This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Friendship, -
karin
post Apr 30 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6138

I have been here moderator for some years now with pleasure.

Sometimes it goes smooth, sometimes not. Sometimes I smile, sometimes I don't.

We all have our problems unfortunately, concerning horses or other issues. Economically, it is not great in some parts of the world. That is hard. Business is slow, prices are high too!

But let's be kind to each other, share knowledge!

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

And also don't forget Jerel is keeping this forum alive by supporting it. That is also out of a good hart.

Enjoy it, and enjoy every day. Life is too short.

Karin

PS thank you Maria. :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JoeFerriss
post May 1 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9036

QUOTE (karin @ Apr 30 2012, 10:21 PM) *

We all have our problems unfortunately, concerning horses or other issues. Economically, it is not great in some parts of the world. That is hard. Business is slow, prices are high too!

And also don't forget Jerel is keeping this forum alive by supporting it. That is also out of a good hart.

Karin

Thank you Karin for your guiding hand on this site. All things considered this is a place where many come to catch up on the Arabian horse, to share their discoveries, their concerns, their wishes, and their feelings, and to learn more about the oldest pure breed of Equine in the world. Because this breed's history runs so deep and its characteristics are so compelling it will always attract the most passionate followers. And may that passion assure the proper care and custodianship of a breed of horse that is a gift to us from Allah.

+Quote Post
MHuprich
post May 1 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 338

And while maybe we can't all be friends with everyone, at least we can be respectful and polite ahd show some common decency on our posts.

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 1 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 28426

Karin has done a wonderful job here as moderator and for all to know she does it because she has a love for the Arabian horse and a gift of understanding people. She DONATES HER TIME FOR ALL. That is very much appreciated by me as with my other concerns I have little time to moderate and on top of that Karin in so much better at it than me.
What as become a concern of late is not the 'passion' of some, but the 'baiting into an argument' subject or subject(s) or the insertion of subject into a thread to bend it to a particulare agenda which ALWAYS leads to an old discussion we are all aware of and familiar with. Neither side will change to opinion and/or FACTS held by the other side. THIS HARMS THE SE AND THE PEOPLE OF SE's like nothing else.
There are so many wonderful things about the SE's history and the history of the people involved to discuss without going straight to an old argument that SOLVES NOTHING.
There are many wonderful things that are current about the SE's and the people involved as well.
Of late topic after topic is having to be closed by Karin due to the redundant digging in the same hole.
I run this web site at a loss and have since I bought it and if there are a million on here or 2 the loss is still there, but I still try hard to do my part for the love of the SE's. If you want to stay and participate on SE.com, then please do and you are welcome, but if not that is a choice as well and I say that with all due respect for everyone. That is everyone who has 1 Arabian, wants to have an Arabian, new to Arabians, old to Arabians or someone who has 50 Aranbians. Everyone is important.
However, no one is so above anyone else that they can not lose the ability to contribute on SE.com. That includes ME. I am not that important, but Karin is and I trust her judgement and wisdom and ability to maintain some order. She has full authority to even BAN if needed. I really hope it does not get to that distasteful level, but it up to each individual to determine the level they want to 'push the envelope'........
I hope we can show the world we enjoy and love our SE's and make that shine first and foremost to everyone and anyone instead of showing the world we own SE's and we are disgruntled and always argue.
Jerel

+Quote Post
karin
post May 1 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6138

Thank you, I am touched by this. Although this topic was not about me. Just the feelings I had.

I think that we all have something in common. The arabian horse..Never forget that and share whatever you wish about them here. Even concerning pedigrees, there are many experts here who are just willing to help out. That is what is all about. Being there for each other. Not ennemies or concurrents. Just sharing!

Well I am going off now to see my arabians friends now!

Karin

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post May 1 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

Karin is a gem.
Thanks Karin for all you do.
Cathy

+Quote Post
J Anne Butler
post May 1 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35543

Thank you Karin. Without good people like you and Jerel our lives would be poorer.
Like any family we can differ from time to time but always within the constraints of good manners and respectful behaviour.
Keep up the good work.
Best regards
Ray & Anne.

QUOTE (karin @ Apr 30 2012, 02:21 PM) *

Karin

+Quote Post
MHuprich
post May 1 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 338

Jerel, loved your post here, and your ongoing support of se.com, thanks. Was looking for a "like" or "love" button.

Also thanks to Karin for her excellent work here and in moderating.

Melissa

+Quote Post
HADHAD ARABIANS
post May 1 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13099

QUOTE (karin @ Apr 30 2012, 10:21 PM) *

Karin

gbfahne.gif
Dear Mrs. Karin,

the other friends of the forum wrote my thoughts.
I wish just say, thank you Karin.

Domenico Tocchi
HADHAD ARABIANS

+Quote Post
ArleneMagid
post May 1 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 34891

Karin, your task here can be a very difficult one at times and please know you are well appreciated for doing it!

Jerel, your points are well taken and I hope you will continue to allow us to share on this forum. Those who can't share nicely will have to learn to do so or find their discussions cut short.

I enjoy sharing knowledge here and also seeking knowledge from others who may have experiences different to mine-long may it continue. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Caryn Rogosky
post May 1 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #11

Micky

Member No.: 1584

QUOTE (MHuprich @ May 1 2012, 06:59 PM) *
Jerel, loved your post here, and your ongoing support of se.com, thanks. Was looking for a "like" or "love" button.

Also thanks to Karin for her excellent work here and in moderating.

Melissa

Very well said, Melissa -- I couldn't agree more! Thanks so much to Karin and to Jerel; your mammoth efforts in maintaining an upscale communications hub for Arabian horse breeders which provides both comradery and education, are greatly appreciated. Over the years this forum has, in no small way, been responsible for initiating some very positive changes throughout the SE breeding community.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 05:06
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.