This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> El Amin, RIP
Sabrina
post Apr 30 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 619

Just read on facebook that El Amin passed away due to colic sad.gif. My deepest sympathy to Swatam Arabians and to El Amin his owners sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
barbara.gregory
post Apr 30 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 202

So sorry to hear this sad news, he was a lovely stallion.

RIP El Amin, sadly missed by those who knew you.

Barbara

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 30 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (barbara.gregory @ Apr 30 2012, 01:26 PM) *
So sorry to hear this sad news, he was a lovely stallion.

RIP El Amin, sadly missed by those who knew you.

Barbara

I am so sorry to hear this too. But was it not "Al amin" (1991) or am I making an error?

My sincere sympathy to the owners

Hansi

+Quote Post
SKM
post Apr 30 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4984

Hansi, it was the lovely bay Belgian-bred stallion El Amin (Psytadel/RA Cool Elygance), born 2001. A very nice horse, may he rest in peace, poor fellow. His new owner in Iran is naturally terribly upset as he loved the horse as much for his kind temperament as for his beauty and potential future foals. Unfortunately although most of the owners there are excellent horsemen and very knowledgeable, some parts of Iran seem to have a shortage of experienced equine veterinarians, and no clinics with colic surgery facilities such as we are lucky enough to have in western countries, so if something does go wrong, and it can happen anywhere as we know, a colic operation which might otherwise save the horse is not an option. Sadly, more than one exported stallion has died there from colic, I think they may have problems adjusting to the different managament and feeding systems. Not blaming anyone, just stating a fact. Local-bred horses are used to the conditions, being brought up with them, and some live into their 30's.

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 30 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (SKM @ Apr 30 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Hansi, it was the lovely bay Belgian-bred stallion El Amin (Psytadel/RA Cool Elygance), born 2001. A very nice horse, may he rest in peace, poor fellow. His new owner in Iran is naturally terribly upset as he loved the horse as much for his kind temperament as for his beauty and potential future foals. Unfortunately although most of the owners there are excellent horsemen and very knowledgeable, some parts of Iran seem to have a shortage of experienced equine veterinarians, and no clinics with colic surgery facilities such as we are lucky enough to have in western countries, so if something does go wrong, and it can happen anywhere as we know, a colic operation which might otherwise save the horse is not an option. Sadly, more than one exported stallion has died there from colic, I think they may have problems adjusting to the different managament and feeding systems. Not blaming anyone, just stating a fact. Local-bred horses are used to the conditions, being brought up with them, and some live into their 30's.

Yes I know. We tried to get medication to Mary via Jordan to them years ago. (rRosemary Doyle, Sheikha Lulua and I )
Yes, climate change, feed etc makes a huge difference, and I am so sorry they lost tthis good stallion.
Indeed we are so lucky to have adequate Veterinarian facilities.

thanks for stating data on this horse, for a moment I thought it was the American Al Amin, a super performance stallion.

Take care
Hansi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:43
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.