This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Romance Versa Reality, You comments please.
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 23 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #91

Micky

Group: Members
Member No.: 1584

What essential utilitarian work do your Arabians do daily, Hansi?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kimberli
post Mar 23 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 40600

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Mar 23 2012, 07:59 PM) *
In some places, under certain circumstanes they are...and that's why I included this exception in my statement -- but maybe you missed it:

Unless a horse is providing transportation, plowing fields, or doing some other kind of essential daily work
-- his performance is a matter of pleasure and sport, and nothing more.

As I've stated many times, my own herd sire -- a double Tuhotmos son, worked at cutting cattle on a ranch in Montana so I'm hardly unaware of this and other uses.

I think it was Wyoming Caryn, from the same ranch I got *Waheeb from. The same ranch were I trained *Waheeb to chase cows and bulls, which were his favorite cuz he liked a good fight.

Tut Tut was a favorite of John's to ride. He was sure of himself and was loved for his never give up attitude.

During round ups, cowboys would come from all over. Many with 4 or 5 horses for the day. They would fight over who got the Arabs because they knew that they would not have to change horses every couple of hours. It was a hoot.

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 23 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #93

Micky

QUOTE (Kimberli @ Mar 23 2012, 08:33 PM) *
I think it was Wyoming Caryn, from the same ranch I got *Waheeb from. The same ranch were I trained *Waheeb to chase cows and bulls, which were his favorite cuz he liked a good fight.

Tut Tut was a favorite of John's to ride. He was sure of himself and was loved for his never give up attitude.

During round ups, cowboys would come from all over. Many with 4 or 5 horses for the day. They would fight over who got the Arabs because they knew that they would not have to change horses every couple of hours. It was a hoot.

Yes, it was Wyoming Kim. I guess I just had Montana on my mind from Hansi's post. Our Tut Tut (we just called him Tut) was such a wonderful horse. Mark would often jump on him and ride him bareback through the mare pasture and he would not even look at them. Sweet, sweet sweet --and so gentle, but always the athlete as well. Like his sire, he was truly a "thread horse". We miss him so much.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Mar 23 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #94

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (Kimberli @ Mar 23 2012, 12:33 PM) *

Joanne Milne's place, right? I know several horses that came from there, and have a grand daughter of one of her mares, also double Tohotmos.

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Mar 23 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #95

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (HLM @ Mar 1 2012, 03:51 PM) *
We all know that the Arabian horse is the progenator of most all warmblood breeds. Over centuries Asil Arab blood was utlized to improve, stamina, easy keeping,endurance, speed etc, a DOING HORSE!.

While the Arabian horse is considered the most beautiful equine, that no other equine breed brings forth the intelligence and with it sensitivity, the love and affection for their owners, we must not forget these qualities
AND UTILIZE THEM WISELY.

The Bedus did not breed for horses to look at, to hug and kiss and adore, they bred for SURVIVAL, and their best were treasured highly. Only from these BEST they bred from, and their blood flows through the veins of our Arabians of today. How we handled this, is evident in many ways.

I always feel that turning these Arabians into PETS, GARDEN ORNAMENTS, turning many into mental and physical
retards is an insult to this sub-species. It stands to reason that at the time of the Bedus not every horse turned out to their liking as a DOING HORSE, or as a BREEDING HORSE, as it is today. Therefore careful grading should take place.
Horses which can not be considered special DOING HORSES, can easily be utlized as children horses, school horses
or pets in our pastures.There is nothing wrong with the latter at all. However, one can hardly consider these as breeding stock.

When we look back into the history of Eastern/Western nations, we notice that many a high commander, king or prince rode an Arabian horse into battle. Monuments of rider and horse are still visible in numerous countries.

I personally feel that ROMANCE does NOT belong in the breeding shed, but common sense should prevail.

How do you all feel about this?

Hansi

OMG ! Somebody wants to come running out there with a whip and scream: "Get out and freakin' work your horses you ol'e lazy German". ?!? ohmy.gif No offense. Maybe I'll wait until somebody else is 80. And go see this person and say: "Get out of your chair and get to work ? Are we a little stiff today ? Aww.That's pass . After the laps you will come off of." Maybe not ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 23 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #96

Micky

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Mar 23 2012, 09:42 PM) *
Joanne Milne's place, right? I know several horses that came from there, and have a grand daughter of one of her mares, also double Tohotmos.

Yes, it was Joanne Milne's Place. We also bought Anchor Hill Asala from her at the same time that we bought Tut. That mare was something. She produced a lovely colt by Tut, who we sold when he was a few years old. He was competing very sucessfully in Hunter-Jumper last I heard -- but gosh, he has to be twenty or so by now. God, time flies! A few years later we sold Asala to a friend who was local cowboy (by hobby,not profession), who just loved her to pieces and rode her just about every day of her life...and she lived to be over 30 years. Joanne had good horses.

