This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kamar El Zaman - Who Is His Dam?
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 13 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hello,

Would anyone know the dams breeding of Kamar El Zaman? I have tried various searches but not had any luck with this breeding.

Many thanks. unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ema
post Aug 13 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

The dam is Rashda, born in 1971, a Dahmah Shahwaniyah mare by Bilal I (*Morafic x Mona 1956) and out of Fanar (Nasralla x Bint Bukra 1957)

Hope that helps... I do have more information if you want to email me.

Julia

+Quote Post
HLM
post Aug 13 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

HI guest

Kamar El Zaman (1978) is by Sabah El Noor (1972) x Rashda (1971)
He was bred by W E Barbary, Egypt, Imported in 1979 by Rick Heber to USA, and thence exported to Jordan.

Hansi

+Quote Post
Al Fawara
post Aug 13 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 142

Or: Kamar El Zaman is by Salaa El Dine out of Amar, born in Qatar at Al Rayyan and went to the Royal Stables of Jordan as a gift. He is the sire of the top stallion Hlayyil Ramadan...
As he went to Jordan at a tender age and I am not sure if he was used at public stud at all it is more likely that you are refering to the mentioned horse in the previous posts.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 13 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #5

Guests

Hi

Thank you all for your help. I should have been more explicit - it was the Salaa El Dine son I was refering to as I have seen the photos of his son from Jordan. Beautiful horse but was not familiar with the breeding.

Sorry for the confusion. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 13 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Guests

Hi

Thank you all for your help. I should have been more explicit - it was the Salaa El Dine son I was refering to as I have seen the photos of his son from Jordan. Beautiful horse but was not familiar with the breeding.

Sorry for the confusion. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ema
post Aug 13 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15

Hi smile.gif

Actually there are 6 horses named Kamar el Zaman!

The Kamar el Zaman you are interested in is probably the horse born 10/11/1992. Hi is a Salaa El Dine son is out of Amar. Amar is a daughter of Ansata Halim Shah, and out of Ameera (1978). Ameera is by Madkour I and out of Hanan. That makes this stallion Abayyan Umm Jurays in strain.

Just for the fun of it...

Kamar el Zaman, a bay mare, born 1/25/1997, is by Ibn Misr and out of Bayrehaa, a Dahmah Shahwaniyah mare

Kamar el Zaman, a bay stallion, born 5/20/1993, is by Wanees and out of Wedyan, a Saqlawi Jidran stallion

Kamar el Zaman, a chestnut stallion, born 3/15/1993, is by Aybac and out of Noora, a Saqlawi Jidran stallion

Kamar el Zaman of 1978 is the one by Sabah El Noor and out of Rashda that is detailed in earlier posts

Kamar el Zaman, a bay mare, born 4/12/1977, is by Seef and out of Hamida, a Dahmah Shahwaniyah mare

A few months ago, in poking around and having some fun with Datasource, I also found 3 different horses named Nazeer too smile.gif

All the Kamar el Zaman horses, save one (by Aybac) are Straight Egyptian. The one by Aybac is Egyptian Bred.

Julia

+Quote Post
bterlaan
post Aug 14 2004, 06:41 AM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Sorry. I said something before checking and was wrong. So forget it.

+Quote Post
aliaalhussein
post Aug 14 2004, 10:51 AM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 21

Yes, The Kamar El Zaman you mean is the Amar son, bred by Dr Nagel and imported at foot to Al Rayyan Stud, then kindly given to me (in Jordan). He was of particular interest to me as he tracees to Jordan as recently as 1946.Lovely horse ,nice personality and good movement, produced really super horses for us here with all sorts of different mares , the best known being Hlayyil Ramadan, but also some very nice daughters -both the sons and daughters in THEIR turn are producing lovely stock again with horses of very varied bloodlines , Ma Sha`Allah. Thanks for your interest, Alia

+Quote Post
Al Fawara
post Aug 14 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 142

Your Highness, Sabah El Kheir, I was not aware Kamar El Zaman was born in Germany, please elaborate about the 1946 connection of Hanan and Jordan horses.
I have found some pictures that might be of interest, will send them to you pronto.

Sven

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 14 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #11

Guests

Goodness!

Thank you everyone for your hard work and information. Hanan's descendants have a special place in my heart, so it is very interesting to find out Kamar is linebred to this wonderful mare. I now know who to ask for bloodline information!

Enjoy your weekend and your wonderful horses cool.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Doris_*
post Aug 14 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #12

Guests

I always admired Hlayyil Ramadan but I never saw a picture of hsi dad. Has anyone some to share?

+Quote Post
bartvb
post Aug 15 2004, 07:30 AM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 482

Maybe you recognize some of those pictures! Its Amar.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
bartvb
post Aug 15 2004, 07:32 AM
Post #14

Advanced Senior Member

When those pictures came out first in the magazines about 12 - 14 years ago they made me shivver! I had never seen pictures and horses like that at the time. Little I knew I was lucky anough to take care of this mare for a few years.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
bartvb
post Aug 15 2004, 07:33 AM
Post #15

Advanced Senior Member

This one was on the cover of the Arabian Horse World four years ago.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 20:36
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.