This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ultimate Challenge, Reinventing the Wheel
Lil Buddha
post Feb 28 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31602

I am demanding of THE PYRAMID SOCIETY and the people who are responsible for protecting the straight EGYPTIAN HORSE to take a stand and finally defend Exochorda from the constant scrutiny and the questions created to cast doubt upon her. If it is true that you uphold the decision that was made long ago, by virtue of the definition of a straight Egyptian horse, then, please, I implore you to protect her from all of these questions that seem to go on and on and on, without end. How many more forums will this poor horse be diced and sliced up on, before someone is compelled to do anything???? How many more people, who like me, can't take it anymore? How many more people have to become disillusioned and walk away from the horse that they love, in total and absolute disgust???? This is heartbreaking!!!! I, for the life of me and everything that I have ever learned to be true, cannot understand the silence from the one group of people who were bound to protect and perpetuate the SE horse. I thought you all were different and I thought you all cared.

Ralph Suarez
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
barbara.gregory
post Feb 28 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 202

"can't take it anymore? How many more people have to become disillusioned and walk away from the horse that they love, in total and absolute disgust???? "

Love your horse just the same; he/she has no contro; over his/her breeding and is the same horse you have loved for years irrespective of what is said unless you are a commercial breeder when the monetary value counts.

Barbara

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Feb 29 2012, 01:36 AM
Post #3

Micky

Member No.: 1584

QUOTE (Lil Buddha @ Feb 28 2012, 01:45 AM) *
I am demanding of THE PYRAMID SOCIETY and the people who are responsible for protecting the straight EGYPTIAN HORSE to take a stand and finally defend Exochorda from the constant scrutiny and the questions created to cast doubt upon her. If it is true that you uphold the decision that was made long ago, by virtue of the definition of a straight Egyptian horse, then, please, I implore you to protect her from all of these questions that seem to go on and on and on, without end. How many more forums will this poor horse be diced and sliced up on, before someone is compelled to do anything???? How many more people, who like me, can't take it anymore? How many more people have to become disillusioned and walk away from the horse that they love, in total and absolute disgust???? This is heartbreaking!!!! I, for the life of me and everything that I have ever learned to be true, cannot understand the silence from the one group of people who were bound to protect and perpetuate the SE horse. I thought you all were different and I thought you all cared.

Ralph Suarez

Hi Ralph,
I hope you know that scores of breeders, all over the world, share your frustration and empatize with your exasperation over this problem. Unfortunately, the practice of starting and spreading rumors about the authenticity or qualifications of SE/AK/SO and/or Blue List horses has served some people very well in the past, on several levels. While that's nothing new, it is amazing that for nearly two decades, one person has been waging an unrelenting war against one horse -- continuously and perpetually denouncing her qualifications and authenticity.

Though it would be wonderful if someone could wave a wand and make it all stop for once and for all, I think that we have to keep in mind that the PS is unable to control the public speech of any private individual, especially one who is not even associated with that organization. Other than permanently revoking her membership and preventing her from ever again selling her books at the EE, steps already taken by the PS, I'm not sure what other sanctions could be applied.

On the other hand, the PS has always made it perfectly clear that Exochorda is now and always has been a SE Arabian horse through her inclusion in their original root stock list (of which I have a copy), through her listing in the only PS authorized index of SE Horses (Manual of Straight Egyptian Arabian Horses by Martha Murdoch), and by the fact that incredible horses from all over the world who descend from Exochorda are included as Straight Egyptians in all PS events and Reference books.

As long and arduous a task it is to counter a mass of misinformation such as it is, it can and will be done. Good things are on the horizon...have faith and be patient for a little while longer.

Thank you, Ralph, for your passion for honesty and for the honor of the Arabian horse
Caryn

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Feb 29 2012, 03:41 AM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 913

Dear Ralph and Caryn,

It is most certainly very kind of you both to stand up publicly and subject yourself to such negativity "For the Love of The Horse".

