This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mashhour, (Shahloul x Bint Rustem)
Dieter
post Jan 27 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1086

Greetings,

I am interested in learning more about Mashhour and am hoping someone reading this will have full body photos of him. There is a full body photo of him at http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mashhour as a gangly 2 year old, but am interested in seeing one of him as a mature stallion.

Thank you in advance! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nasser
post Jan 27 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2921

Attached Image
QUOTE (Dieter @ Jan 27 2012, 03:25 PM) *
Greetings,

I am interested in learning more about Mashhour and am hoping someone reading this will have full body photos of him. There is a full body photo of him at http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mashhour as a gangly 2 year old, but am interested in seeing one of him as a mature stallion.

Thank you in advance! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jan 27 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nasser @ Jan 27 2012, 10:01 AM) *

Attached Image

Thank you very much for the photo Nasser - he is a very good looking horse for sure. smile.gif

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jan 27 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (Dieter @ Jan 27 2012, 05:22 PM) *
Thank you very much for the photo Nasser - he is a very good looking horse for sure. smile.gif

Dear Liz

I still have here Mashhour's grand son SERENITY MAMLOUK (1979) ALMOST 34YEARS OLD AND DOING WELL.
hE IS A MILE FLAT RACE WINNER, defeating first time out the undefeated "Republica".

I have still strong concentrated blood here of that great stallion. Mashhour raced to age 17 I was told,, than was bought by Dr Valeri Noli in South Africa, in 1958 and she rode him even through the Kalahari until age 23 and jumped him too,..

His other grandson Serenity IbnKhofo is an undefeated flat racer and trained to Grand Prix in Dressage. He died 2 yeas ago. His full brother Serenity Habib was leased by Marbach Stud,Germany for three season and is still doing well to what I heard. All produced true to form.

I have here 2 truly outstanding Serenity Mamlouk sons, Serenity Muhammid and Serenity Mamzali
and some of S.Muhammid's get. These horses are in my opinion "flying machines"
extremely correct, stamina, courage and speed. Ray Ellis has Serenity Mazal, full brother to Mamzali.

Mashhour produced 7 daughters and 4 sons. due to his heavy racing carere. Noha (1958) is Egypt's Dancing champion one year and a race champion. His son Seef is a race champion. Hayam was imported by Doug Marshall and is a Halter and W/Pleasure champion. She was in my quarantine in 1970, also a flying machine. Ghazlahh (1951) was imported by Gleanloch and never had a foal here, a georgeous mare. Sf Bint Mamlouka was imported by me in 1970 and became one of our best producing mare. The lenghth of stride she had, she put on to her produce..This means four of his precious daughters came to the USA.

Some people never noticed "Mahhour" and concentrated on other lines. I feel most fortunate that I paid great attantion.
Mahhour died in 1962.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Hansi

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jan 28 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (HLM @ Jan 27 2012, 12:34 PM) *
Dear Liz

I still have here Mashhour's grand son SERENITY MAMLOUK (1979) ALMOST 34YEARS OLD AND DOING WELL.
hE IS A MILE FLAT RACE WINNER, defeating first time out the undefeated "Republica".

I have still strong concentrated blood here of that great stallion. Mashhour raced to age 17 I was told,, than was bought by Dr Valeri Noli in South Africa, in 1958 and she rode him even through the Kalahari until age 23 and jumped him too,..

His other grandson Serenity IbnKhofo is an undefeated flat racer and trained to Grand Prix in Dressage. He died 2 yeas ago. His full brother Serenity Habib was leased by Marbach Stud,Germany for three season and is still doing well to what I heard. All produced true to form.

I have here 2 truly outstanding Serenity Mamlouk sons, Serenity Muhammid and Serenity Mamzali
and some of S.Muhammid's get. These horses are in my opinion "flying machines"
extremely correct, stamina, courage and speed. Ray Ellis has Serenity Mazal, full brother to Mamzali.

