much new information coming out now, which will be added. I think it will be a fascinating read.
C

+Quote Post
jillerisman
post Oct 1 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 4689

QUOTE (Yasser Ghanim El-Tahawy @ Sep 27 2011, 05:46 PM) *

It was an honor to be part of this historic second vote,
and I sincerely thank Edouard, Joe Ferriss, Hansi, Bernd Radke
and all those who contributed. If one is interested in the history
of Egyptian Arabians, then it will greatly serve one to take a look
at the Tahawi horses. WOW!

I'm still cheering!

Jill

+Quote Post
Yasser Ghanim El...
post Oct 6 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (jillerisman @ Oct 1 2011, 05:11 AM) *
It was an honor to be part of this historic second vote,
and I sincerely thank Edouard, Joe Ferriss, Hansi, Bernd Radke
and all those who contributed. If one is interested in the history
of Egyptian Arabians, then it will greatly serve one to take a look
at the Tahawi horses. WOW!

I'm still cheering!

Thanks Jill. We value the support we had from you all and we are looking forward to having your help to let all Arabian horse lovers around the world know about these precious and rare horses and join our effort in preserving them.

Yasser

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 11:04
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.