Last week I came to the forum - and after reading more evil words, I decided it really was not worth it.... I moped around for a few hours - honestly these posts suck the positive energy out of me. Then - a mare arrived at the farm - and I remembered why I am in this breed. The most incredible white angelic mare came to my farm to be bred and it was thrilling to see her trot around the paddock full of snort and blow. She put a spell on me. And then - I wasn't angry anymore about all the negative people and posts. And I remembered its not about the people - its about the horses. The mare made my day actually and I keep checking on her throughout the day to make sure she is still there. I felt emotionally moved just watching her for about 15 minutes. She brought my joy back. I wished I could buy her - but she is beyond my reach.

A good publisher friend of mine once gave me some advice... she said I shouldn't participate in the ugly threads and evil words because it would be better to focus on highlighting all the wonderful things people do for the breed and give them their spotlight that is due. I thought about it, I realized she was right. I think the only way to win - is to not get involved and let people steal your joy.

Thats really all I wanted to say - that we should spotlight the great things people do for the breed, and not give such attention to those who do harm. In the end - people will do what they choose, leaders will lead, followers will follow. And in the end who really cares? All that matters it the way you feel when you are with that special horse. Remember how you felt when you were 4 years old? Climbing up a horse bareback and being so exciting to actually get all the way up there? How you looked forward to that all day?? And now that we are 44 the thrill of actually buying the once in a lifetime mare or stallion? The horse you never thought would grace YOUR barn? Have you ever been moved to tears thinking how blessed you were to have a life with horses? Remember that feeling - and forget the rest - because that is really what counts.

God bless everyone and your horses,

Carol

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Feb 29 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Ralph,

I feel your loyalty to the breed, and think the PS does their best to educate, promote and to show the positive things about this breed. In fact last week the PS just organized a fantastic trip to the middle east where some breeders had never been before. This was a wonderful learning experience not to mention - a totally life changing experience for many. I was so sorry to have missed it. Is there a thread on this? I'll have to look...

So - remember it is not our responsibilities to fight off negative people or actions - God can sort that out, and he can help to change people's hearts as well. You must just pray for them.

Ralph - you are the best, and are admired greatly by many people - most especially myself. The positive things you bring to the breed are more then most full time breeders have been able to bring - because you are so good at communicating in your blog and from your heart. So take heart, and put on your rhinosaurus skin and keep emanating your wonderful positive spirit.

Carol

QUOTE (Lil Buddha @ Feb 27 2012, 06:45 PM) *

Ralph Suarez

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Feb 29 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Feb 28 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Dear Ralph and Caryn,

. And I remembered its not about the people - its about the horses.
God bless everyone and your horses,

Carol

Sooooooo true.
C

+Quote Post
Mr Prospector
post Feb 29 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 4001

Dear Ralph

I was not going to respond to any of this, I am so fed up with the whole scenario. It is as though three people have set out to tease, bait and entrap everyone in their silly game. There are too many people who seem willing to participate,not realising it is just a game to those people and not serious at all to them.

But I love your blog, I love how you so emotionally bring the horses to life for those of us who cannot see them, to help us envision what they are like and I thought, Ralph is such a dear person doing that, I hate that this negativity has bought him to make this plea, this cry of desperation.

Ralph, one of the first things you learn on the internet is DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. And that is all they really are. Keep on being positive, turn away more often from the negative and keep doing the great things you do...

Karen

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post Feb 29 2012, 03:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 28426