Mashhour produced 7 daughters and 4 sons. due to his heavy racing carere. Noha (1958) is Egypt's Dancing champion one year and a race champion. His son Seef is a race champion. Hayam was imported by Doug Marshall and is a Halter and W/Pleasure champion. She was in my quarantine in 1970, also a flying machine. Ghazlahh (1951) was imported by Gleanloch and never had a foal here, a georgeous mare. Sf Bint Mamlouka was imported by me in 1970 and became one of our best producing mare. The lenghth of stride she had, she put on to her produce..This means four of his precious daughters came to the USA.

Some people never noticed "Mahhour" and concentrated on other lines. I feel most fortunate that I paid great attantion.
Mahhour died in 1962.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Hansi

Dear Hansi,

Thank you so much for that information on Mashhour. I remember him being an integral part of your beautiful, yet performance oriented herd and see him in key positions in horses that strike me as beautiful athletes that are very well put together.

Mashhour came up in a discussion with another breeder about the beautiful bay *El Mareekh who died too young - a book unfinished. I noted in *El Mareekh his mother Rawayeh and his father's mother, Inas, were both paternal granddaughters of Nazeer and maternal granddaughters of Mashhour. This likely contributed to *El Mareekh's success as a sire (at least). Now with the wonderful photo that Nasser shared, i can see the likeness of Mashhour in *El Mareekh.

Would you mind if I share what you've written with my friend?

Thank you Hansi for taking the time to reply.

Kindest Regards and hugs,

Liz

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jan 28 2012, 03:24 AM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

QUOTE (Nasser @ Jan 27 2012, 08:01 AM) *

Attached Image

I'll add my thanks for this photo, Nasser. Look at the hock on that "bad boy"!! Wow!

Thanks for the topic, Liz. I've spent some of today in enjoyable research on this Hadban Enzahi. It is remarkable that a colt born in 1941 survived the War, much less live to a grand age. I may need Nasser to correct some assumptions here, but it would appear that Dr. Ahmed Mabrouk bred Shahloul to Bint Rustem, producing Mashhour. He was a nine-year-old when his first foal arrived in 1950. I will assume that General Von Szandtner made the breeding decisions, since he took over in 1949. The same year, 1950, the first foals of a sixteen-year-old stallion arrived - and stole the show for some time after. That stallion was Nazeer - tough competition, even for a horse as good as Mashhour. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nasser
post Jan 28 2012, 07:56 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2921

QUOTE (Dieter @ Jan 27 2012, 06:22 PM) *

You're welcome!

+Quote Post
jsimicek@msn.com
post Jan 28 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15000

I would love to see more pics and information on Mashour and Shahloul as well since this is a sire line we are perpetuating in our program. We also crossed back to the El Mareekh lines to bring back in more of this blood and have been very pleased with the results.

sandy

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jan 28 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Dieter @ Jan 28 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Dear Hansi,

Thank you so much for that information on Mashhour. I remember him being an integral part of your beautiful, yet performance oriented herd and see him in key positions in horses that strike me as beautiful athletes that are very well put together.

Mashhour came up in a discussion with another breeder about the beautiful bay *El Mareekh who died too young - a book unfinished. I noted in *El Mareekh his mother Rawayeh and his father's mother, Inas, were both paternal granddaughters of Nazeer and maternal granddaughters of Mashhour. This likely contributed to *El Mareekh's success as a sire (at least). Now with the wonderful photo that Nasser shared, i can see the likeness of Mashhour in *El Mareekh.

Liz

thanks, yes you are welcome to use under "quote".

take care
hansi

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jan 28 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Nasser @ Jan 28 2012, 08:56 AM) *
You're welcome!

Dear Nasser

thank you for that beautiful photo of Mashhour, indicating so well his conformation. Such you see in the Serenity horses todate, we are proud of. I have five or more of that line right here which we think are incredible, all are flying machines. As you know, my standards are high, always looking at the par excellent competition in stress performances internationally. Unfortunaly most of them will end up abroad.

I always feel that the combination of Mashhour, Nazeer, Antar,Sameh and El Nasser produce some of the finest specimen, beautiful and highly functional, provided they are produced through NATURAL BREEDING.

i ALSO ALWAYS FEEL THAT IT IS THE "SILHOUETTE" WHICH discribes a breed, regardless of what head is bred on to them. the true desert bred horse does not have a "fishhead" deeply concave with such small mussle that one can get barely a decent snaffle bit into them, and may have actually a straighter profile, but with a large jibba. They look unmistakenly "Arabian Horse".

