This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Very Blessed, Very Special...!, The Arabian Horse.
MARSHALL NZ
post Mar 21 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38944

We are truely Blessed by the Special breed, and I just wanted to share what my son Trent and his leader for an ENDURANZ ride... wrote while doing his 5km ride on a wonderful Arabian mare who has been taken out of the broodmare paddock as a 9 year old, "Sparkling Diamond" has shown the stunning temperament of the Arabian horse, started under saddle only a few weeks ago. This is the poem that Trent (6) and Jan (from Scotland) put together this past weekend...! smile.gif

There was a wee pony called "Diamond"

"Diamond" is my new Arabian pony

The ground was very stoney

So we went on the grass

... to let the cars pass

But "Diamond" didn't care either way.

She loves the colour Blue

just as I do

She loves my dog Black

but he had to stay back

"Diamond" didn't care either way.

Now there was a helicopter

But we didn't need a doctor

Cause "Diamond" looked after us all the way

and still "Diamond" didn't care either way.

It has got so very hot

We wish more drinks had been bought

Now we must hurry home

or we will be left all alone

But "Diamond" doesn't care either way...!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post Mar 22 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Micky

Member No.: 1584

Marshall, I'm responding to this little poem again because I think that it really does capture what is so precious and special about this breed. Although I always put my heart and soul into breeding the very best Arabian horses possible in all aspects, I have to confess that I never had great ambitions to breed horses who would burn up the show rings and garner all kinds of championships. To breed horses that would inspire people and offer the kind of pleasure and delight that Sparkle has given to you family is, for me, the greatest success of all.
Many blessings

+Quote Post
HLM
post Mar 22 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (MARSHALL NZ @ Mar 21 2012, 11:54 PM) *
We are truely Blessed by the Special breed, and I just wanted to share what my son Trent and his leader for an ENDURANZ ride... wrote while doing his 5km ride on a wonderful Arabian mare who has been taken out of the broodmare paddock as a 9 year old, "Sparkling Diamond" has shown the stunning temperament of the Arabian horse, started under saddle only a few weeks ago. This is the poem that Trent (6) and Jan (from Scotland) put together this past weekend...! smile.gif

There was a wee pony called "Diamond"

"Diamond" is my new Arabian pony

The ground was very stoney

So we went on the grass

... to let the cars pass

But "Diamond" didn't care either way.

She loves the colour Blue

just as I do

She loves my dog Black

but he had to stay back

"Diamond" didn't care either way.

Now there was a helicopter

But we didn't need a doctor

Cause "Diamond" looked after us all the way

and still "Diamond" didn't care either way.

It has got so very hot

We wish more drinks had been bought

Now we must hurry home

or we will be left all alone

But "Diamond" doesn't care either way...!

Dear David

How sweet and your son must have realy fallen in love with this wonderful mare. Yes. those "Arabians" are somethingelse, always looking after the young and the "Old".

I wish your son more good rides and happiness with "Diamond".

take care
hansi

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Mar 22 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #4

I know that the post is hardly relevant to SE.com but it really did capture or emulate a significant part of WHY the ARABIAN horse... (I am as bias as anyone...!)

I know the priviledge of growing up, not to expect the Arabian to be what it is but grew up to know that the Arabian is what it is and find it to be everything I could ever hope for and found it to be the best breed of horse for me to enjoy forever... I wish this for everyone, I am thrilled that Trent is finding his own pleasure... his father is NO poet...!

+Quote Post
Helgrit Hepner
post Mar 22 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1697

[
David

What a lovely poem, you can tell he really loves his mare. I feel as you do. The arabian horse has no equal in beauty as well as disposition.

