This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Se Stallion With Floating Trot On Youtube, ZAMILL out of DSA Hey Baby and Dr, Nagel sire line
jerelkerby
post May 26 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28426

Zamill will be in Liberty Class Tuesday night (last class of the evening) at this years Egyptian Event in Lexington, Kentucky. Also, he will be in 3y/o futurity and then "The Heirs Apparent" at 1:00PM on Saturday.

link to youtube video of ZAMILL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_GbulxkS4...ayer_detailpage
Reason for edit: url correction
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marilee
post May 27 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4377

Very nice horse with great movement. Wish I could be there at the Event to watch his liberty, but will look for it on the website. Missed meeting you here in Las Vegas, but perhaps one day we can meet and talk Egyptian bloodlines. This is a super cross to produce this young stallion. He will be one to watch for under saddle.

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 27 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Marilee @ May 27 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Very nice horse with great movement. Wish I could be there at the Event to watch his liberty, but will look for it on the website. Missed meeting you here in Las Vegas, but perhaps one day we can meet and talk Egyptian bloodlines. This is a super cross to produce this young stallion. He will be one to watch for under saddle.

Marilee,

We are talking about starting him under saddle early next spring when he goes back to csarabians to stand stud......
CHRISTY AND JIM EGAN OF RESULTS WILL BE DOING LIVE FEED FROM EE;;;;
Yes, sorry I missed meeting you...it was a great shoe...just wish they had judges with more SE influence....as the SE has so much influence in the beauty of so many shown there now.

+Quote Post
Marilee
post May 29 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #4

Gold Member
Group Icon

Yes, I try to go each year to the World Cup to see horses and then study their conformation, type, and movement. And then if I find one I really like, try to find its name and sire and dam to see where those characteristics come from. Over the years the show has been here, there seems to be an improvement (to me) in certain horses shown---shorter backs, more balanced (3 circles of forequarter/midsection/hindquarter), more depth from the side and from the front (more substance, depth of shoulder and hip, better angulation). Seemed like the bodies were getting smoother a few years ago, and then later on more balance and more symmetry being apparent. Hard to really see the movement however (see my comment in the Jordan show thread regarding showing/handlers helping or not-helping the horse's movement). Less bagging, and more opportunity for the horse to move out and with the handler, but many still impeding the horse or just circling it too much, rather than letting it move out in partnership with the handler, as if it were under saddle or to approximate liberty, showing freedom in shoulder and hip, and charisma.

I agree with you, that the evidence of the Egyptian is seen,even from several generations back, in some of the horses. I only wish that mine were still around to show proof of that--I would have loved to have shown them myself in that arena----my Ansata Ibn Sudan son, my El Hilal son, my AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima) daughter, my Fadjur daughter. I spoke to a few people about how cool it would be to have another Egyptian Event again on this side of the US----we did have a few back in the 80s, sometimes combined with a Class A Arabian/Half-Arabian show. One of the days for the World Cup is not so busy. Inquiries could be made for an Event before or after the Breeders' World Cup. That would be awesome. My wish is to see these Egyptian horses out there under saddle for the public to see their additional impact from a historical and evolutionary perspective (ancestry or infusion to other breeds). Perhaps you can help in that effort. Thank you and best wishes at the Egyptian Event. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 29 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

QUOTE (Marilee @ May 29 2012, 08:24 PM) *
Yes, I try to go each year to the World Cup to see horses and then study their conformation, type, and movement. And then if I find one I really like, try to find its name and sire and dam to see where those characteristics come from. Over the years the show has been here, there seems to be an improvement (to me) in certain horses shown---shorter backs, more balanced (3 circles of forequarter/midsection/hindquarter), more depth from the side and from the front (more substance, depth of shoulder and hip, better angulation). Seemed like the bodies were getting smoother a few years ago, and then later on more balance and more symmetry being apparent. Hard to really see the movement however (see my comment in the Jordan show thread regarding showing/handlers helping or not-helping the horse's movement). Less bagging, and more opportunity for the horse to move out and with the handler, but many still impeding the horse or just circling it too much, rather than letting it move out in partnership with the handler, as if it were under saddle or to approximate liberty, showing freedom in shoulder and hip, and charisma.

I agree with you, that the evidence of the Egyptian is seen,even from several generations back, in some of the horses. I only wish that mine were still around to show proof of that--I would have loved to have shown them myself in that arena----my Ansata Ibn Sudan son, my El Hilal son, my AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima) daughter, my Fadjur daughter. I spoke to a few people about how cool it would be to have another Egyptian Event again on this side of the US----we did have a few back in the 80s, sometimes combined with a Class A Arabian/Half-Arabian show. One of the days for the World Cup is not so busy. Inquiries could be made for an Event before or after the Breeders' World Cup. That would be awesome. My wish is to see these Egyptian horses out there under saddle for the public to see their additional impact from a historical and evolutionary perspective (ancestry or infusion to other breeds). Perhaps you can help in that effort. Thank you and best wishes at the Egyptian Event. smile.gif

