This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Laheeb Location & Breeding Question, Laheeb Location & Breeding Question
Marsina
post Jan 2 2012, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1430

Can someone remind me where in the US Laheeb is located? Does anyone know if he is still breeding and if they allow live breeding and what the stud fee might be for an SE mare?

I have a Shaikh Al Badi granddaughter who is super athletic, has the heart of a champion and I would like to breed her this year. I read about and was interested in Laheeb but do any of you other breeders have other suggestions? We're located in N. Texas. Here is a link to some pictures of her from a Dressage show in Dec 2011 - traner is Peter Lichau and Marsinas Amira #463 is my girl smile.gif!!! She looks gorgeous thanks to Peter!! http://tcage1.smugmug.com/DallasDressageCl...5308333_DJ9vTVC

Thank You!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsina
post Jan 2 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #2

I forgot to add that a breeding would have to be to an SE stallion and a live breeding.

+Quote Post
ArleneMagid
post Jan 2 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34891

Laheeb is back in Israel, has been for some time. He stands at Ariela Arabians. You might try contacting them to see if they can offer you frozen semen.

+Quote Post
Marsina
post Jan 3 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #4

Can anyone give suggestions to other stallions?

+Quote Post
Jmarcan
post Jan 4 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 564

There was an impressive-looking Laheeb son advertised in the December Arabian Horse World at Lyday Farms and I have also been impressed by pictures of his grandson Jadoube Ibn Lahab. If you like the bloodline, start 'googling' with the name of the stallion and the characteristics you are looking for....

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Jan 4 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I have seen him in person, he's very impressive.

+Quote Post
hadiehminallah
post Jan 5 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1318

QUOTE (Marsina @ Jan 2 2012, 05:51 AM) *
Can someone remind me where in the US Laheeb is located? Does anyone know if he is still breeding and if they allow live breeding and what the stud fee might be for an SE mare?

I have a Shaikh Al Badi granddaughter who is super athletic, has the heart of a champion and I would like to breed her this year. I read about and was interested in Laheeb but do any of you other breeders have other suggestions? We're located in N. Texas. Here is a link to some pictures of her from a Dressage show in Dec 2011 - traner is Peter Lichau and Marsinas Amira #463 is my girl smile.gif!!! She looks gorgeous thanks to Peter!! http://tcage1.smugmug.com/DallasDressageCl...5308333_DJ9vTVC

Thank You!

Hi Marsina,
If you are interested in breeding for Dressage, there is a wonderful straight Egyptian stallion with phenomenol movement, size and bone in Phoenix, owned by Tracy Moen.
His name is Rashad Nefuso RSI. Search his name on this forum site and you will find descriptions and photos of him.
He was formerly owned by Hubert Fillmore of California. He died this past summer. His family should be able to give you a contact, or possibly other members of the forum will know.
Linda

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jan 5 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (hadiehminallah @ Jan 5 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Hi Marsina,
If you are interested in breeding for Dressage, there is a wonderful straight Egyptian stallion with phenomenol movement, size and bone in Phoenix, owned by Tracy Moen.
His name is Rashad Nefuso RSI. Search his name on this forum site and you will find descriptions and photos of him.
He was formerly owned by Hubert Fillmore of California. He died this past summer. His family should be able to give you a contact, or possibly other members of the forum will know.
Linda

This is an excellent advice.

Here's more: www.horsedealer.com/viewlisting.php?view=102

w. description by the excellent Mrs. Hansi H.-Melnick. The date of this report and now expired advertisement added was April 19,2011, but equally valid in the present sense.
I would choose him, too.

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jan 5 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Marsina @ Jan 2 2012, 04:51 AM) *

Thank You!

On the other hand you would want something close and possibly Live Cover,right ?

I just found you have three wonderful farms located close, by you. Maybe you could look into giving them a call after you looked at your option for a short while. You also have to prepare your mare and would want advice by these owners.If they have time.
Dogwood Springs Arabians; AA Arabians and Falconwood Legacy Bloodstock. These horses are also very beautiful. Baccarat looks phantastic.

+Quote Post
PGD
post Jan 6 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #10

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3102

By virtue of traveling to many farms as part of my work, and having had first-time experience with the farms/breeders/stallions mentioned here (apart from Rashad Nefuso RSI) and many more in Texas, I can personally recommend several SE breeders and/or their stallions (for whatever my personal recommendation is worth! lol) in North and Central Texas:

Jerel Kerby of Dogwood Springs in Hughes Springs, Texas, is a very nice fellow who seems to go out of his way to try to help others in the business. I don't know if he still stands a SE stallion, but he does have some very nice mares and foals that are definitely worth visiting, along with Jerel. smile.gif

Cheryl and Karl Balmer in Crockett, Texas, stand two of Carol Rice's straight Egyptian stallions. One is a son of the late, great Anaza El Farid and the other is a son of the imported *Simeon Sachi.

