This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Know Yashmak-related Stallions?, Breeding advice -- Rashad Ibn Nazeer? Yashmak?
Mary K
post Jan 17 2012, 02:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40737

I am interested in breeding my talented, focused endurance mare Maui's Independence. I want to come as close as humanly possible to replicating her! Her father is Domminno. Her mother is Layla Gamirah. I discovered photos of her great-great granddam Layllany and great-great grandsire Rashad Ibn Nazeer and nearly fell off my chair: they are her! His dam Yashmak seems to be the source of the conformation I'm hoping to build on--well, her line anyway. Just from surfing allbreedpedigree photos it seems to me that Nazeer isn't the source so much as Yashmak. Most of Yashmak's offspring look like Rashad Ibn Nazeer: leggy, medium build, a little high in the croup, hind legs a bit straight--an overall effect of a lot of leg under a short, efficiently-built body that is neither bulky nor whispy. Their necks aren't snaky or bulldoggish. I think the word "plain" puts it best. I love that look! Even their faces are all a bit plain. I was assuming it all came from Yashmak until I saw the photo of Layllany and had to pick myself up again. That cross between Layllany and Rashad Ibn Nazeer must have created some sort of genetic bullet that zoomed right down to Indy.

Any advice and educational comments from people willing to look up my girl's pedigree would be very much appreciated. I found a likely looking stallion in Germany who is an intense cross of Rashad Ibn Nazeer, but I cannot locate the owner since I'm not able to speak German. His name is Faraag Allah. I google-translated the website but found only phone numbers and am too embarrassed to call--particularly as my last name is Krauss and I OUGHT to be able to speak German ;-)

I've been searching databases and am getting overwhelmed. The Sporthorse directory has an interesting way of showing a horse's progeny which pretty much sends one out into a whole galaxy of possibilities.

Help!

Thank you,
Mary K.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GNorman
post Jan 17 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2078

There is a double Rashad Ibn Nazeer stallion in Texas named Mon Amir BWA. His paternal brother has an excellent 2010 record in endurance (in France) with good heart rates.
http://roster.alkhamsa.org/pedigrees/M/Mon...r_BWA04e62.HTML

Look for Whisper Winds Arabians.

Where are you located?

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jan 18 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

Hello Mary,

I love these kinds of questions because it gives me an excuse to go pedigree exploring along the paths taken by other breeders, past and present. I would like to see a photo of your mare, if you don’t mind. She has an interesting pedigree, for sure. Personally, I don’t see much Yashmak coming through on the paperwork. However, from what you’ve described, you probably can’t go wrong in looking for descendants of *Rashad Ibn Nazeer. These descendants are often referred to as a group as Pritzlaff. The Pritzlaff horses are probably best known for producing strong, athletic offspring. Many folks think they are quite beautiful and true to the old Desert type, as well. There are several breeders around who specialize in these lines and many others who incorporate them.

What I see in your mare’s pedigree as possibly being the most influencing are the old Syrian lines imported by Davenport, the Hamidie Society and the Hearst family. I also see some Babson – those wonderful lines of Prince Mohammed Ali coming from *Fadl and the Saudi mare, *Turfa. Your mare’s tail female goes to the famous war mare, *Wadduda, who was one of the foundation mares of the current Davenport group.

You may want to consider at least three choices – in no particular order. 1) Pritzlaff lines, which usually contain high percentages of *Rashad Ibn Nazeer. 2) Davenport lines, which would emphasize the Syrian blood. 3) Babson lines, which usually contain high percentages of *Fadl. They all have something very special to offer. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mary K
post Jan 18 2012, 03:56 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (GNorman @ Jan 17 2012, 07:31 PM) *
There is a double Rashad Ibn Nazeer stallion in Texas named Mon Amir BWA. His paternal brother has an excellent 2010 record in endurance (in France) with good heart rates.
http://roster.alkhamsa.org/pedigrees/M/Mon...r_BWA04e62.HTML

Look for Whisper Winds Arabians.

Where are you located?

Thank you for the tip--I'll google him :-) I live north of Seattle. My lovely mare is rehabbing from a torn ligament (pasture accident). We decided this would be an excellent breeding window.

Mary K

+Quote Post
Mary K
post Jan 18 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jan 18 2012, 03:06 AM) *
Hello Mary,

I love these kinds of questions because it gives me an excuse to go pedigree exploring along the paths taken by other breeders, past and present. I would like to see a photo of your mare, if you don’t mind. She has an interesting pedigree, for sure. Personally, I don’t see much Yashmak coming through on the paperwork. However, from what you’ve described, you probably can’t go wrong in looking for descendants of *Rashad Ibn Nazeer. These descendants are often referred to as a group as Pritzlaff. The Pritzlaff horses are probably best known for producing strong, athletic offspring. Many folks think they are quite beautiful and true to the old Desert type, as well. There are several breeders around who specialize in these lines and many others who incorporate them.

