This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Posting Pictures
Journey
post Mar 17 2003, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104

HELP!! I'm confused!! What's new huh? lol

Anyway, can we not post images anymore that are saved on a disk. How do we post pics here. I am confused.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Debbie
post Mar 17 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26

Hi Journey,

I don't think it's possible to upload pictures directly from your harddisk.
If you found a picture on a website somewhere, you should copy the address and put it between imagetags.
You can use alt+g or click on the second button starting from the left ('IMG")
Then type the address!
Don't forget to close the tag, again with the same button ("IMG") or with alt+g or click on "Close all Tags" wink.gif
Then the picture will appear in your forumthread.
If you have a picture on your harddisk, you should first upload it to a server.
I hope you can make some sense out of all this tongue.gif

Greetzzz
Debbie

+Quote Post
Aleksi
post Mar 17 2003, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1

Hello Journey!
This is much easier as in the old Forum, as a registered user, just click the button next to "File Attachments" and search for the photo on your harddisk! No need to select a file format etc anymore, however, please keep in mind that only .jpg and .gif-images are supported by all browsers!
Aleksi
P.S. Please let me know when you read this reply, I´ll move this topic to the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum then.
Please post questions regarding the use of the Forum in the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum only - thanks!
P.P.S Oops, just logged in as a regular member - and - thanks for pinting this out to me - you were right, the field I talked about does not show up, this is fixed now!
Please do not hesitate to email me with other bugs/problems or use the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum

+Quote Post
Journey
post Mar 17 2003, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 104

Thanks for letting me know how to post the images. I totally missed the file attachment section. I was paying more attention to the http and img buttons at the top of the page. Again, thank you everyone for helping me, and thank you Aleksi for pointing out the file attachment section.

+Quote Post
Aleksi
post Mar 17 2003, 08:07 PM
Post #5

You´re welcome and I thank you!

+Quote Post
Lisa
post Mar 17 2003, 08:13 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 102

Hi Journey and Aleksi!I just tried adding pictures using the "File Attachments" and the "browse" feature and tried to post photo's that I had posted before and it gives me an error message saying I cannot post from that file-PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT I AM DOING WRONG-Thanks so much! mad.gif

+Quote Post
Lisa
post Mar 17 2003, 08:18 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 102

testing-ok it worked this time...I will take the photo out and try again-thank you!

+Quote Post
Debbie
post Mar 17 2003, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 26

Yup,

I didn't see the file-attachement section either.
First the links, now that, ....
Better not tell anyone I have a degree in computer sciences biggrin.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_paola marinangeli_*
post Mar 17 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Aleksi @ Mar 17 2003, 08:57 PM)
Hello Journey!
This is much easier as in the old Forum, as a registered user, just click the button next to "File Attachments" and search for the photo on your harddisk! No need to select a file format etc anymore, however, please keep in mind that only .jpg and .gif-images are supported by all browsers!
Aleksi
P.S. Please let me know when you read this reply, I´ll move this topic to the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum then.
Please post questions regarding the use of the Forum in the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum only - thanks!
P.P.S Oops, just logged in as a regular member - and - thanks for pinting this out to me - you were right, the field I talked about does not show up, this is fixed now!
Please do not hesitate to email me with other bugs/problems or use the "Help - Hilfe"-Forum

biggrin.gif Aleksi
this short message is not related to the topic how to post a picture but I have noticed as little icon in yr message a nice
Italian Greyhound face, is your little "Nemo"???? Please give him a special hugs and kiss on mine and Lillo behalf,

Paola

+Quote Post
Aleksi
post Mar 17 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #10

Hi Paola!
Yes he is biggrin.gif ! And I´ll give him the hug from you and Lillo!
Aleksi

+Quote Post
Wolf Arabians
post Mar 20 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 62

hi Aleksi

Can we add more then one image to a post? If so - how should we do that ?

+Quote Post
Aleksi
post Mar 20 2003, 02:13 PM
Post #12

Hi Klarit!
At the moment only one picture per post is possible (you can of course post several images by posting several times).
I think this is easier to handle for those not-so-computer-skilled,
Aleksi

+Quote Post
DebC
post Mar 26 2003, 08:17 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 193

I am so frustrated! I simply cannot get this picture attachment to work. My file IS a jpg - it has a jpg extension on it and it was scanned in as a jpeg. I keep getting the error message "you cannot upload this type of file". What am I doing wrong? I am using the file attachment , hitting browse, and then clicking on the jpg file, it goes into the file line and then when I try to post it gives me the error message??

Cheers!
Deb C

+Quote Post
Aleksi
post Apr 1 2003, 06:56 AM
Post #14

Hello Deb!
There´s a filesize limitation. We had to enable this since if for example three pictures with a huge filesize in one thread would make people with slower connections wait very long for the thread to view.
Here are two tips to resize the file size:
- Resize the image height and weight or scann it at a smaller resolution. Also keep in mind that for photos displayed on a screen 72 dpi is the standard resolution. Scanning photos with a higher resolution does not make sense.
Some scanners also have a "webimage" or "www"-mode (might be called different.
- Images contain often information that is not needed, like date of creation, type of software/camera/scanner.
This information is not displayed but stored in the image file. Here´s a free tool called JPG Cleaner which removed this information and therefor the image size without changing the image quality.
Aleksi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 18:16
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.