*Mishaal HP (by Ansata Sinan) stands at Arabians LTD in Waco, not far from Ft. Worth. There are some other nice stallions there too. It is, of course, the home of Thee Desperado.

Someone has already mentioned Lyday Farm at Honey Grove, not far from you. Everything I know about the Fernandez crew tells me they are good, honest people to deal with, and they have some very interesting young stallions.

I believe Mauri Chase of Chase Arabians is still up at Aubrey, Texas - not far from Ft. Worth at all, and she knows what she's doing, having produced international champions.

Wayne and Keitha Adams in Mabank, Texas stand one of the few Ansata Sinan sons in the country, and they also have the only son of *El Khaled (Ansata Sinan x Shahirs Abriel) in this country. I know their horses better than I know them, but they seem very nice.

Longtime breeders Sue Burnham of Hope Farm and Tom Patterson and Mike Albertini of Blu Farm Egyptians are in south Arkansas - not that far from Ft. Worth, and they stand some very well-bred Ansata/Gleannloch/Imperial-bred stallions. Sue, Tom, and Mike are extremely knowledgeable horsemen and breeders and would be a great source of honest, unbiased advice about breeding stallions for your mare. They also have known most of the SE breeders of the last several decades. smile.gif

For more good, honest, experienced and unbiased advice regarding stallions that might cross well with your mare, you should definitely pay a visit to Kehilan Arabians just outside Fort Worth, Texas. They don't stand their stallions to outside mares, but Becky and Janice are a wealth of information about Egyptian horses as they have known many of even the oldest SE families first-hand and even had *Sultann for his last several years.

There are tons of really well-bred SE stallions with experienced, knowledgeable and honest owners in south Texas, should you decide to branch out in your search. smile.gif Carol Maginn of Bear Creek Ranch in Lockhart stands a variety of top quality SE stallions - some of them here for a limited time from overseas. Marilyn Lang of Fantasia Arabians is in Sealy, Texas - again, nice stallions, and Marilyn is a great source of honest advice and experience with SE horses. Susan Glibert of Summerlan Arabians in Magnolia, Texas, has a very promising looking young Iimperial Al Kamar son at stud. There are many more down south. If you need names, just ask. smile.gif

I would agree that Jadoube Ibn Laheeb is a handsome, well-conformed, and athletic *Al Lahab son, and he is in Tennessee. i know both his owner, Debra Geiser, and the people at Rakis Arabians, where he stands at stud, to be honest, experienced, and well respected. I believe they do live cover, though you would need to ship your mare to Tennessee.

Whoever you ultimately decide to deal with, I would encourage you to do your homework and check breeding contracts very carefully. Good luck to you in finding the proper mate for your mare!

Nancy Pierce

+Quote Post
ArleneMagid
post Jan 6 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 34891

When I recently did a mating consult for a straight Egyptian dressage mare, I recommended the U.S. Top Ten Sport Horse Show Hack Masada Mazal, who is straight Babson breeding, for her.

Here is a link to his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYCh7xWYo8

And here is a link to an article about him:

http://www.pyramidsociety.org/article/masa...horse-nationals

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jan 6 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Marsina @ Jan 2 2012, 04:51 AM) *

Thank You!

I t is exhilarating, isn't it ? You can form your own opinion ,of course. This is a journey full of excitement.You can travel at your own speed. And your mare is really pretty to look at.

I just wanted to say: Last Poster is dancin' on the rooftops with this one. And rightfully so. Couldn't 've picked a better example. If one wanted to compare Masada Masal-and similar horses of slightly,or more pronounced different lineages, of that sort like this: you could compare him with a six to eight-Star hotel ,too.

M + M obviously harbors multiple honors. In combinations recommendable: Babson Egyptian and others *, Heirloom.Blue List eligible; Sheyk Obeyd; Non Nazeer; and performance related. Not to speak of pedigree , character and conformationally sound ,according to accounts.
A combination par excellance to boot.If you take the term "Outcross" and convert it into the term "incross", you could have not come any closer to the truth when you look at at the choices provided.

All these different types are old lines and are the foundation of today's modern SE, within the last centuries of a fifty to a hundred and eighty -year development with many different Arabian horse "Family Tribes".

It really is about your mare and her pedigree combination, her abilities ( I think I need stronger glasses when I am using a magnifying glass) laugh.gif , her conformation ,e.c.t. and what result you want out of a certain combination.

Good luck.

I

+Quote Post
Clothilde
post Jan 7 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1120

For me Laheeb does not really stand at public stud... His foals are so expensive and rare.
There is Al Raheeb in the US now, very nice Laheeb son.I think he is in California.

+Quote Post
Marsina
post Jan 15 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Thank you SO MUCH everyone...my journey has begun...!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:34
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.