This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do You Feel Should Be Preserved?, Please comment fair.
Helgrit Hepner
post May 12 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1697

I have to give you and your father a lot of credit for the success of Karim. Your father purchased him sight unseen from 2 very marginal photos as a weanling.He was counting on his great pedigree and he was proven correct. I think good genes plus a great environment make for a succesful horse. Ruminaja Ghalima, his dam, certainly had all those traits, beauty, tractability and Arabian type, without which we can fold our tents and go home.

Helgrit
Saracen Farms
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HLM
post May 12 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #17

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (Helgrit Hepner @ May 12 2012, 05:00 PM) *
I have to give you and your father a lot of credit for the success of Karim. Your father purchased him sight unseen from 2 very marginal photos as a weanling.He was counting on his great pedigree and he was proven correct. I think good genes plus a great environment make for a succesful horse. Ruminaja Ghalima, his dam, certainly had all those traits, beauty, tractability and Arabian type, without which we can fold our tents and go home.

Helgrit
Saracen Farms

Hi Helgrit

I saw Ruminaja ghalima at the Jamisons when she was about a yearling, very nice filly which turned into an excellent broodmare. I can only see her prodicing one MARE AND 7 sons., all but one by shaikh Al Badi. I saw some of the sons breeding on in my database. Jamessons always had good horses and bred good ones.

Take care
hansi

+Quote Post
Robert 1
post Aug 9 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #18

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 2895

Hi Hansi,
This is a great topic, what needs to be preserved?
I am not against Non- Straights, there are many great Non-Straight Arabian horses.
After having, I would guess, about forty horses over my lifetime. I support the idea of a good horse is a good horse. Heck, one of my best horses I ever had was from a Hollywood movie set in California, his name was Alamo, this horse taught me to ride way back in the sixties, we would ride for hours in the mountains of Pennsylvania, several days a week for years and he wasn't even an Arabian but, he was a gelding.
IMO this is what I see as the problem with the Arabian breed as a whole whether it is SE, SO, ASIL, AK or Non-Straight, far too many Arabians are thought and left to be a stallion and then used for breeding when they have no business being a stallion in the first place.
Someone once stated that there is one Arabian Stallion for every two breedable Arabian mares, I find this hard to imagine.
A breeding stallion is specifically bred for the purpose of breeding.
Many of these Arabians that are left as a stallion need to have been gelded and used for riding, getting the youths involved and more adults in the saddle to demonstrate what great horses the Arabian is and how versatile they truly are for everyone to enjoy and to serve more of a purpose than to simply be locked in the back of the barn squelling his head off.
Even a great stallion who produces a good number of foals in his lifetime, in most cases only sires a handful of colts that are as good or better than himself, that could be used for breeding.
To make matters worse sometimes these colts are used on fantastic mares to try and prove themselves and a great producing mare winds up foaling a lesser foal than she is capable of having, thus lessoning her name as a great producing mare.
More Geldings equals, more riding.

+Quote Post
Atthagqg
post Aug 26 2013, 07:19 AM
Post #19

Group: Validating
Member No.: 41526

Yet, there are quite Coach products like the "clutch," the "swingpack" and the "mini" that dont have a serial numbers, but nonetheless , have a creed patch. The exact newer "Legacy" phone line uses a necklaces ink stamped successive numbering system.fake purses and handbags also have ghd serial numbers typed onto each creed patch, exposure again that verification by serial statistics is not a good method of how to spot a replica Master products.

coach bags are classic, constant and stylish. This time his designers have beaten themselves with all of the latest hit at the collection, all Op Art Laptop bag. It should be a blast caused by the past containing design inspirations reminiscence of the bohemian artist days http://chaneloutlet.worththechaos.com of the 1960s. It's an untamed mod mixture off geometric shapes as well as a bold colors of all the signature "C" logo made in a Sateen all fabrics.

Logo of symmetry. Check the logo on your bag, which will always be symmetrical from the middle. There are two 'C' matched, so look for bags with any 'C' or connected 'C'.

Nowadays, wedding gowns are no longer a measure connected with woman's social track record. Regardless of a bride's budget, there are impressive gowns in the prices ranges to make every woman will feel beautiful on the lady's wedding day.

Wedding day Afternoon Bridal Urgent situation Package distributed caused by Rain forest is really a tiny product with an effortless violet airline (if for circumstance the light azure is lost). Sanches If you need to keep on the lookout more youthful, without the attendance of lines so http://cheapjerseys.worththechaos.com wrinkles of earlier confront, you in order to be commence comprehensive natural splendor together with complexions treatment now.

Which the white tuxedo is in fact a popular remedy for morning and as a consequence afternoon weddings. The groom would wear white as well as the entire wedding. For outdoor marriage ceremonies in the daytime, white is a fantastic choice. A travel white tuxedo may be more comfortable, particularly in the summer months.

+Quote Post
paelmchen
post Aug 26 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #20

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 99

ZITAT(HLM @ May 9 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Hi all

We already had some discussion under another topic and ran away with it.

I was just wondering what all your opinion is about "preservation" and/or what it means to you. What do you feel sbould be preserved? Will manmade labels influence you, and if so, to what degree? Will the definition Blue Star or Blue List be detrimental to your breeding decisions?
Please answer in fairness, respecting each opinion issued.

