This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Well Well Well! The Mouse Roars, Quoted me without even crediting my name
Caryn Rogosky
post Jul 21 2012, 03:41 AM
Post #346

Micky

Group: Members
Member No.: 1584

QUOTE (alythlong @ Jul 21 2012, 05:36 AM) *
Caryn - what is the issue with Kars? You can pm me or start a fresh thread if you prefer. Thank you.

Hi Alyth -- I'm not going to post on the topic here, but I will be glad to explain for you privately or elsewhere. I'm going to have house company for the next few days, and have to go through my files to pull out the posts, but if you will be patient with me I will get it too you shortly. Is that okay?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jul 21 2012, 04:09 AM
Post #347

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

QUOTE (alythlong @ Jul 20 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Caryn - what is the issue with Kars? You can pm me or start a fresh thread if you prefer. Thank you.

Briefly, and from "off-the-cuff", Kars, like all the original Blunt horses (such as Rodania) was desert-bred and was never in Egypt. Blunts bought him and took him to Crabbet Some of his offspring were selected by the RAS to help restart their pure-bred program. The colts they imported did not leave any recorded offspring in Egypt - that we know of. These colts by Kars, and some other horses, were specificallly eliminated from TPS definition of what they decided could be "straight Egyptian". Rose of Jericho, sired by Kars and out of Rodania, was one of the very best mares ever produced by Blunts (in my opinion). However, TPS was willing to cut the desert-bred Kars, selected by Blunts and whose offspring were selected by the Egyptians at the RAS for their program. Forbis and company at TPS would not reconsider allowing Kars, and thus Rabanna, when asked to do so by Richard and Hansi. So we have a Blunt desert-bred of impeccable pedigree being disallowed while a mare of questionable pedigree is allowed. That is the political game, rather than the practical sense game.

+Quote Post
alythlong
post Jul 21 2012, 05:47 AM
Post #348

Member No.: 1834

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Jul 21 2012, 05:41 AM) *
Hi Alyth -- I'm not going to post on the topic here, but I will be glad to explain for you privately or elsewhere. I'm going to have house company for the next few days, and have to go through my files to pull out the posts, but if you will be patient with me I will get it too you shortly. Is that okay?

Thank you Caryn, I appreciate that.

+Quote Post
alythlong
post Jul 21 2012, 05:50 AM
Post #349

Member No.: 1834

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jul 21 2012, 06:09 AM) *
Briefly, and from "off-the-cuff", Kars, like all the original Blunt horses (such as Rodania) was desert-bred and was never in Egypt. Blunts bought him and took him to Crabbet Some of his offspring were selected by the RAS to help restart their pure-bred program. The colts they imported did not leave any recorded offspring in Egypt - that we know of. These colts by Kars, and some other horses, were specificallly eliminated from TPS definition of what they decided could be "straight Egyptian". Rose of Jericho, sired by Kars and out of Rodania, was one of the very best mares ever produced by Blunts (in my opinion). However, TPS was willing to cut the desert-bred Kars, selected by Blunts and whose offspring were selected by the Egyptians at the RAS for their program. Forbis and company at TPS would not reconsider allowing Kars, and thus Rabanna, when asked to do so by Richard and Hansi. So we have a Blunt desert-bred of impeccable pedigree being disallowed while a mare of questionable pedigree is allowed. That is the political game, rather than the practical sense game.

Thank you Ray.

+Quote Post
BaileyArabians
post Jul 21 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #350

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3603

Alyth, Caryn's been blocked from posting here anymore but I'm sure she can answer your question on facebook.

+Quote Post
SEAdmin
post Jul 21 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #351

Group: Admin
Member No.: 31611

No Bailey, she was asked to remove herself from making false/misleading statements. She responded by requesting to be removed as a contributor to the forum. She made the statement she has no desire to post here further.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Robert 1
post Jul 22 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #352

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 2895

QUOTE (Caryn Rogosky @ Jul 21 2012, 05:41 AM) *

Caryn, This is a open forum, you can post what your explanation is of Kars, sooner or later it will come back to this forum, it will save you from giving all those lenghtly explanations as to ...she said,,, I only said... but didn't mean.

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jul 22 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #353

Member No.: 39444

QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jul 22 2012, 11:48 AM) *
Caryn, This is a open forum, you can post what your explanation is of Kars, sooner or later it will come back to this forum, it will save you from giving all those lenghtly explanations as to ...she said,,, I only said... but didn't mean.

...and here comes the expected crying and whining. The tear stained shirts and the begging and the howling..all the salt and grime flowing from wet cheeks.. I am getting so tired of watching these charades by supposedly grown peeps.... Let me tell you something. This is worse than Craigslist.org forums. At least they are not lying. Du Weichei, Du. Schlappi. Schaem Dich, ja ?

