This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pedigree Research, Any Good Sources?
classicarab
post Nov 15 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3036

Hello all!

I'm glad to see the forum up again! I've tried several times in the past to view here and nothing ever came up sad.gif I had a question that I'm sure some of you would have an answer to. I don't own my arabian anymore and have grown sad because I miss my boy that I used to have and know that I'd just be of a hindrance if I asked his new owners if I could visit him, so I've been busying myself with research and knowledge of the arabians as a breed and dreaming of the day where I could afford one again rolleyes.gif

So, on to my question: Is there some where online or perhaps (an easy to obtain) books where I could hone my knowledge of arabian pedigrees at? I know a little, but not as much as I'd like dry.gif

Anyway, anything would help. I definitely need something to focus on to get my mind of this rat race called my life lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Nov 15 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (classicarab @ Nov 14 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Hello all!

I'm glad to see the forum up again! I've tried several times in the past to view here and nothing ever came up sad.gif I had a question that I'm sure some of you would have an answer to. I don't own my arabian anymore and have grown sad because I miss my boy that I used to have and know that I'd just be of a hindrance if I asked his new owners if I could visit him, so I've been busying myself with research and knowledge of the arabians as a breed and dreaming of the day where I could afford one again rolleyes.gif

So, on to my question: Is there some where online or perhaps (an easy to obtain) books where I could hone my knowledge of arabian pedigrees at? I know a little, but not as much as I'd like dry.gif

Anyway, anything would help. I definitely need something to focus on to get my mind of this rat race called my life lol

One excellent source is the Al Khamsa website. The online roster has hundreds of pedigrees, and tons of information and history, and it is all free. The site is at www.alkhamsa.org .
If you are interested in aquiring arabian horse books, abebooks.com has all kinds of used ones for very reasonable prices usually (and of course, some that are horribly expensive too, LOL )
There is a thread on here from some time ago where we discussed all sorts of books. I will see if I can find it and bump it up for you.
Cathy

+Quote Post
classicarab
post Nov 15 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Nov 15 2011, 10:07 AM) *
One excellent source is the Al Khamsa website. The online roster has hundreds of pedigrees, and tons of information and history, and it is all free. The site is at www.alkhamsa.org .
If you are interested in aquiring arabian horse books, abebooks.com has all kinds of used ones for very reasonable prices usually (and of course, some that are horribly expensive too, LOL )
There is a thread on here from some time ago where we discussed all sorts of books. I will see if I can find it and bump it up for you.
Cathy

I will check both website out, thanks a bunch smile.gif

+Quote Post
Seglawiyat
post Nov 15 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 39963

Just go to www.alkhamsa.org and click on "Roster" where you can find hundreds, thousands of pedigrees of Al Khamsa eligible horses and their ancestors. There is information about tail female original mares and tail male original stallions as well.

+Quote Post
classicarab
post Nov 16 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Seglawiyat @ Nov 15 2011, 06:56 PM) *
Just go to www.alkhamsa.org and click on "Roster" where you can find hundreds, thousands of pedigrees of Al Khamsa eligible horses and their ancestors. There is information about tail female original mares and tail male original stallions as well.

okay, thanks. I will definitely check that out come the weekend smile.gif Besides, I never have anything fun to do tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:21
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.