This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone Know Yashmak-related Stallions?, Breeding advice -- Rashad Ibn Nazeer? Yashmak?
Mary K
post Jan 17 2012, 02:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40737

I am interested in breeding my talented, focused endurance mare Maui's Independence. I want to come as close as humanly possible to replicating her! Her father is Domminno. Her mother is Layla Gamirah. I discovered photos of her great-great granddam Layllany and great-great grandsire Rashad Ibn Nazeer and nearly fell off my chair: they are her! His dam Yashmak seems to be the source of the conformation I'm hoping to build on--well, her line anyway. Just from surfing allbreedpedigree photos it seems to me that Nazeer isn't the source so much as Yashmak. Most of Yashmak's offspring look like Rashad Ibn Nazeer: leggy, medium build, a little high in the croup, hind legs a bit straight--an overall effect of a lot of leg under a short, efficiently-built body that is neither bulky nor whispy. Their necks aren't snaky or bulldoggish. I think the word "plain" puts it best. I love that look! Even their faces are all a bit plain. I was assuming it all came from Yashmak until I saw the photo of Layllany and had to pick myself up again. That cross between Layllany and Rashad Ibn Nazeer must have created some sort of genetic bullet that zoomed right down to Indy.

Any advice and educational comments from people willing to look up my girl's pedigree would be very much appreciated. I found a likely looking stallion in Germany who is an intense cross of Rashad Ibn Nazeer, but I cannot locate the owner since I'm not able to speak German. His name is Faraag Allah. I google-translated the website but found only phone numbers and am too embarrassed to call--particularly as my last name is Krauss and I OUGHT to be able to speak German ;-)

I've been searching databases and am getting overwhelmed. The Sporthorse directory has an interesting way of showing a horse's progeny which pretty much sends one out into a whole galaxy of possibilities.

Help!

Thank you,
Mary K.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 08:45
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.