+Quote Post
Seglawiyat
post Jul 22 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #354

Member No.: 39963

blink.gif
Let's see if I am allowed to post. Yesterday and the days before, I was not. Thank you moderator for making whatever change that permits me here. I hope any of you who have been following this discussion and have real questions about the value of preservation breeding will go to the sites of the respective preservation groups before making a decision about whether preservation breeding is worthwhile. These sites include www.alkhamsa.org, www.pyramidsociety.org, www.asilclub.org, www.davenporthorses.org, www.bluearabianhorsecatalog.org. There are other groups no doubt, these are the ones that come to mind. Then one would learn a lot by scouring the WAHO website and the website of AHA.
Then please look at and study the Arabian horses of the world, visit farms, go to shows, attend conventions and seminars and winnow the animals down to the ones that set your hair on fire, study their pedigrees and select animals for your breeding program. If these fall within a preservation program that is great, if they do not, then you still are true to yourself. At this point it would be a help to meet and talk with supporters of whatever program you are choosing to put together. Some you will like, others not. No breeder can operate successfully in a vacuum however, a network of like minded people makes the whole process easier and more enjoyable, it saves time and mistakes as well. Ask yourself what disciplines you want to participate in and breed horses for. When winter comes, have a stack of books that you can read about Arabian horses.
Most folks who fall in love with the Arabian horse are inspired by some event, some experience, some vision. Perhaps this comes from a book series like those of Walter Farley's "The Black Stallion". Some folks are mentored by a relative or neighbor. Some folks have been inspired by the legends of the Arabian horse and the Bedouin tribes who created them.
Bottom line to me is that ALL roads lead to the Arabian horse, we should celebrate this, we should cherish it. We have the rare privilege of living in a time when most everyone can own and ride an Arabian horse no matter it's breeding.
Pam Studebaker

+Quote Post
2mntn
post Jul 22 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #355

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4862

QUOTE (M.D. @ Jul 22 2012, 06:02 AM) *
...and here comes the expected crying and whining. The tear stained shirts and the begging and the howling..all the salt and grime flowing from wet cheeks.. I am getting so tired of watching these charades by supposedly grown peeps.... Let me tell you something. This is worse than Craigslist.org forums. At least they are not lying. Du Weichei, Du. Schlappi. Schaem Dich, ja ?

"I was feelin' . . . so bad,
I asked my family doctor just what I had,
I said, "Doctor, . . .
Mr. M.D., . . .
Now can you tell me, tell me, tell me,
What's ailin' me?" (Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals) smile.gif

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jul 22 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #356

QUOTE (2mntn @ Jul 22 2012, 03:02 PM) *
I said, "Doctor, . . .
Mr. M.D., . . .
What's ailin' me?" (Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals) smile.gif

Are you feeling bad ? Poor thing you. Eat some muesli. The horses like it, too. Or fried potatoes with onions. It will make you feel much better. Some organic tea ? Pitch your tent out by the barn and try to be a good Hippie. The blood lined horses will come and say good night.
I guess there is no translation for the term Weichei (Weich Ei ).

+Quote Post
Dieter
post Jul 22 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #357

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1086

I said, "Doctor, . . .
Mr. M.D., . . .
What's ailin' me?" (Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals)

"Everybody's got something to hide, 'cept me and my monkey . . . "

+Quote Post
Robert 1
post Jul 22 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #358

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (M.D. @ Jul 22 2012, 02:02 PM) *

M.D., I am getting so tired of watching these charades by supposedly grown PEEPS.. HaHa, but you keep coming back, now don't you M.D.

This is not a boring site, and yes there is humor, and questions ask when someone dosen't quite believe what another posted, a few digs, a few joking at each other, but many educational facts about the Arabian horse and their many owners and breeders.

So M.D. what the heck else can this great forum site have to make you not sing out of tune.LOL

+Quote Post
M.D.
post Jul 24 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #359

QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jul 22 2012, 07:53 PM) *
M.D., I am getting so tired of watching these charades by supposedly grown PEEPS.. HaHa, but you keep coming back, now don't you M.D.

This is not a boring site, and yes there is humor, and questions ask when someone dosen't quite believe what another posted, a few digs, a few joking at each other, but many educational facts about the Arabian horse and their many owners and breeders.

So M.D. what the heck else can this great forum site have to make you not sing out of tune.LOL

Easy. Give me an incentive, Boy . I like singing out of tune.

+Quote Post
Robert 1
post Jul 24 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #360

Gold Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (M.D. @ Jul 24 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Easy. Give me an incentive, Boy . I like singing out of tune.

M.D. Try Niel Diamonds song, Longfellow serenade.......Ride, common baby ride rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 11:13
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.