Thanks
Hansi

1.1. Zuchtzielbeschreibung Arabisches Vollblut
Herkunft Naher und Mittlerer Osten, insbesondere Arabische Halbinsel
Größe 148 - 158 cm, geringe Über- und Untergrößen können toleriert werden
Farben Schimmel, Fuchs, Braun, Rappe
Äußere Erscheinung
Typ Der Arabische Vollblüter soll im Erscheinungsbild hohen Adel und Trockenheit mit
geschlossenem und harmonischem Körperbau ausdrücken. Der Geschlechtsausdruck
soll markant ausgeprägt sein. Der Rücken ist relativ kurz, die Kruppenoberlinie leicht
geneigt bis ziemlich horizontal, der Schweif hoch angesetzt und stolz getragen. Der
Adel soll durch die trockene feine Textur und die seidige Feinheit des Haares zum
Ausdruck kommen, wobei die Spätreife der Arabischen Rasse zu berücksichtigen ist.
Unerwünscht ist ein derbes, plumpes Erscheinungsbild und fehlender
Geschlechtsaudruck.
Kopf Der Kopf soll klein, sehr trocken und harmonisch sein mit hoher Stirn, großen,
dunklen, weit auseinander stehenden Augen, die nicht hoch liegen. Das Profil ist
konkav oder gerade, die Ganaschen breit und weit auseinander liegend. Die Nüstern
sind elastisch, groß, dünnwandig und sehr erweiterungsfähig; das Gebiß ist korrekt.
Die Ohren sollen feine und dünne Ränder haben.
Unerwünscht sind ein grober Kopf mit kleinen, seitlich liegenden Augen enge
Ganaschen und alle Formen von Gebißannomalien.
Hals Der Hals soll edel und oben gewölbt sein mit feiner, freier Kehle und sanft in den
Widerrist verlaufen.
Unerwünscht ist eine kurze, schwere oder tief angesetzte Halsung (Unterhals,
Hirschhals).
Körperbau Erwünscht ist ein harmonischer, geschlossen wirkender Körperbau, der sich für
Reitzwecke jeder Art eignet. Dazu gehören: Eine mittellange elegante leichte Halsung,
gute Ganaschenfreiheit, eine große schräg gelagerte Schulter, ein mittelhoher
markanter Widerrist, der eine gute Sattellage ermöglicht, ein relativ kurzer, gut
bemuskelter Rücken, ausreichende Brusttiefe, eine gut gebogene Rippenwölbung und
eine lange, leicht geneigte bis ziemlich horizontale Kruppenformation mit hohem
Schweifansatz.
Ausgabe 27. Oktober 2012 54
Unerwünscht ist ein insgesamt unharmonischer Körperbau, insbesondere eine kleine
steile Schulter, ein kurzer oder wenig markanter Widerrist, ein zu fester oder zu
weicher Rücken, eine feste oder aufgewölbte Nierenpartie, eine kurze oder zu stark
geneigte Kruppe, ein eingesteckter und/oder schief getragener Schweif, geringe
Brusttiefe, hochgezogene Flanken.
Fundament Erwünscht ist ein zum Körperbau passendes, trockenes Fundament mit korrekten breit
angelegten kräftigen Gelenken, kurzen trockenen Röhren, mittellangen gut
gewinkelten Fesseln und harten, wohlgeformten Hufen, die eine lange
Gebrauchsfähigkeit erwarten lassen.
Unerwünscht sind verschwommene Konturen und unklare Gelenke, unkorrekte
Gliedmaßen mit z.B. kleinen, schmalen oder eingeschnürten Gelenken, schwache
Röhrbeine und kurze steile oder überlange weiche Fesseln sowie zu kleine, flache Hufe
oder eingezogene Trachten. Unerwünscht sind weiterhin zehenweite, zehenenge,
bodenweite, bodenenge, rückbiegige, steile oder säbelbeinige, kuhhessige oder
fassbeinige Gliedmaßenstellungen.
Bewegungsablauf
Grundgangarten Erwünscht sind taktreine, raumgreifende Grundgangarten (Schritt 4-Takt, Trab 2-Takt,
Galopp 3-Takt). Der Bewegungsablauf im Schritt soll losgelassen, energisch,
regelmäßig und fleißig sein mit klarem Ab- und Auffußen. Der Bewegungsablauf im
Trab und Galopp soll bei gut erkennbarer Schwebephase elastisch, schwungvoll,
leichtfüßig, getragen und mit natürlicher Aufrichtung und Balance ausgestattet sein.
Der aus aktiv arbeitender, deutlich abfußender Hinterhand entwickelte Schub soll über
einen locker schwingenden Rücken auf die frei aus der Schulter vorgreifende Vorhand
übertragen werden.
Unerwünscht sind insbesondere kurze, flache, unelastische und in der Schulter
gebundene Bewegungen bei festgehaltenem Rücken sowie schwerfällige auf die
Vorhand fallende und nicht taktreine Bewegungen.
Innere Eigenschaften/Leistungsveranlagung/Gesundheit
Erwünscht ist ein unkompliziertes, charakterstarkes, nervenfestes, umgängliches,
gleichzeitig einsatzfreudiges, leistungsfähiges und vielseitig veranlagtes,
leistungsbereites für Reit- und Sportzwecke jeder Art geeignetes Pferd. Es soll sich
aufgrund seiner schnellen Regenerationsfähigkeit und Befähigung zu hoher
Ausdauerleistung für die Überwindung langer Distanzen, aber auch für den Rennsport
eignen. Der Arabische Vollblüter soll einen wachen, intelligenten Ausdruck haben und
durch sein Auftreten und Verhalten gute Charaktereigenschaften sowie ein gelassenes,
ausgeglichenes Temperament erkennen lassen. Erwünscht sind weiterhin robuste
Gesundheit, gute physische und psychische Belastbarkeit, Langlebigkeit, Fruchtbarkeit
und das Freisein von Erbfehlern.
Unerwünscht sind insbesondere im Umgang schwierige, nervöse und heftige Pferde.

good old germany wants these kind of horses.........no matter blue lis, se, s asil ! :-)

ciao roland palm

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 00:28
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.