This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Successor's Direct Stallio Line In Marbach Of Hadban Enzahi, Gh
Teymur B
post Mar 17 2012, 04:53 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34170

Why there is no direct stallion line in Marbach of Hadban Enzahi, Gharib and Ghazal anymore? huh.gif

Hadban Enzahi - Moneef - no successor

Gharib - Nami - no successor

Ghazal - Saher - Munir - no successor

Stallions such as: Hadban Enzahi, Gharib and Saher, made Marbach yet known, was not a stallion of this Sire line good enough as Successor?

In other state studs in various countries such as: Poland, Ruslan, Spain and Turkey, the male lines have existed.

But, why not in Marbach?

Strange...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jmarcan
post Mar 18 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 564

I had hoped someone would pick up this thread....in Canada we have several stallions with Marbach sirelines still available but very rarely used. There is a *Kem Safir son in British Columbia ZAHI AL RAFIQ and I just discoved LM Morafic, a *Nihal son in southern Ontario. However the Gharib line stallion Driftwood Zultann in BC is, in my opinion, one of the undiscovered (and relatively unused) treasures of the Gharib line in North America. There are also a number of *Norus stallions in the US, both direct sons like Hadidi and El Shuja Wahid and several offspring of El Norus. However few are really being utilized effectively (JMO)....

I am also interested in how some of the newer Marbach guest stallions have produced....specifically Inshallah and Amurath Muntahi as my Amurath Baikal mare is related to both. I haven't seen pictures of any of the offspring of these two....curious to know if there are any stallion prospects from these stallions.

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Mar 18 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

I find it very hard to believe. Those lines have produced incredible horses in type, conformation, temperament, fertility, and movement. To loose them is to loose the foundation of our breed.

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Mar 18 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

EH Gamil (Gharib son) also was here in BC for many years, but there are so few SEs in this area that he was not used a great deal. He is now standing with Diane Acox in the US. Hope he gets more use with her than he did here. He is a WONDERFUL horse.
Cathy

+Quote Post
CAFRA Arabians
post Mar 18 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2775

I think that the mares of Marbach are so much inbred to Hadan Enzahi that it would be VERY difficult to use one of his successors in this herd. The same with Ghazal, who was a paternal brother to Hadban Enzahi.

For arround 200 years now allways NEW stallions have been used on the mares who where daughters of the famous chief sire in Marbach BEFORE.

+Quote Post
Teymur B
post Mar 19 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Dear @mckulley1

In Marbach i mean!!!..., sure in Germany we have many Stallion's from Hadban Enzahi and Gharib in direct male line...

But no any Stallion in direct Sire line from Hadban Enzahi, Gharib and Ghazal via Saher, succedeed it in Marbach.
It's a shame for Marbach...in my oppinion....

We have the two SE Stallion's "Musab and Nhadmi" in Marbach but they are from other Sireline's.

Nhamdi is from Serenity Habib

Musab is from NK Bol Bol

the other stallion's in Marbach is not Asil...there from the Sire line of Bayraktar...

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Mar 19 2012, 03:52 AM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Yes, of course we all know what you mean, for Marbach. And with out successors, you loose the ability to tap into the solidity that has produced quality horses over time. When someone wants "foundation" they go to the source. If these 200+ year old programs do not secure successors, they will just become another "fad" breeder.

As much as I love Poland, they have gotten far away from producing "seed" stock and more into producing "fad" stock. I can only hope that in a field somewhere they are keeping the "seeds" for producing down the road.

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Mar 19 2012, 03:54 AM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Here is EH Gamil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWuKDqKA6A

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Mar 19 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (mckulley1 @ Mar 18 2012, 08:54 PM) *

Thanx Amanda. I hadn't seen that before.
C

+Quote Post
Imke79
post Mar 19 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 5351

Personally, I have the feeling that Marbach may just have a different focus.
They have a mare herd that is very homogeneous and they have always used different stallions for their mares in the past centuries.
You could say: The mares and their families have always been the constant at Marbach. Not the sires and their lines.

Hadban Enzahi and Gharib left some very good sons - they could have kept them if they wanted to. But they did not.
And I don't think that this decision was based on on the poor quality of the male progeny.

+Quote Post
Teymur B
post Mar 19 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #11

Advanced Senior Member

Oh no...Marbach's error...they sold the best Horse's....

A Stallion like Norus, or Madkour I...and many other's...was Amazing...but, why sold?

Nami was not the best son of Gharib, sure...also Moneef was not the best son of Hadban Enzahi...

+Quote Post
karin
post Mar 19 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #12

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Absolutely right Ymke.

Hope you are fine.

Karin

+Quote Post
Teymur B
post Mar 20 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

The Marbach's broodmare band, bred by no better than other mare lines in several state studs of various countries.

The many changes of breeding stallions has not necessarily contributed to the improvement of the type, on the contrary ... sad.gif

+Quote Post
CottonwoodArabia...
post May 25 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9060

QUOTE (Jmarcan @ Mar 18 2012, 05:31 PM) *
I had hoped someone would pick up this thread....in Canada we have several stallions with Marbach sirelines still available but very rarely used. There is a *Kem Safir son in British Columbia ZAHI AL RAFIQ and I just discoved LM Morafic, a *Nihal son in southern Ontario. However the Gharib line stallion Driftwood Zultann in BC is, in my opinion, one of the undiscovered (and relatively unused) treasures of the Gharib line in North America. There are also a number of *Norus stallions in the US, both direct sons like Hadidi and El Shuja Wahid and several offspring of El Norus. However few are really being utilized effectively (JMO)....

I am also interested in how some of the newer Marbach guest stallions have produced....specifically Inshallah and Amurath Muntahi as my Amurath Baikal mare is related to both. I haven't seen pictures of any of the offspring of these two....curious to know if there are any stallion prospects from these stallions.

The stallion Zahi Al Rafiq was severely kicked when attempting to breed an otherwise very quiet mare several years ago. We have not been able to settle any mares to date.

*Kem Safir's daughter Fan-Safir produced the mare Zafira CW by Kismet DL, who is here on our farm. Fan-Safir was leased out and produced a filly that was not registered and tragically died at three years old. Fan Safir died after foaling while leased, but left an orphan filly Halimah CW (pending, as sire is not yet known). So the line to Soldateska has now dwindled to just three individuals in North America.

+Quote Post
Jmarcan
post May 25 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 564

QUOTE (CottonwoodArabians @ May 25 2012, 05:55 PM) *
The stallion Zahi Al Rafiq was severely kicked when attempting to breed an otherwise very quiet mare several years ago. We have not been able to settle any mares to date.

*Kem Safir's daughter Fan-Safir produced the mare Zafira CW by Kismet DL, who is here on our farm. Fan-Safir was leased out and produced a filly that was not registered and tragically died at three years old. Fan Safir died after foaling while leased, but left an orphan filly Halimah CW (pending, as sire is not yet known). So the line to Soldateska has now dwindled to just three individuals in North America.

I think there are a few of non-Asil *Sanachts still left....Billie Glosser acquired an unregistered daughter of Amurath Starlite (whom I covet) from the Ramses mess but I would hesitate to ship her to Ontario until her registration situation is clarified....However it looks as if we may be breeding our Baikal daughter Zaikalia this year. She has been very slow to cycle this spring but we got good news from the repro exam yesterday. Zaikalia is out of my foundation mare who was Dharib-*Sehnab so quite a bit of Marbach in the pedigree. Love these horses.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 15:44
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.