Marilee, I will do my best to 'talk it up' to get more SE exposure and if all our voices go together...just think.... how about an extra day or 2 for Las Vegas World Cup for SE's. I think they could do like colts 2,3,4 y/o together, mares 4,5,6, fillies 2,3 etc.
.....at least something like that and I think it would be the best of both.
See you next year in LV.
Jerel

+Quote Post
dgfour
post May 30 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4132

Jerel

He looks beautiful and I love his action. Quite an impressive young stallion

Dennis

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 30 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Dennis,
Thank you very much. I know you know that ' so special feeling' when they say "it is a colt", but when that colt is something special like your boy, then it wonderful.
Jerel

+Quote Post
dgfour
post May 31 2012, 02:09 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4132

Yes Jerel, that's right and we both know how really rare that is

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post May 31 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Dennis,
I hope you are at the EE next week. I would really enjoy visiting with you. I know evryone is always pretty much on the run 'promoting and networking' which is extreemly important, so I would not be long winded...just a good hello.
P.S. I can't wait to see your bou again. I don't know if I ever told you or put it on SE.com, but two years ago when he was at EE I went nby to see him at least 3 times. I liked him that much PLUS he really has personality (or 'horse'ality) as he would come up to the stall rails and want me to play with his tongue..... yes I did and it was too funny. These Arabians have their own way of getting into your heart. He is very special!
Jerel

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post Jun 7 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Zamill,

He was not himself in liberty at EE... he was pent up with energy....seemed sore.......I know he has it 'in him', but Imguess the long trip and time in the stsall ...just took the fun out of it for him.

jerel

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Jun 7 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

I think he needs one of these!

http://www.tophorse.com.au/hidez-horse-com...eature_hidez__F

+Quote Post
jerelkerby
post Jun 9 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Amanda,
I wish I had one for him for the trip to Ky. He was sore, had banged and nicked his right fron canon and I could tell by watching him in liberty....he did not feel well, was stiff and just had no spring. I think if he had been turned out and/or walked more he would have been better. Moreover, when he got into the arena he was so pent up with energy and the 'strangeness' of it all...he just ran and ran.........
Since that night I have taken charge to get him out and walk him and let him trot some on soft surface and taken him to the wash rack and gave him my version of the 'water massage'... he seemed to really like that and just stood there and a couple times just closed his eyes as to say....nap time..this feels so good'.
Finally yesterday morning Jered (my 14 y/o son) and I put him in a paddock by the main stall area and just let him do as he felt....he ran some, then trotted, ran, talked to the other horses and just in general seemed to be feeling much better.
He actually started putting on 'his show' and trotted, pulled up and in on his neck and 'floated' ... within about 3 to 5 minutes he had 3 golf carts full of people stopped on the main road watching, 2 carts on the drive into the stalls by Arabians Ltd. and several people had gathered at the fence. It was as if was saying...."look I told you I can float".
Suzanne Sturgil was at the park outside the arena doing photo shoots and we took him to see her and she told me she was really impressed by him. He really does have "IT" The attitude (yet very very sweet), the spring in his walk, the float in his trot, type and even a smile on his face... (well I think so). I have had requests from several people to put him back in the paddock this morning so they can watch him which of course makes me a proud owner (well I do own him on paper, but to me he owns himself). HE IS SPECIAL.... I LOVE HIM...... many we care for, many we like, most we love in some way as they all have their own personalities, but Zamill has captured my heart like no other horse since the birth of his momma (Hey Baby).
Again, Amanda thank you for referring me to this 'body sleeve'... it sounds as if it will be of great help to many of our treasures who have to travel long distances. I read a little about it, but will go back and find out more about it to see about how to get the proper size.
I hope this finds you and your family well. The EE as always is a lot of fun...win or lose. It is no fun to lose, but it is fun to have your friends win... we are all part of the enjoyment of it all.
Jerel

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Jun 9 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

Good to hear he is feeling better.

I don't know what it is about the Event but year after year I'm always hearing about horses being sore and sick at the Event. I think it's the time of year that it is put on, very hot, very humid.....and not enough people getting their horses out of their stalls. As you saw, when you got him out more, he started to perk up.

I'll be interested to hear more about that body suit as it hits the market.

+Quote Post
Marilee
post Jun 9 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #14

Gold Member
Group Icon

The mental and physical are so intertwined, in horses as in us. You are very much a winner, as you have bonded more with your horse, and are even more in tune with him than before. Perhaps one day when he is under saddle, you will have that joy as well---to ride the horse that you have produced. The trick is to keep him mentally AND physically sound for as many years as you all have together.

I know from many years of showing here, that getting that horse out and walking him around the showgrounds before or after classes or visitors to his stall really showed people his movement, behavior, rapport with me, and how an Egyptian Arabian is so different from other horses (in a good way). That is true education and promotion, changing (negative) perception, one person at a time.

+Quote Post
Marilee
post Jul 3 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

bump for Jerel. I know you have been busy, but I wanted to make sure you saw what I wrote to you wink.gif ............. regards.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 18:07
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.