Ruminaja Ghalima(Ansata Ibn Halima x Ghalii Rifala) the dam of Saracen Karim comes to mind. I purchased her as a yearling and then bred her to Shaikh Al Badi as a 3 year old. While she was there they trained her to western pleasure, She was in her stall in a bitting rig (so the story goes) managed to get her foot over the rein and almost cut her tongue in half.
She still placed second in her Western Pleasure class at the Michigan Futurity. Judge - Bazy Tankersly. We then used her strictly as a brood mare, with an occasional ride by me. Nine years after her accident a neighbour and Quarter horse trainer had a bet with an Arabian horse hater that she would still be rideable. He saddled her and rode her in the ring and declared that she could be shown without further training. Lo and behold she won the Open Western Pleasure class the next day. Open being All breed, against seasoned Quarter horses, Paints etc.The day after that she won the Western Pleasure championship in an All Arab Show. Talk about intelligence, beauty, disposition and trainability. She still remains one of my very favourite mares of all times

She is pictured here with baby Karim

Helgrit
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Mar 22 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Helgrit Hepner @ Mar 23 2012, 04:00 AM) *
[
David

What a lovely poem, you can tell he really loves his mare. I feel as you do. The arabian horse has no equal in beauty as well as disposition.

Ruminaja Ghalima(Ansata Ibn Halima x Ghalii Rifala) the dam of Saracen Karim comes to mind. I purchased her as a yearling and then bred her to Shaikh Al Badi as a 3 year old. While she was there they trained her to western pleasure, She was in her stall in a bitting rig (so the story goes) managed to get her foot over the rein and almost cut her tongue in half.
She still placed second in her Western Pleasure class at the Michigan Futurity. Judge - Bazy Tankersly. We then used her strictly as a brood mare, with an occasional ride by me. Nine years after her accident a neighbour and Quarter horse trainer had a bet with an Arabian horse hater that she would still be rideable. He saddled her and rode her in the ring and declared that she could be shown without further training. Lo and behold she won the Open Western Pleasure class the next day. Open being All breed, against seasoned Quarter horses, Paints etc.The day after that she won the Western Pleasure championship in an All Arab Show. Talk about intelligence, beauty, disposition and trainability. She still remains one of my very favourite mares of all times

She is pictured here with baby Karim

Helgrit

That is so cool... I have the picture of Karim you posted but not the one of Ghalima... being able to grow up with Saracen Karim in the relatively remote corner of the world here in New Zealand created the dedicated enthusiast in me.. Ghalima has a lot to answer for... smile.gif Thank you for sharing.

+Quote Post
classicarabs
post Mar 22 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 34491

QUOTE (MARSHALL NZ @ Mar 22 2012, 04:24 AM) *
I know that the post is hardly relevant to SE.com but it really did capture or emulate a significant part of WHY the ARABIAN horse... (I am as bias as anyone...!)

I know the priviledge of growing up, not to expect the Arabian to be what it is but grew up to know that the Arabian is what it is and find it to be everything I could ever hope for and found it to be the best breed of horse for me to enjoy forever... I wish this for everyone, I am thrilled that Trent is finding his own pleasure... his father is NO poet...!

I love that poem! Someone asked me once, WHY the Arabian horse? What can you DO with an Arabian? Your son's innocent poem answers both of those questions! Here's my youngest son, age 9 and one of our little dogs getting some affection from our SE mare.

Shams Majiida MA (El Majiid x AK Bint Manal)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Kimberley Michel
post Mar 23 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 40500

Beautiful David... I can just imagine the pride Trent must have felt atop his beautiful mare.

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Mar 27 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Kimberley Michel @ Mar 23 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Beautiful David... I can just imagine the pride Trent must have felt atop his beautiful mare.

Excuse the fact that this is a proof, I have been given permission to use as is... I may get her to crop it later but as I couldn't wait to show you how this new photographer captured "Sparkling Diamond"... all pictures she took were of the horses as is and heading into winter and she took them all in less than an hour of being on the farm... I can only say that Kelly has a great eye and major tallent in my opinion.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Helgrit Hepner
post Mar 27 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1697

She is not only sweet but very beautiful. What a great horse

Helgrit

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Mar 28 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Helgrit Hepner @ Mar 28 2012, 11:56 AM) *
She is not only sweet but very beautiful. What a great horse

Helgrit

From the day...! Yes the green was because of St Paddies Day...!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 20:07
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.