What I see in your mare’s pedigree as possibly being the most influencing are the old Syrian lines imported by Davenport, the Hamidie Society and the Hearst family. I also see some Babson – those wonderful lines of Prince Mohammed Ali coming from *Fadl and the Saudi mare, *Turfa. Your mare’s tail female goes to the famous war mare, *Wadduda, who was one of the foundation mares of the current Davenport group.

You may want to consider at least three choices – in no particular order. 1) Pritzlaff lines, which usually contain high percentages of *Rashad Ibn Nazeer. 2) Davenport lines, which would emphasize the Syrian blood. 3) Babson lines, which usually contain high percentages of *Fadl. They all have something very special to offer. smile.gif

Thank you for the succinct overview! You packed a great deal into a couple of paragraphs! I know Yashmak and Rashad Ibn Nezeer are not present as a high percentage of Indy's pedigree, but Rashad's phenotype is eerily like hers. I will try to find a representative photo of Indy, but, honest, she looks just like the photos of him in the "American Sons of Nazeer" article that pops up when one googles his name.

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jan 18 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

Mary, you may already know this, but I'll mention it just in case...this site has hundreds, if not thousands of photos. Just click on "Photos and Pedigrees" on the top bar and then select "Browse Pictures". There you will find a box to enter horse names, or you can select by the letter of the alphabet the horse name starts with. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mary K
post Jan 19 2012, 06:34 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jan 18 2012, 07:57 PM) *
Mary, you may already know this, but I'll mention it just in case...this site has hundreds, if not thousands of photos. Just click on "Photos and Pedigrees" on the top bar and then select "Browse Pictures". There you will find a box to enter horse names, or you can select by the letter of the alphabet the horse name starts with. smile.gif

Thank you for the tip--there is a photo of Rashad Ibn Nazeer there.
Mary K

+Quote Post
Seglawiyat
post Jan 19 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 39963

Mary it looks like you are located in Washington, you might be in contact with either Sheila Harmon or Jan Ferraro in Idaho. Both have been long time breeders of Pritzlaff horses and could direct you to some in your general area. Best of luck!

+Quote Post
theedestinee
post Jan 20 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7563

Hi Mary,
We do shipped semen on Mon Amir BWA. If you are interested in him you can email me at jennifer@whisperwindsarabians.com. Mon Amir has a wonderful tempermant and produced two wonderful babies for me this past year. I also have two more coming this year. I am attaching a photo of his chestnut colt for you to see and another photo of Mon Amir for you to see.
Thanks,
Jennifer
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
GNorman
post Jan 20 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (theedestinee @ Jan 20 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Hi Mary,
We do shipped semen on Mon Amir BWA. If you are interested in him you can email me at jennifer@whisperwindsarabians.com. Mon Amir has a wonderful tempermant and produced two wonderful babies for me this past year. I also have two more coming this year. I am attaching a photo of his chestnut colt for you to see and another photo of Mon Amir for you to see.
Thanks,
Jennifer

I think he brings forward the best qualities the Pritzlaff horses were known for but the strengths of the Babson and the beauty of the Ansata horses through Ansata El Alim. I also personally love his dam lines.

It slipped my mind but looking at the pedigree more in depth I recall now that Mon Amir is line bred *Rashad Ibn Nazeer and represents the blood of 6 different offspring.

His dam has 5 crosses making her line bred with her sire, SonietasSolar RSI bringing in the blood of these sons and daughters of *Rashad Ibn Nazeer: Shiko Ibn Sheikh, Monieta RSI, Sonieta, Alcibiades and her dam bringing in Grete! Mon Amir's sire is tail female RSI Sara by Rashad Ibn Nazeer.

His sire is 50% Babson as well.

+Quote Post
Mary K
post Jan 20 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #11

I reviewed his pedigree--wow--rashad/yashmak just keeps on coming!

+Quote Post
GNorman
post Jan 21 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Mary K @ Jan 20 2012, 09:01 PM) *
I reviewed his pedigree--wow--rashad/yashmak just keeps on coming!

wink.gif There are not a lot of Arabian horses any more with this breeding. His dam (now deceased) did produce several offspring that were exported to the UK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:51
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.