+Quote Post
Kimberli
post Mar 23 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Mar 23 2012, 07:42 PM) *

Yes it was. I knew most of the horses there. Loved a lot of them..

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 23 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #98

Micky

QUOTE (Kimberli @ Mar 23 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Yes it was. I knew most of the horses there. Loved a lot of them..

Kim, do you remember Anchor Hill Asala?

+Quote Post
HLM
post Mar 23 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #99

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (M.D. @ Mar 23 2012, 08:48 PM) *
OMG ! Somebody wants to come running out there with a whip and scream: "Get out and freakin' work your horses you ol'e lazy German". ?!? ohmy.gif No offense. Maybe I'll wait until somebody else is 80. And go see this person and say: "Get out of your chair and get to work ? Are we a little stiff today ? Aww.That's pass . After the laps you will come off of." Maybe not ? laugh.gif

Are you OKay?

Hansi

+Quote Post
Kimberli
post Mar 23 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Mar 23 2012, 08:58 PM) *
Kim, do you remember Anchor Hill Asala?

Jo had so many barn names it was hard to know who the horses really were but I do remember a mare we call Sal. Do you think it could be the same mare?

I loved Spitty, who ended up being Amira Moniet...
And Bobby who was *Rababa imported from Egypt.
Prince who was actually BF Prince Halima

and of course my riding horse Nibbles a Waheeb daughter out of a Crabbit mare. never knew her real name.

This is one of the reasons I try (and rarely succeed) in not giving the horses barn names.

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 23 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #101

Micky

QUOTE (Kimberli @ Mar 23 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Jo had so many barn names it was hard to know who the horses really were but I do remember a mare we call Sal. Do you think it could be the same mare?

and of course my riding horse Nibbles a Waheeb daughter out of a Crabbit mare. never knew her real name.

This is one of the reasons I try (and rarely succeed) in not giving the horses barn names.

I don't know Kim, I don't remember Joanne referring to her as that, but it seems very possible. Asala was an Al Metrabbi daughter -- a gleaming purple chestnut; she was in foal to Tut when we got her. Spitty -- that's so funny! I know she called Amira Moniet "Spitfire" but never heard it shortened to Spitty. I do remember Prince but not Bobby. I guess none of them give a fig what their real names are, so long as they get plenty of food, water and good attention! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Mar 23 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #102

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kimberli @ Mar 23 2012, 01:57 PM) *

New *Rababaa well.....wonderful mare, and she has a son by Waheeb that is a corker. ( Ibn Waheeb, or Chip, as he is known) Also one by Tut Tut, Egyptian Sundownr ( Reggie) and that is the sire of my mare.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Mar 23 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #103

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (HLM @ Mar 23 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Are you OKay?

Hansi

LOL.......I wonder the same thing, Hansi.........

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Mar 23 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (HLM @ Mar 1 2012, 03:51 PM) *
We all know that the Arabian horse is the progenator of most all warmblood breeds. Over centuries Asil Arab blood was utlized to improve, stamina, easy keeping,endurance, speed etc, a DOING HORSE!.

While the Arabian horse is considered the most beautiful equine, that no other equine breed brings forth the intelligence and with it sensitivity, the love and affection for their owners, we must not forget these qualities
AND UTILIZE THEM WISELY.

The Bedus did not breed for horses to look at, to hug and kiss and adore, they bred for SURVIVAL, and their best were treasured highly. Only from these BEST they bred from, and their blood flows through the veins of our Arabians of today. How we handled this, is evident in many ways.

I always feel that turning these Arabians into PETS, GARDEN ORNAMENTS, turning many into mental and physical
retards is an insult to this sub-species. It stands to reason that at the time of the Bedus not every horse turned out to their liking as a DOING HORSE, or as a BREEDING HORSE, as it is today. Therefore careful grading should take place.
Horses which can not be considered special DOING HORSES, can easily be utlized as children horses, school horses
or pets in our pastures.There is nothing wrong with the latter at all. However, one can hardly consider these as breeding stock.

When we look back into the history of Eastern/Western nations, we notice that many a high commander, king or prince rode an Arabian horse into battle. Monuments of rider and horse are still visible in numerous countries.

I personally feel that ROMANCE does NOT belong in the breeding shed, but common sense should prevail.

How do you all feel about this?

Hansi

Yes. Everything is fine. Offbeat humor relating to somebody's response, is probably never a good thing on a forum. Sorry.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Mar 23 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #105

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (M.D. @ Mar 23 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Yes. Everything is fine. Offbeat humor relating to somebody's response, is probably never a good thing on a forum. Sorry.

No problem M.D., just did not get what you meant and what it referred to. So lets forget about it, okay

Hansi

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 13:58
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.