This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arabians As Comedians, Post Funny Pictures of your Arabians!
classicarabs
post Mar 22 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34491

This little SE mare owns me... every day, and I mean EVERY day with her in my life is a gift. Because she is so wonderful and holds my heart you'll see a lot of her in my posts, I just can't help it! smile.gif These are recent pictures. She is hilarious more often than not. She is also loving and curious. My husband can be ripping on the chainsaw cutting up fallen trees in the pasture and she is trying to hang her head over his shoulder to see if he's doing it right.

Recently our horses were feeling the spring air and rip-roaring around the pasture, tails up, snorting and blowing... naturally I didn't have the camera and by the time I ran in the house and back outside with the camera they were just standing around like "what's up?"

So I grabbed an empty feed bag and tried to pep them back up. This is what I got on camera... please all of you talented photographers don't cringe too much at my poor skills behind the lens! This is why you all get paid well for your talent behind the camera. So although these photos are slightly out of focus, they are still pretty funny.

Please share your candid camera moments of your Arabians being their endearing selves! I just love to see these horses acting like comedians. In the following photos I was attempting to get her moving and take some pictures; when the flapping bag failed to impress Majiida, I dropped it at her feet and attempted to take some snapshots of her approaching the bag, well she approached the bag, promptly picked it up and carried it to me and shook it up and down at me!!!!!!! I think she was trying to tell me something.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Helgrit Hepner
post Mar 22 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1697

Saracen Baariq (BW Sensational x Saracen Crimson) as a yearling with his favourite toy, a ball

Saracen Farms
Canada
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
classicarabs
post Mar 22 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Helgrit Hepner @ Mar 22 2012, 12:54 PM) *
Saracen Baariq (BW Sensational x Saracen Crimson) as a yearling with his favourite toy, a ball

Saracen Farms
Canada

Very cute! I visited a farm years ago and the owner tossed a feed pan into the stallion's lot and suddenly it was "thrown" back out of the pen by the stallion! He loved to play toss the pan. smile.gif

+Quote Post
karin
post Apr 4 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

This was for once a funny topic. I have my horses doing funny things as well but never had my camera then. Especially when my mini shet escaped and twice played with the dog over there. Maybe I will let him escape again and make pictures

Never forget horses do get bored so they will seek anything to play with. Companions are the best, if not possible seek for hay, plays or just work them!

+Quote Post
JoeFerriss
post Apr 4 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9036

even though our stallion Saamir is 25 years old now he is still a youthful and sometimes humorous personality. He of course is still wild about feeding time and will race at lightning speed from the farthest corner of his pasture to get to his feed bucket on the fence and usually trumpeting a call of joy. It makes me laugh and also gives great pleasure to see an old stallion still so full of youthful joy. Our dog is usually with me at the feeding bucket and Saamir has to give him a short kiss before charging into his bucket.

He likes to lay out in the sun on nice days for his rest but what is humorous is that before he gets up to go grazing, he always wiggles his butt on the ground for a little extra scratching before rising on all 4 legs to wander off or to come to the fence to greet us. Attached is a picture of Saamir scratching his butt on the ground before getting up....

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Apr 4 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

I don't have a picture to go with it.....I always put my stallion in the barn first at night, and one of my mares has to walk right past his stall to get to hers, whhich is at the far end of the barn. A couple of weeks ago he was trying to show her just how wonderful he was, as she was walking past, but she gave him the disgusted neck roll and pinned her ears and generally gave him to understand that he really was not such of a much..........however, she was so busy giving him "the face" over her shoulder, that she forgot to make the 90 degree turn into her stall, and ran right into the wall. She hates it when I laugh at her, which of course, I did, so she went and stood with her face in the corner and wouldn't look at me till I said sorry and gave her a carrot.

+Quote Post
Cheryl L
post Apr 4 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2799

No picture with mine either. Shamal's area would get a small lake in it, everytime it rained. So, I would slush out there, in my boots with a shovel and drain his "lake".
One day, I was watching it drain and he gave me a slight push from behind. I turned and glared at him. Went back to watching the water drain and I get a definite shove from behind. I turned around and brandished the shovel at him and yelled. He danced bacwards, shaking his head all full of himself, then reared and pivoted away. All the while shaking his head at me.
This is also the same horse that, while at a show, you just put a slice in his shavings bad and he will spread them around. Then deposit the bags at the stall door.

+Quote Post
Jutta Kools
post Apr 6 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 36

I love those funny pictures!

My gelding Ihsan loooooves to roll. He really puts his all into it. Here's a picture of him. It looks as if he's smiling while he's doing it, with his cute pink piggie nose laugh.gif

And some pictures of Ka'im, a colt we bred in 2007, such a clown.

+Quote Post
classicarabs
post Apr 9 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Jutta Kools @ Apr 6 2012, 12:52 PM) *
I love those funny pictures!

My gelding Ihsan loooooves to roll. He really puts his all into it. Here's a picture of him. It looks as if he's smiling while he's doing it, with his cute pink piggie nose laugh.gif

And some pictures of Ka'im, a colt we bred in 2007, such a clown.

That's so funny! You can see the ecstasy on your gelding's face as he gets into all that mud!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 03:23
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.