I would like to add some 'positive' for me and my family. I am talking about our horses.
Well I think I will start by saying we are taking Hey Baby to Arabian's Ltd. this weekend as she is due to foal on April 15th and is IFT Mishaal HP. I hope for a filly. HB has had a colt and then a filly last year by Mishaal and both are beautiful with the filly DSA Baby Dhall just hard to surpass. Baby Dhall was sold to Mr. Osman Linjawi and she will be shown at the EE this year.
We have DSA Sahara (Botswana x Renenet by The Gambler) filly at Arabian Expressions in Scottsdale in training for Arabian Breeders World Cup in Las Vegas in April.
We have DSA Jazz Dancer in training for this years EE with Cherly and Karl Balmer of C's Arabians. she is the first filly by simeon Sochain to be born in the U.S. and she is beautiful and has that coiled spring movement like 'pepe lepue' the skunk of cartoon fame. I was so impressed with her that I bred my youg Thee Desperado daughter DSA Thee Asseefah to him and that foal is due June 10th. She will be bred back to Bellagio RCA after she foals out at Arabian's Ltd.
My family (2 sons, 2 brothers and Pam) got to go on a 5 day trail riding trip in Tenn over Thanksgiving. My brothers and 2 boys camped out, the horses stayed in stalls and Pam stayed at the Park Lodge. Recently I had my 12 year old The Gambler daughter broke to ride and now I ride her. Our farrier who as well breaks horses (he uses the soft gentle method) told me up front that Renenet was probably at her age so set in her ways that she would not respond to being ridden, but I wanted he would try. Not only was she broke to ride, but he said in less than 30 days he was on her back giving her direction and she was responding wonderfully. He had her for just under 90 days. He is used to breaking other breeds and was not used to smart, responsive Arabians.
Last, but not least is the enjoyment daily of having our Arabians just at our farm. I know this is not the topic....or maybe it is what Carol was talking about....count your (our) blessings...enjoy and love your Arabians...appreciate the beauty and ancestry of other peoples Arabians (Carol was doing that because it was not even her mare that made her so happy)....celebrate the Arabian breed.....This is DSA Baby Dhall
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Feb 29 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

She's a lovely filly, Jerel.
Funny about your farrier saying that your mare likely wouldn't respond well to training at that age. Had the same experience here with a friend's horse that she wanted trained at 14 years old. The guy she took the mare to was used to training quarter horses and told her at first that the mare was way too old to start training, but in three weeks he was riding her and in two months, he said that it was as though she had been ridden all her life and he had never seen a horse catch on so fast and be so co-operative.He bought his first two arab mares shortly afterwards. A nine year old and a ten year old. Neither one trained, LOL.
Cathy

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Feb 29 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #10

Micky

What a beautiful girl! I've had the same sort of experiences, where these horses have proven that they are anything but "typical". Time and time again they prove that the equine professionals, be they trainers or vets, tend to underestimate their resiliance, stamina, intelligence and willingness to do whatever their human counterparts ask of them...at any age. The desert bred Arabian horse is unique amongst all other equines..

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Feb 29 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Caryn,

Ya want some good news? Guess who's tests results (2nd test results) came back and said that she was NOT cushionoid!!! YAY! So I'm going do do my best to get her a baby. Not only is that a blessing - its a miracle!

Carol

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Feb 29 2012, 10:33 AM) *
What a beautiful girl! I've had the same sort of experiences, where these horses have proven that they are anything but "typical". Time and time again they prove that the equine professionals, be they trainers or vets, tend to underestimate their resiliance, stamina, intelligence and willingness to do whatever their human counterparts ask of them...at any age. The desert bred Arabian horse is unique amongst all other equines..

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Feb 29 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #12

Gold Member
Group Icon

As for what people do for the love of the horse... check this article my parents sent me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...l#ixzz1ngQhk6vt

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post Feb 29 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr Prospector @ Feb 29 2012, 05:13 AM) *
Dear Ralph

Keep on being positive, turn away more often from the negative and keep doing the great things you do...

Karen

Right on!

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Feb 29 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #14

Micky

QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Feb 29 2012, 08:14 PM) *
Caryn,

Ya want some good news? Guess who's tests results (2nd test results) came back and said that she was NOT cushionoid!!! YAY! So I'm going do do my best to get her a baby. Not only is that a blessing - its a miracle!

Carol

Oh Carol, that is fabulous news! The power of joined prayer -- it is amazing.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Feb 29 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Feb 29 2012, 11:14 AM) *
Caryn,

Carol

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Feb 29 2012, 11:19 AM) *
Oh Carol, that is fabulous news! The power of joined prayer -- it is amazing.

Well, this sounds great, whatever it is, but you two......or at least one of you has to explain, LOL. What mare are you talking about?
Cathy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 18:16
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.