This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gerzanne Stud, New Zealand., Celebrating 45 years Stud Visit.
MARSHALL NZ
post Apr 24 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38944

In assciation with the NZAHBSoc AGM Stud Tours 2012. Sunday 6th May. Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.

To spear head their celebrations of 45 years of breeding Arabian Horses.
Sue Spratt along with Bev Jones wish to invite you all to share the current representatives found at Gerzanne Stud from 1pm.

What a wonderful life's work from a dear love of the Arabian Horse.

Attached below is Simeon Seviat who is not only the first ever Straight Egyptian female to come to New Zealand but formed the foundation of the Gerzanne Stud Straight Egyptian program.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Apr 25 2012, 02:00 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I wish I could be there for them. They are very dear friends.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 25 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (MARSHALL NZ @ Apr 25 2012, 01:17 AM) *
In assciation with the NZAHBSoc AGM Stud Tours 2012. Sunday 6th May. Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.

To spear head their celebrations of 45 years of breeding Arabian Horses.
Sue Spratt along with Bev Jones wish to invite you all to share the current representatives found at Gerzanne Stud from 1pm.

What a wonderful life's work from a dear love of the Arabian Horse.

Attached below is Simeon Seviat who is not only the first ever Straight Egyptian female to come to New Zealand but formed the foundation of the Gerzanne Stud Straight Egyptian program.

First of all my heartiest congrats to Sue Spratt and family.

Secondly, David I only have a "simeon Seviat" foaled in 1995 in my database, who has no offspring I can find, nor when she was exported to your country. She was Bred by Marion Richmond, Australia.
did I overlook things? Please assist.

Take care
hansi

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Apr 26 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Unfortunately the printed stud books are probably only available to our New Zealand members and WAHO unless purchased from our office, there is no online database... regardless Hansi you are correct on your findings Simeon Seviat Is heading into mature age but has produced some lovely SE progeny by Simeon Shimini and TF Fezzan.

I am heading up to Gerzanne Stud next week to help Sue and Bev prepare for their Stud Visit... a full report will be following as we appreciate that many will miss the tour in person. I totally respect what a wonderful commitment it has taken to make it to 45years of breeding Arabian horses. Love working with like minded breeders.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 26 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (MARSHALL NZ @ Apr 26 2012, 10:22 AM) *
Unfortunately the printed stud books are probably only available to our New Zealand members and WAHO unless purchased from our office, there is no online database... regardless Hansi you are correct on your findings Simeon Seviat Is heading into mature age but has produced some lovely SE progeny by Simeon Shimini and TF Fezzan.

I am heading up to Gerzanne Stud next week to help Sue and Bev prepare for their Stud Visit... a full report will be following as we appreciate that many will miss the tour in person. I totally respect what a wonderful commitment it has taken to make it to 45years of breeding Arabian horses. Love working with like minded breeders.

thank you David for your explanation. Give my best regards und good wishes to Sue and Bey while you are up there.

Do you know any of the original Arabians your friends started with? May be some photos?

tkake care
Hansi

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post Apr 26 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (HLM @ Apr 27 2012, 12:16 AM) *
thank you David for your explanation. Give my best regards und good wishes to Sue and Bey while you are up there.

Do you know any of the original Arabians your friends started with? May be some photos?

tkake care
Hansi

Without doing just that here right now I will spend some time on gathering some correct examples.

I know that like many around the World. Our foundations came from England and via Australia. Sue was an avid rider and this grew to a lifes dedication to the Arabian Horse. Her children all rode and still support Sue's efforts. Bev is a dear friend originally from South Africa and between them they have a unquenched thirst to support and further the qualities of their horses.

Sue is also a Life Memeber of the New Zealand Arab Horse Breeders Society. With Bev,they are both dear friend's for me and someone I have a deep respect. Actions speak louder than words.

kindest regards, David.

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Apr 27 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

Like David, I have so much respect and affection for them both. I had a wonderful stay with them after I judged New Zealand Nationals in 2007. They came to Paris last year to join me at my VIP table, we had such a great time. I wish I lived closer to them.

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post May 5 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 913

Bev and Sue have the most magnificent farm. And they are just such wonderful ladies. I enjoyed the most fantastic evening with them and David Marshall who was dressed in full traditional arabian attire. It was such great fun - I wish all of you could have been there. The wine was beyond fantastic and I had more then I should have. And David Marshall - for those of you who have never met him - is knowledable and so entertaining to say the least.

The horses were so beautiful - and their facility was - what can I say - like a magic garden full of rare treasures. Seriously they have a garden to die for with ducks and goldfish in the pond and horses like you have never seen.

I took a zillion photos and will never forget the experience. What blessing to have had the opportunity to visit them.

I will search for photos this weekend and will see if Bev an Sue might feel like posting a few of those they liked.

Anyone in the area needs to visit the farm - its a must see!

Carol

+Quote Post
MARSHALL NZ
post May 9 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #9

Well Carol, I have just returned home from a wonderful week of preparation, stunning hospitality and a brilliant stud parade.

Your comments Carol resonated the fun visit we enjoyed together. smile.gif A full report of this past parade and the celebration of Gerzannes 45 years will be put together shortly... we had stunning weather and a great turnout of enthusiasts that all added to a very successful afternoon... and YES more wonderful wine.

+Quote Post
carolmaginn
post May 13 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #10

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 913

I will never forget that trip. And am so thankful for having such wonderful friends. Driving through New Zealand is just amazing - the gorgeous green covered mountains and hill with sheep everywhere. And the little Kiwi's everywhere too. Its an amazing place. I really cannot believe that we are so far apart and that it takes so many hours to get to each other. I hope someone invents a way to travel faster because we must be able to visit each other faster!

QUOTE (MARSHALL NZ @ May 9 2012, 06:22 AM) *
Well Carol, I have just returned home from a wonderful week of preparation, stunning hospitality and a brilliant stud parade.

Your comments Carol resonated the fun visit we enjoyed together. smile.gif A full report of this past parade and the celebration of Gerzannes 45 years will be put together shortly... we had stunning weather and a great turnout of enthusiasts that all added to a very successful afternoon... and YES more wonderful wine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 17:12
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.