Just wonder when some folks wake up, eh.

take care and again many thanks
Hansi

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jan 29 2012, 03:41 AM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (jsimicek@msn.com @ Jan 28 2012, 09:52 AM) *
I would love to see more pics and information on Mashour and Shahloul as well since this is a sire line we are perpetuating in our program. We also crossed back to the El Mareekh lines to bring back in more of this blood and have been very pleased with the results.

sandy

Have you tried any *Ibn Hafiza? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jan 30 2012, 01:46 AM
Post #12

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jan 27 2012, 10:24 PM) *
I'll add my thanks for this photo, Nasser. Look at the hock on that "bad boy"!! Wow!

Thanks for the topic, Liz. I've spent some of today in enjoyable research on this Hadban Enzahi. It is remarkable that a colt born in 1941 survived the War, much less live to a grand age. I may need Nasser to correct some assumptions here, but it would appear that Dr. Ahmed Mabrouk bred Shahloul to Bint Rustem, producing Mashhour. He was a nine-year-old when his first foal arrived in 1950. I will assume that General Von Szandtner made the breeding decisions, since he took over in 1949. The same year, 1950, the first foals of a sixteen-year-old stallion arrived - and stole the show for some time after. That stallion was Nazeer - tough competition, even for a horse as good as Mashhour. smile.gif

You're welcomed Ray . . . and thank you for the good research smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jan 30 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (jsimicek@msn.com @ Jan 28 2012, 11:52 AM) *

sandy

Hi Sandy,

Would love to see your El Mareekh crosses - I sure did like MFA Mareekh Amir a lot and what he did as a sire as well.

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jan 30 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #14

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dieter @ Jan 27 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Dear Hansi,

Liz

Hi Liz,

*El Mareekh was a very special stallion. I wish I could have seen him. Some of his story can be seen in his pedigree. In addition to the points you've made, his sire, Aseel, was an outcross. His dam, Rawayeh was a pure-in-strain Kuhaylan Rodan - which *El Mareekh so gloriously displayed.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jan 30 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jan 29 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Hi Liz,

*El Mareekh was a very special stallion. I wish I could have seen him. Some of his story can be seen in his pedigree. In addition to the points you've made, his sire, Aseel, was an outcross. His dam, Rawayeh was a pure-in-strain Kuhaylan Rodan - which *El Mareekh so gloriously displayed.

Attached Image

El Mareekh's mother, Rawayeh, was the result of breeding a paternal Shahloul granddaughter, Rhama, to a maternal Shahloul grandson, Alaa El Din. And, Rawayeh's father, Alaa El Din, and her mother, Rahma, were both from maternal grandchildren of Bint Rissala from the Rodania family. While Alaa El Din was by the Mansour son Nazeer, Rhama's mother Yashmak, was by the Mansour son Sheikh El Arab.

El Mareekh's father, Aseel, who's dam, Inas, was out of Ghazala, a paternal Shahloul granddaughter and a maternal Mansour granddaughter. Inas' sire, *Morafic was out of a maternal Shahloul granddaughter, Mabrouka, and sired by a Mansour son, Nazeer. Aseel's sire, Sameh was the son of El Moez was the result of breeding a Rabdan grandson, Ibn Fayda (via Ibn Rabdan), to a Rabdan granddaughter, Bint Zareefa. Ibn Rabdan's dam, Bint Gamila, was the result of breeding an El Sennari son to an El Sennari daughter.

In other words, El Mareekh's mother Rawayeh and his father's mother, Inas, were both paternal granddaughters of Nazeer and maternal granddaughters of Mashhour. They are very closely related. I have surmised, likely as have many others before me, that the strength of El Mareekh's pedigree comes through his dam and the dam of his sire. This method of breeding and balancing the blood of sire lines and mare lines is difficult to achieve. The RAS/EAO clearly are the fathers of the Egyptian Arabian horse ensuring it's quality for many generations to come.

Attached Image

El Mareekh

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:45
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.